What's new

Trump: We will deport 3 million immigrants immediately

My mom's friend just sold her home to a Mexican family. She told my mom in a whisper. She is ashamed, and some of her neighbors have been angry with her (all prior to the move in). She's hoping that since they had the money to buy the house that they are going to be "okay" and won't completely destroy the house.

Racism alive and well in Utah.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

I reject this. In my view a nation state shouldn't have the right to restrict free movement of people and close their borders or impose quotas. In my view doing this and the bureaucratic apparatus necessary to do it is antithetical to what America is. It is a clear violation of and threat to the freedom that is at the center of the American identity. We don't need to give them citizenship, the right to vote, social security or medicaid benefits(although there should be a clear pathway to acquire those things)but we also needn't succumb to the bad ideas of some insulated, nationalistic, backwards, police state.

You can reject it all you want it's already part of our laws. And I'm not saying I disagree with you, although I do think there needs to be some level of control - just look what unfettered borders did to Germany after the Syria crisis which forced Germany to close their borders. I was just pointing it that this was probably the most realistic way Trump can do much to deport anyone. He certainly cannot just sign a decree and automatically have 3 million people leave the country.

My mom's friend just sold her home to a Mexican family. She told my mom in a whisper. She is ashamed, and some of her neighbors have been angry with her (all prior to the move in). She's hoping that since they had the money to buy the house that they are going to be "okay" and won't completely destroy the house.

Stereotypes. I have had maybe a dozen neighbors over the years from Latin America. Maybe 3/4 of them were very trashy compared to the other neighbors. The other 1/4 were immaculate.

my surprise level = 0

Stereotypes. I have had maybe a dozen neighbors over the years from Latin America. Maybe 3/4 of them were very trashy compared to the other neighbors. The other 1/4 were immaculate.

what is it about Latin genes or culture that makes them "very trashy"?

You can reject it all you want it's already part of our laws. And I'm not saying I disagree with you, although I do think there needs to be some level of control - just look what unfettered borders did to Germany after the Syria crisis which forced Germany to close their borders. I was just pointing it that this was probably the most realistic way Trump can do much to deport anyone. He certainly cannot just sign a decree and automatically have 3 million people leave the country.

What happened to Germany that was so awful?

Also I kinda reject comparisons of the old world to the new. It still is very much a different dynamic in too many important ways. The Americas just aren't comparable to Europe, the middle east, Asia, and Afirca. It just isn't.

I was showing an example of stereotypes. The 3/4 didn't take care of their property, let things fall apart, etc. Some of both groups are still very good friends of mine. Why are you always looking for supposed slights? A true warrior of the left you are.

What happened to Germany that was so awful?

Also I kinda reject comparisons of the old world to the new. It still is very much a different dynamic in too many important ways. The Americas just aren't comparable to Europe, the middle east, Asia, and Afirca. It just isn't.

You can Google a lot of it. Crime increased dramatically in area where they settled more refugees. The social system was having a hard time supporting them as at one point it was over 2 mill refugees in a country of only about 40 mill people. That is a pretty large percentage.

Part of the alternate reality many Trump supporters live in is that Obama has been soft on immigrants. As far as I understand he's deported more people during his administration than any other U.S. President. And at a time when net illegal immigration is at 0.

I understand that the definition of deportation has changed under Obama, so his numbers include people turned away at the border, which inflates his numbers compared to former administrations. May need to verify that though.

We should make all the unemployed build a border fence out of timber they cut an haul thereselves. Then we laugh when the Mexicans torch it down an break out the posole soup to share.

Well, I have no dog in the fight here but I'll butt in. I can only speak from my teaching experience but most of my kids are Dominican and were born there or travel there often. They themselves say the place is basically a dump. So I imagine it's all sort of relative and just half-*** keeping up with your place as you get older is "doing a good job" to them.

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood and a mexican family built on the empty lot next to me. Totally built a bigger and better house. That was kinda effed up. They just want to show people up I'm guessing. Nice family though. I do have a complaint though. They kick their damn soccer balls against my new fence (that I built before they built)constantly. Or kick them over the fence. Then jump the fence to get them. I can tell you first hand that a fence wont work at the border.

Anyways, thats my story about mexicans.

My Mexican next door neighbor is great. My white neighbor is a nightmare. Race isn't a determining factor to being a decent person.

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood and a mexican family built on the empty lot next to me. Totally built a bigger and better house. That was kinda effed up. They just want to show people up I'm guessing. Nice family though. I do have a complaint though. They kick their damn soccer balls against my new fence (that I built before they built)constantly. Or kick them over the fence. Then jump the fence to get them. I can tell you first hand that a fence wont work at the border.

You've just got to build it a bit bigger.

Send them an invoice when you're done.

LOL .. for some reason that made me think of George Lopez the sitcom. Dunno why.