What's new

Trey Lyles being held out of practice/Summer League for now

if it is a combo of Burke / Burks and our bench scrubs fine I'd be pissed if they did all this talking up of how well Lyles fits in and then trade him

I'm going to take a wild stab at the deal...

We take Diaw and Patty mills into our capspace... send out Neto or something small. The numbers are really close and something like this might be in jeopardy with a few hundred thousand dollars difference.

We can then shop Booker and Trey Burke for something.

Wild shot in the dark, but if it happens I will claim to be a prophet and likely be insufferable.

I think if Lindsay was getting a call he wasn't expecting... It would be more exciting then diaw/mills?

if it is a combo of Burke / Burks and our bench scrubs fine I'd be pissed if they did all this talking up of how well Lyles fits in and then trade him

I don't get this. Would you really expect them to say we just drafted a guy we don't really like and hope to trade him? That would put them at a disadvantage in trade talks and would present a chemistry issue if we ended up stuck with him. Fans just need to place their faith in the FO to do what's best for the team.

I don't get this. Would you really expect them to say we just drafted a guy we don't really like and hope to trade him? That would put them at a disadvantage in trade talks and would present a chemistry issue if we ended up stuck with him. Fans just need to place their faith in the FO to do what's best for the team.

Right on. See the sig.

This. Something is "on the table". Probably based around a Trevor Booker trade, but possible Lyles could be involved as well. Would explain why Lindsey is getting short to reporters when asked about Trevor.
Maybe Dr Jones really does/did have inside info on draft night.

thank you for pointing that out Cappy Obvious

What did he say?
Something like "a good reliable source tells me that DL is working on a trade that will make us all worship him way more if he can pull it off but it will take a few days to get it done"

Even though the fan bases have gotten used to the idea of them being on the teams, there's no doubt in my mind that Lyles is a better fit for New York and Porzingis is a better fit for Utah. It would be expensive, but I could see the Jazz burn a ton of assets to make that deal happen still.

possible. No way porz stays in ny. They drafted him as an asset to leverage to get viable players to win now. Something like that Alec & trey L to Ny, Porz to Utah, picks from Utah to third team, and another vet from third team to Ny. I'm sure that exact trade is not viable but just throwing out there for the general idea. May be too much for jazz to give up, depends what they believe about porz potential. If they think he can be kirilenko on d and dirk on o (hyperbole), then they throw the kitchen sink for a shot at a franchise player after 3+ years development under Quinn and his boys.

I'm not advocating for this type of move but it would be exciting and interesting.

Del could be talking up his asset to improve trade value. Would not be a bad thing

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 19m19 minutes ago

Orlando restricted free agent Tobias Harris has reached agreement on a deal to re-sign with the Magic, league sources tell RealGM

... so it's not Harris.

Knicks will keep Porzingis and trade Carmelo(probably next summer when any team that wants him will have room)