What's new

"two blunts before every game"

Ya, so many people smoke weed. It’s so dumb it isn’t legal.

I dony have any problem with weed and I think it should be legal, but....

Do you think Lebron, Harden, CP3, Steph, or Klay smoke weed? I seriously doubt it. I think you are kidding yourself if you believe you are the best version of yourself on it. You want to be at your best? You are better off not doing it. Certainly dont do it before a game or during the season.

Do you think Lebron, Harden, CP3, Steph, or Klay smoke weed? I seriously doubt it. I think you are kidding yourself if you believe you are the best version of yourself on it. You want to be at your best? You are better off not doing it. Certainly dont do it before a game or during the season.
Lol man I have no doubt most if not all of those guys partake, probably not before/during games though. Cannabis is perfect for the constant aches and pains that come with professional sports, especially when you consider the alternatives.

Lol man I have no doubt most if not all of those guys partake, probably not before/during games though. Cannabis is perfect for the constant aches and pains that come with professional sports, especially when you consider the alternatives.

Lol. No way.

I cannot imagine Steph Curry sharing a blunt with Durant. These guys take their careers way to serious. They will look for any edge they can get. They will make any sacrifice necessary. Do you disagree with that? I doubt you do. So do you think they would make an exception for weed? And no, weed doesnt kill the pain as well as people claim it does. So it wouldnt be worth it.

Not everyone be in the world smokes weed. Im sure the NBA is a microcosm of the larger society. Or would you say every NBA player smokes weed? If not, wouldnt it make sense that probably the very best don't?

Lol. No way.

I cannot imagine Steph Curry sharing a blunt with Durant. These guys take their careers way to serious. They will look for any edge they can get. They will make any sacrifice necessary. Do you disagree with that? I doubt you do. So do you think they would make an exception for weed? And no, weed doesnt kill the pain as well as people claim it does. So it wouldnt be worth it.

Not everyone be in the world smokes weed. Im sure the NBA is a microcosm of the larger society. Or would you say every NBA player smokes weed? If not, wouldnt it make sense that probably the very best don't?

Can you imagine them grabbing a drink together? Smoking a joint on a day off would have no effect on their performance. I doubt you can play very well smoking before the game. I can barely workout if I've smoked weed. No breath.

Lol. No way.

You're coming across pretty ignorant of cannabis use tbh. You can most certainly be your best self while using it. As someone who used it when dealing with chronic back pain a year ago, I'm going to go ahead and call BS on it not being helpful to many people. I also get the sense that there is very much a culture of looking the other way regarding MJ use in the NBA, so there's not a ton of risk for these guys so long as they are exercising a modicum of caution.

Can you imagine them grabbing a drink together? Smoking a joint on a day off would have no effect on their performance. I doubt you can play very well smoking before the game. I can barely workout if I've smoked weed. No breath.
I think once in a blue moon they might grab a drink, but I doubt they do that all that much either.

Lets not forget that weed just barely become legal in only some states, so it being illegal would also be a deterrent. I think alcohol is far worse for you than weed, but weed does have the effect on the lungs, so there is that reason to not do it.

Im talking about the pros of pros here. There is a reason why they are the best. They work the hardest and make the most sacrifices. You dont see them in the news getting in trouble because they make good decisions.

My point is just that you aren't the best version of yourself if you smoke weed. Im sure they have people who also tell them that. They have learned how to follow good advice. Its why they are who they are.

Id bet my life on it that Im mostly right here. Im sure there is an exception though.

"My point is just that you aren't the best version of yourself if you smoke weed. Im sure they have people who also tell them that." This is nonsense. And there are myriad ways to ingest MJ without smoking it.

"My point is just that you aren't the best version of yourself if you smoke weed. Im sure they have people who also tell them that." This is nonsense. And there are myriad ways to ingest MJ without smoking it.

You arent being honest with yourself. Im not saying its bad for you and you are loser who cant function if you do it.

Let me put it like this.

Your son or daughter needs life saving brain surgery or heart surgery. The doc says hey is it cool if I smoke this blunt before I do this operation? Whats your answer?

You arent being honest with yourself. Im not saying its bad for you and you are loser who cant function if you do it.

Let me put it like this.

Your son or daughter needs life saving brain surgery or heart surgery. The doc says hey is it cool if I smoke this blunt before I do this operation? Whats your answer?
That's a false equivalence, I'm sure most of these guys are not using it before the game, and said as much. A more accurate analogy would be if I found out the doctor smoked in his spare time, and I wouldn't give a ****.

Agreed. I don’t think anyone thinks weed is performance enhancing. Has someone been saying that it is or are you just stating the obvious.

I think once in a blue moon they might grab a drink, but I doubt they do that all that much either.

Lets not forget that weed just barely become legal in only some states, so it being illegal would also be a deterrent. I think alcohol is far worse for you than weed, but weed does have the effect on the lungs, so there is that reason to not do it.

Im talking about the pros of pros here. There is a reason why they are the best. They work the hardest and make the most sacrifices. You dont see them in the news getting in trouble because they make good decisions.

My point is just that you aren't the best version of yourself if you smoke weed. Im sure they have people who also tell them that. They have learned how to follow good advice. Its why they are who they are.

Id bet my life on it that Im mostly right here. Im sure there is an exception though.

Just one thing...weed doesn’t have an effect on your lungs if you don’t smoke it.

Weed does help with pain btw hack

Agreed. I don’t think anyone thinks weed is performance enhancing. Has someone been saying that it is or are you just stating the obvious.
I agree but it also doesnt hurt performance and there are situations it can help performance. It might hurt if you smoke it right before a game but if someone used it hours before a sporting event to relax and even take a nap that would help. If someone used to to deal with pain that could help. I think that is why most pro athletes use marijuana, especially in the NBA and NFL.

I have heard of some that use it right before games and even at halftime but I think they are more rare. Those players are usually dealing with some sort of anxiety or depression that weed can help some people with.

Gas, would you prefer the doctor take care of their chronic pain before surgery by using some heroin? Because opioid-based pain medicine is heroin.

Do you think Klay, Steph, etc. sit around doing heroin? There's a really great chance MOST professional athletes have had a pain medicine prescription in their career and have used them before, during and after games.

Marijuana affects different people differently, as far as dopiness a goes. Me, if I smoke pot, I'm a dope. Not the same person at all, I function a few levels lower than normal. Because I realize I'm slower than normal I get really self-concious, get anxiety and don't want to be around other people. So for me, I would never smoke pot in a social setting or before I had to do anything remotely important. But my wife is not like that at all. I'm not saying she's her "best self" on pot, but the effects are not the same as they are for me at all.

So I don't smoke pot. It's not fun for me, it doesn't "help" me with anything at all. But if I had to choose between pot and opioids for pain, I'm choosing pot all day every day. Opioids are bad. They're highly addictive and they have ruined millions of lives, often people who just had some injury or some pain and their doctor prescribed them opioids and then before they even knew wtf was going on they were essentially addicted to heroin.

You're looking at pot like a party drug, but the fact is that many people don't use it like that. It can be used like that, just like opioids, or meth, or cocaine, or alcohol. But not everyone is hot boxing and watching Cheech and Chong when they smoke pot. And in places where pot is legal, smoking it becomes less and less the way people do it.