What's new

Trump’s Dividing of America

Ignorance is selecting tweets and using them to show people agree with you like you do Thriller. Yahoo does this all the time in their articles, then you read the comments section and find out what people really think.
What shows your ignorance is that you actually support a monster like Trump. Not only does it show ignorance but an absolute lack of ethics or morality.

So again, what do we do lawfully with hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants? Just let them go?

You've gotta crawl before you can walk. Help us identify the common, quantifiable, non-negotiable goals. Thusfar, you haven't contributed for ****.

Then let's talk what to do.

The detention facilities are very obviously concentration camps. Such camps existed before and after those concentration camps that are most commonly associated with the term, those in Nazi Germany. And not all of Germany's concentration camps were death camps. They called the various types of camps by different names, but all would fit the description offered by the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

"a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard."

Merriam-Webster itself goes on to say "especially" the camps associated with Nazi Germany, but the term is not exclusive to the Nazi death camps.

I believe the description fits our southern border detention centers as well.

Some people reject the use of this term because they 1)mistakenly think such camps have to be death or extermination camps to be called concentration camps, and because they 2) do not want to accept that the United States would actually operate concentration camps. They do not want to associate their country with that term. They call it an overreaction, but it's only because of the automatic and default association with the Nazis that the association creates an immediate rejection by some. Do not associate that term with this country. We are not like the Nazis. Drop the automatic association, and it's just a term denoting the type of place described by Merriam-Webster.

Making believe we cannot call them concentration camps does not change the reality. AOC used the term in order to call attention to them, I'm sure she knew she would get attention for doing so, and her use did call attention to the detention centers, and to AOC herself. Basically, it forces the issue by causing Americans to say "are we really doing this? Is this who we are?" It forces us to look at ourselves. Which is exactly what AOC was aiming for. Just my two cents....

Yep. Good post.

A few Trumpers here equate every concentration camp to Auschwitz Birkenau; ignoring the other 1,200 camps at that time. Or the similar concentration parks used by other countries and empires. From the British against the Boers to Stalin’s camp system.

Again, their ignorance is not more valuable than our knowledge.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/concentration-camps-existed-long-before-Auschwitz-180967049/

Reactions: Red
So nobody can answer my question about what to do with hundreds of thousands of people rushing to our border? Your own words, I'm not asking for lazy links.

What shows your ignorance is that you actually support a monster like Trump. Not only does it show ignorance but an absolute lack of ethics or morality.

Being a conservative at one point meant having principles and norms. For me, I am a liberal and appreciate different perspectives as long as they bring the meat.

Being a conservative today means.... what exactly? What does it mean to be a republican? Definitely not free markets or small governments. What does it mean? I bet we’d get quite the range of answers.

Imo, right now it means nothing more than defending trump at all costs.

Yep. Good post.

A few Trumpers here equate every concentration camp to Auschwitz Birkenau; ignoring the other 1,200 camps at that time. Or the similar concentration parks used by other countries and empires. From the British against the Boers to Stalin’s camp system.

Again, their ignorance is not more valuable than our knowledge.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/concentration-camps-existed-long-before-Auschwitz-180967049/
Every single one was forced. Not one person is forced to leave their homes and be put in camps. Not one...

The people in the detention centers have it pretty good?

Okay. I guess we're done here.

It’s amazing! I’m sure it’s so great that Donald’s entire family would love to spend a week in one of them. No toothbrush, drink out the toilet, 3 tacos for 3 meals...

**** Trump.

I just want common sense border protection. The monster us the one who can't use words and has to resort the childish insults. You are basically Trump...

There are a hundred examples, but the naive continue to believe the rhetoric that he cares for anything but himself. What can you say, we are a highly gullible nation.

But all it took for me was the racist birther movement. My bank account and business have benefited greatly from lower taxes and lower regulation, yet I would not be able to look myself in the mirror or face my children if I had voted for the guy, despite my strong fiscal conservative beliefs.

The sad part is there are people in "my world" who see him as a monster but vote for their pocketbook interests. The rich are deliberately manipulating the working class to get their votes that go against their interests. I don't make this up, it is something about which I have direct knowledge. If Trump supporters heard these conversations about how they are being finessed, their world view would change.

I have one friend who is absolutely racked with guilt for voting for this bigot. Many say they will not make the same mistake again, so I remain hopeful that this dark period in our history is a mere blip and soon the bigots will go crawl back under their rocks.

**** Trump.

I just want common sense border protection. The monster us the one who can't use words and has to resort the childish insults. You are basically Trump...
There are so many more horrible things that he is doing, not just in his personal life, but as an executive of our government. Did you see my other posts? It is ignorance if you ignore this.

There are so many more horrible things that he is doing, not just in his personal life, but as an executive of our government. Did you see my other posts? It is ignorance if you ignore this.
I'm not arguing about what a **** show Trump is. What I'm arguing is two things.

A) if you hate Trump why act just like him? I'm just expressing my opinions and people here have insulted me for nothing more than expressing a different view? Calling my intelligence into question and labeling me a Trumpster. That's one of the many reasons I hate Trump.

B) what would you do with hundreds of thousands of immigrants rushing the border monthly? There are not enough resources to handle this ****.

**** Trump.

Yeah, I've been clear that you're not a Trump supporter. I'm not sure why a few others aren't able to separate an actual debate about this issue from either blind loyalty to or blind hatred of Trump.

B) what would you do with hundreds of thousands of immigrants rushing the border monthly? There are not enough resources to handle this ****
People calling your intelligence into question when points you raise are addressed and then summarily ignored by you (like this one was) has nothing to do with Trump, or Trumpism.

People calling your intelligence into question when points you raise are addressed and then summarily ignored by you (like this one was) has nothing to do with Trump, or Trumpism.
I've stated I'm at work and can't answer or acknowledge everything.

I'm still waiting for others solutions on where to put hundreds of thousands of assylum seekers and how to do these things under staffed and no room.

That's been straight up ignored besides some guy posting another candidates immigration policies that didn't answer my question

I've stated I'm at work and can't answer or acknowledge everything.

I'm still waiting for others solutions on where to put hundreds of thousands of assylum seekers and how to do these things under staffed and no room.

That's been straight up ignored besides some guy posting another candidates immigration policies that didn't answer my question
That was me and yes it did.

So nobody has any answers besides to bitch and moan? Gotcha.
I gave you an answer to your question, completely free of bitching and moaning. I suspect you are either trolling at this point or simply unwilling to accept answers you don't agree with.

I gave you an answer to your question, completely free of bitching and moaning. I suspect you are either trolling at this point or simply unwilling to accept answers you don't agree with.
Care to reiterate in your own words? I'm not asking a link. I'm asking you personally.

How do we know we don’t have the resources to manage the refugee crisis?

We had far more immigrants coming in during the 1990s and early 2000s.

And we far as refugees go, Germany alone took in over a million Syrian refugees a few years ago. Is Germany stronger than us? (Last year we took in under 20,000. Down from 180,000 under George HW Bush).

People claiming that we don’t have the resources to support refugees seem once again to be ignorant of the facts.

* Trump slashed the budget for refugees in half last year. So is it a problem with lack of resources or allocation?

* The world has recently seen its highest number of displaced people since WWII. Limiting the # of refugees we take in right now seems to come at a terrible time. What kind of future will internally displaced and refugee children have if we don’t help out?

* Seeking asylum as a refugee has been legal since 1951. Trump wants to conflate this with illegal immigration. Don’t be trumped.

* Somehow, if these were refugees from Finland, I doubt the Trump would have an issue. The racist undertones encompassing this entire immigration and refugee debate is just dripping with racism. They’re not murderers or rapists. The facts show that immigrants and refugees commit crimes at a much lower rate than the native (Caucasian) population.

* Perhaps instead of painting with a broad brush, we look at why Guatemala, Honduras, and other places of the world are having such issues? Is it because of climate change? Economics? Our own foreign policy selling arms to a terrible middle eastern country that kills our journalists and who then uses our weapons to destroy their neighbor? But until we get past “THE BROWN HORDE IS GONNA KILL US ALL SO BUILD THAR WALL” we cant ever discuss the deeper issues.