What's new

Trump: We will deport 3 million immigrants immediately

Get out all the bad guys. Sounds great!!

Sure it sounds great. Who doesn't want to get rid or thieves, murders, gang members...

But will that be all that are gotten rid of? Will it be over trivial stuff 10 years old? How are they going to find these couple million without violating things like illegal search and seizure.

Sounds great but until I see a detailed plan I have major misgivings.

**** deportation. I have already built my Ann Frank attics for my Mexican friends for when the republicans build new German Wall. Only requirement is they work for $2.12 per hour. Kidding

Part of the alternate reality many Trump supporters live in is that Obama has been soft on immigrants. As far as I understand he's deported more people during his administration than any other U.S. President. And at a time when net illegal immigration is at 0.

**** deportation. I have already built my Ann Frank attics for my Mexican friends for when the republicans build new German Wall. Only requirement is they work for $2.12 per hour. Kidding

So you want them to be waiters? Bad news for them, in Utah the hourly wage for tipped employees is only $2.10/hr.

Part of the alternate reality many Trump supporters live in is that Obama has been soft on immigrants. As far as I understand he's deported more people during his administration than any other U.S. President. And at a time when net illegal immigration is at 0.

This is my understanding as well.

OBAMA DID NOT ISSUE ANY DRILLING PERMETS AMIRIGHT!!!

So it costs the US around $23,000 to deport just one person. At a little over 2 million people this is going to cost somewhere around 25 billion dollars or roughly the entire GDP of Vermont. That's before we start building a stupid ****in wall.

So it costs the US around $23,000 to deport just one person. At a little over 2 million people this is going to cost somewhere around 25 billion dollars or roughly the entire GDP of Vermont. That's before we start building a stupid ****in wall.

Bulk discount.

It'll honestly be necessary, if there is really going to be an effort to do this, to construct massive temporary detention camps.

That way we can concentrate all of the detainees in a controlled area until they finally determine the solution for getting rid of them all.

Yeah this along with lots of other ******** just won't happen. He won't build a wall (the cost is astronomical, and it won't stop illegal immigration anyway) and he won't try to make internment camps to deport people. The best he could hope for would be to tighten the laws and make it federal law so when someone is caught in a crime that does not have a legal right to be here it is automatic deportation, which right now is not the case as states' laws vary on this.

Part of the alternate reality many Trump supporters live in is that Obama has been soft on immigrants.

A lot of them have brought up that he's deported more than any other president (haven't looked in to whether or not that's actually true), but is this the same alternate reality where those supporters predicted he'd win?

It'll honestly be necessary, if there is really going to be an effort to do this, to construct massive temporary detention camps.

That way we can concentrate all of the detainees in a controlled area until they finally determine the solution for getting rid of them all.

I C Wut U did There

I could do it for 5k a pop, easy.

New business. [MENTION=430]Dr. Jones[/MENTION], want to put up my starting costs?

I could do it for 5k a pop, easy.

New business. [MENTION=430]Dr. Jones[/MENTION], want to put up my starting costs?

Go on Shark Tank.

Yeah this along with lots of other ******** just won't happen. He won't build a wall (the cost is astronomical, and it won't stop illegal immigration anyway) and he won't try to make internment camps to deport people. The best he could hope for would be to tighten the laws and make it federal law so when someone is caught in a crime that does not have a legal right to be here it is automatic deportation, which right now is not the case as states' laws vary on this.

I reject this. In my view a nation state shouldn't have the right to restrict free movement of people and close their borders or impose quotas. In my view doing this and the bureaucratic apparatus necessary to do it is antithetical to what America is. It is a clear violation of and threat to the freedom that is at the center of the American identity. We don't need to give them citizenship, the right to vote, social security or medicaid benefits(although there should be a clear pathway to acquire those things)but we also needn't succumb to the bad ideas of some insulated, nationalistic, backwards, police state.

As long as you agree to start with my neighbor.

Trump already has neighbor turning on neighbor...

This is gonna be worse than I thought.

(kidding -- obviously, I would hope)

Trump already has neighbor turning on neighbor...

This is gonna be worse than I thought.

(kidding -- obviously, I would hope)

lol
Also, I don't think an illegal (did not say minority) could afford to be my neighbor.

- Trump