What's new

Trey Lyles appreciation thread

Am I? Where has he improved? How is this year not his last shot to show some improvement if the Jazz are to offer him a big new deal? This league is perhaps the most elite sports league on the planet. You either step up or you get replaced by Donovan Mitchell. There are hundreds of millions of people that dream about the opportunity that Exum has. They are coming.

douche13

No **** this is his big year batman. I didn't realize we were having a game of state the ****ing obvious.

And the hundreds of millions can come but they aren't 6ft6 and lightning quick.

��douche13

No **** this is his big year batman. I didn't realize we were having a game of state the ****ing obvious.

And the hundreds of millions can come but they aren't 6ft6 and lightning quick.

Yes they are. The sport has gone global. Unicorns are coming out of the woodwork. Gobert, Porzingis, Giannis none of these guys find Exums height to be all that impressive. Gobert finishes at the rim, Porzingis hits 3's, Giannis uses his left hand. What does shorty mc6foot6 do?

Yes they are. The sport has gone global. Unicorns are coming out of the woodwork. Gobert, Porzingis, Giannis none of these guys find Exums height to be all that impressive. Gobert finishes at the rim, Porzingis hits 3's, Giannis uses his left hand. What does shorty mc6foot6 do?

It's Friday evening, cracked open a bottle of yarra valley Syrah Gamay and all of a sudden your posts almost make sense. Happy weekend !

It is kinda funny that fans gave up on Lyles without much thought but are still clinging to Exum becoming a star. Maybe it's the accent?

Exum's 20 ****ing one and didn't play two out of the last four years he's been alive. Despite that missed time, he's progressed and showed great promise on both ends. Above average defense. Elite first step on offense. Now a little more balls and willingness to attack the basket. A solid, albeit awkward, perimeter shot.

Lyles is just a few months younger and never missed time like that and regressed. His defense blows donkey dick, he's a "big" who plays small (****ty rebounder), doesn't play within the structure of the offense, and outside of a very promising rookie year with his shot, has shown nothing. No willingnness to play within a team concept, no willingness to work on his body (his is a joke), no willingness to work on other facets of the game. He looked completely disengaged and disinterested last year and blows. Go follow Trey Burke's mom on Twitter if you're looking to be the President of the Cry Me a River My Boy is Better than People Think and He's Not Getting a Fair Shot Fan Club.

He should be sitting next to Hood and AB at this point. He shouldn't be getting rooked in SL. If anything he has fallen off since his first season. He used to look like a plus defender. Kid has had 3 years to improve at something, anything. Srsly point to one thing he is better at now than when he was drafted. One thing

Shooting.

He has a decent offensive skillset imo. He is just one of these dudes that get motivated by the spotlight and shrink when the shadow of better players fall on them.

He has potential to be a good offensive player, but he flank out stunk shooting the ball this year.

We shall see.

His tweet was a stupid thing to do but I do not harbor any ill will towards the guy.

GL in Denver.

It is kinda funny that fans gave up on Lyles without much thought but are still clinging to Exum becoming a star. Maybe it's the accent?

I think, at least for me, it was the change in his demeanor and attitude after he was benched that swung me against him.

Exum's 20 ****ing one and didn't play two out of the last four years he's been alive. Despite that missed time, he's progressed and showed great promise on both ends. Above average defense. Elite first step on offense. Now a little more balls and willingness to attack the basket. A solid, albeit awkward, perimeter shot.

Lyles is just a few months younger and never missed time like that and regressed. His defense blows donkey dick, he's a "big" who plays small (****ty rebounder), doesn't play within the structure of the offense, and outside of a very promising rookie year with his shot, has shown nothing. No willingnness to play within a team concept, no willingness to work on his body (his is a joke), no willingness to work on other facets of the game. He looked completely disengaged and disinterested last year and blows. Go follow Trey Burke's mom on Twitter if you're looking to be the President of the Cry Me a River My Boy is Better than People Think and He's Not Getting a Fair Shot Fan Club.

That's exactly what y'all have done with Exum.

Btw, I'm not at all concerned about Lyles or the shot he got.

I honestly have nothing against Lyles, other than his pretty lousy play his 2nd year. I mean, the one tweet was probably classless but at least I can understand it.

I honestly have nothing against Lyles, other than his pretty lousy play his 2nd year. I mean, the one tweet was probably classless but at least I can understand it.

Yeah. I'm just done with the Jazz drafting guys that don't want to play defense. Not in Utah. Jazz are going to become the new Grizzlies. Grit and grind teams to death. Make them work for EVERYTHING. Guys like Trey Lyles and Trey Burke just don't fit that agenda. Hood might not be a plus defender, but it seems to me that he at least tries.

He should be sitting next to Hood and AB at this point. He shouldn't be getting rooked in SL. If anything he has fallen off since his first season. He used to look like a plus defender. Kid has had 3 years to improve at something, anything. Srsly point to one thing he is better at now than when he was drafted. One thing

Easily his ability to get to the basket has improved leaps and bounds over his first year. He still needs work finishing, but he can get there with ease now.

Tisk, tisk Jazzfanz trying to kick a guy when he is down. Let me remind you that you hero Gordon left the team. Yet, now all of you flip on him like he wasnt anything. Who are the trolls now. Guess my foresight is wasted on your vindictiveness.

So, let's get back to Lyles. He was drafted as Favor's eventual replacement. After 2 years, Lindsey and Quin saw a weak defender with a questionable attitude. From what I've read by others, his agent has been asking for a trade from Day 1 because Lyles felt entitled to minutes.

So DL gives him his wish, and flips Trey and the 24 into a player who is very much looking like he will be top-10, maybe even top-5 talent in a very strong draft.

Yes, thanks Trey, for making Denver a believer in you. So sorry you went from playing behind an oft-injured Favors to having to compete for table scraps with 5 other PF's behind Millsap.

Trey had every opportunity to grab that starting PF slot this year. He did not. Good luck outplaying Millsap for minutes. Let's see how green that grass is in Denver.