What's new

U of U, Kuzma, Kentucky and others named in corruption scandal

Hopefully Donovan is completely clean. I have a feeling he is, but i've learned not to assume anything. I want so badly for Mitchell to be a poster boy for the Jazz and the NBA. I actually gave my daughter permission to have a crush on him if she wants. She shocked me by saying she already has one on a boy in her class. She's 12...and just last Fall, before school began, had the boys are 'yucky' attitude (which I highly encouraged).

Hopefully Donovan is completely clean. I have a feeling he is, but i've learned not to assume anything. I want so badly for Mitchell to be a poster boy for the Jazz and the NBA. I actually gave my daughter permission to have a crush on him if she wants. She shocked me by saying she already has one on a boy in her class. She's 12...and just last Fall, before school began, had the boys are 'yucky' attitude (which I highly encouraged).
If he received money it wouldn't change how view him at all.

Anyone who thinks ncaa athletes don't receive extra money need to get their head out of sand. I personally view college athletes as amateur professionals and they should be paid for it.
I hire kids that have been on full academic scholarships and pay them well. I don't see the difference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LOL... if you recall.. My comments about Kuzma, from jump... (I copy-and-pasted a tweet from Tony Jones saying he was a future pro as a freshman into the draftee's thread for his first mention there)..

Were always ---

How did the Michigan schools let this kid get out of state???

I guess now maybe we have a lil more of a theory to work with.. As someone who kinda gets the gist of recruiting, I always genuinely thought the case of Kuzma was puzzling... I suspect they didn't realize he was 6'8 or 6'9" til it was too late, maybe there was an injury involved, more often than not these are the reasons why the recruiting services give a kid LIKE THAT a 3-star rating...

Now I don't wanna accuse him or U of U.. cuz when I look at this list of names, I see a pattern, this is related to the NBA, the NBA draft, those payments are feelers, or casting out a fishing line, looking to hook someone for years for 15% of their deal..

this is in no way a story of some fake buisness that was set up to give out pay-to-play allowances..... those payments were like the first payments in a pyramid scheme, thats probably the best way to view it... They werent giving out $$$ like Oprah giving out cars, no, they were hunting ROI -- quite clearly... and I'm sure the math is all bullet-proof, the risk reward...

U see influence is a powerful thing and with this one-and-done rule active, the NBA is encouraging this ****.. they are encouraging nominal amounts of $$$. lets say 1500 bux to hold some type ofweight, some type of influence.. The fact that Dennis Smith Jr, who had no buisness in college ever at all's name is dragged thru this is the most infuriating part IMO..

It's like the system we have is made so some fine commodity, like Dennis smith, who'd be praised in every OTHER country as a teenager, they'd give him a deal, set him up on a junior team and prime him for the draft years in advance... Instead here with our system, we need to smuggle Dennis Smith thru the amatuer system like some coke over the border... it's ****ing grand levels of hipocrisy and they are creating an environment thats a parasites dream..

Specifically the Justin Patton name is key for me, cuz I can sorta reverse engineer the chronology of when that took place --- It wasn't pre-season thats for sure......

This, more than anything else, is a story of predatory business practices, a story of black-market underground microeconomics gone awry....

A story of Vultures circling around debilitated unsuspecting prey...

Last edited:
I'ma just leave this picture here. It's perfectly appropriate..

dennis-smith-gottfried-chopper.jpg

What you are looking at here is the back of Dennis Smith Jr... See the crutches?

In that helicopter is former NC State coach Mark Gottfried...

As a general rule, if coaches are showing up to your highschool in a helicopter --- Something fishy is probably going on behind the scenes...

and listen, y'all can hate me, my posts, my opinions, everything.. On this particular subject I am spectacularly and undeniably on point, I can get up on the soapbox and do the "Mr Smith goes to Washington" routine without preparing anything written.. The truth is so obviously by my side... This whole charade is easily undressed, it just functions (and thrives) because the general public is malleable and SO easily distracted.. Where's the outrage?! LOL misplaced somewhere else for sure...

Last edited:
I'ma just leave this picture here. It's perfectly appropriate..

dennis-smith-gottfried-chopper.jpg

What you are looking at here is the back of Dennis Smith Jr... See the crutches?

In that helicopter is former NC State coach Mark Gottfried...

As a general rule, if coaches are showing up to your highschool in a helicopter --- Something fishy is probably going on behind the scenes...

and listen, y'all can hate me, my posts, my opinions, everything.. On this particular subject I am spectacularly and undeniably on point, I can get up on the soapbox and do the "Mr Smith goes to Washington" routine without preparing anything written.. The truth is so obviously by my side...

Or if a Coach shows up at your high school in a helicopter and you get less than $10,000 cash you're getting screwed. Royally NCAA athlete screwed

Jesus Christ you don't even have to file your taxes if you make less than 10000 in a year let alone four years in college

In my opinion they should be investigating the NCAA that is exploiting these kids and denying them the right to earn money off of their image/identity (and in the case of college football, maiming them as well). They're making billions using free labor. One shining moment that most student athletes will never be able to cash in on.

In before:
BUT THEY GET A COLLEGE EDUCATION. (They are largely coddled through the system--watch a season of Last Chance U to see how rigorous the academics are for them)
THEY GET FREE GEAR AND TRAVEL AND MEDICAL CARE. (Those jackets and backpacks and sneakers are a pittance compared to the income that they bring in)
IT'S LIKE AN INTERNSHIP/AUDITION FOR A PROFESSIONAL JOB. (If you started a business while getting your undergraduate degree in business and earned money, the school would be so psyched and use you as an example. If the NCAA standard was applied you would be kicked out of the program and your grades vacated)

Another major domino just fell... Archie Miller, head coach of Arizona, has been caught hand in the cookie jar, FBI wiretap, on the phone discussing a payment of $100,000 to possible #1 pick DeAndre Ayton.

The mandatory college rule is such complete and utter ********. These kids should be making endorsement money and/or play professionally the second they are good enough. Like a pro skateboarder or motocrosser or soccer player or...

Last edited by a moderator:
At the very least, everyone should play by the same rules and those days are long gone. The disparity alone created by being in a P5 conference versus a non P5 will contribute to the ongoing gradual demise in the interest of college athletics. The fact that many schools ignore NCAA rules simply adds to that problem. With title 9 and the huge variation in donor money, paying players sounds easy but is an incredibly slippery slope and one that is far more complicated than most people think through. I am probably in the minority but I for one would like to keep amateur sports amateur. I have a little first hand perspective because I have a son who plays D1 ball. I am more than fine with what he gets for the time he puts in - which is a significant amount of time and it is year round.

The NCAA should be indicted for their entire BUSINESS model. **** those creeps.

While this is true, my bigger gripe is that the FBI spent over a year on this and God knows how many total man hours while we have terrorism and other actual important **** they should be concerned with going on in this crazy *** world.

The NCAA is so flawed. It can't be run like a business because some schools simply cannot afford to pay their players. If there was a pay system, the have and have nots will be so apparent. And if the pay scale is the same (lets just say minimum wage per hour), rich schools and donors will still compensate on the side. Its a lose lose scenario regardless.

The NBA needs to scrap the one year BS. That will help, but payments will happen regardless.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

These kids are getting horribly exploited by the establishment, just like the rest of us, i have no sympathy for any of them. Transport them to the colonies if need be, they should know their place.

Where is the gratitude? They get to study in universities they'd never get let into or be able to afford because of the miserable reduced position of their parents. They have been extended the full pleasure of middle class privilege and lack decency and manners to be happy that these organisations make hundreds of thousands of dollars off their labour.

Amateurism is one of the most detestable lies in sport, it exploits working class athletes horribly, for the benefit of elites. It should be done away with as soon as possible.