What's new

Trey Lyles appreciation thread

Am I? Where has he improved?
Watching summer league he seems to have improved in attacking more, going left, finishing, getting the line, 3 point shooting, shooting off the dribble, acting as a leader in the court. To name a few.

Am I? Where has he improved? How is this year not his last shot to show some improvement if the Jazz are to offer him a big new deal? This league is perhaps the most elite sports league on the planet. You either step up or you get replaced by Donovan Mitchell. There are hundreds of millions of people that dream about the opportunity that Exum has. They are coming.

This reminds me of that time we drafted Williams-Goss at #55, and several anti-Exum posters came here to declare that WG was already better than Exum. Then SL came around and said posters were very quiet suddenly. IDK were the numbers ended up, but before the last game, Exum had a better PER than Mitchell and Tatum, both really good players.

Of course it's only summer league, but some people have gotten so down on Exum, that they refuse to see the positives and only dwell on the negatives, to the point they'd be dumb enough to go to a B-ball forum and declare a #55 pick was better than the guy they decided they don't like.

Exum may never be a star, but he's far better than his haters are giving credit. IMO, most of the anti-Exum stuff comes from unrealistic expectations of where a project player who missed a year should be in his development. Well that, and probably backlash towards some of the Exum homers who can be just as annoying as the blind haters.