What's new

Update - November 2017

Apologies for the slowness and recent downtime. One advantage to our latest move is the ability to scale up if we need to. Just increased our capacity and will continue to monitor for the best configuration. Thank you for your patience.

Is there a way to see which threads you've posted in? The old site had an indicator for that, but in not seeing anything here.

I like it. What is different (minus ads)?

What is different is that the green/yellow bar at the top of the page doesn't extend across the whole page. Instead it aligns with the rest of the page. I also moved the text a little so it would fit right after the adjustment.

The ads thing is just my ad blocker. JF has a history of annoying ads that play sound or redirect. I try to keep ads enabled on sites I spend a lot of time on, but I had this one disabled for a while. If ad situation improved, I'll happily re-enable it. :)

Is there a way to see which threads you've posted in? The old site had an indicator for that, but in not seeing anything here.

To the right of the thread title is the avatar of the person who started the thread, in the lower left corner of their avatar your avatar will be there if you've posted in the thread.

I kind of wish you left, for mobile phones, visit full website. It's cool on my phone, but I like posting from the full site better.

I kind of wish you left, for mobile phones, visit full website. It's cool on my phone, but I like posting from the full site better.
In my browser, which is chrome on android, I can always select "request desktop site" from the browser three dots menu.

What is different is that the green/yellow bar at the top of the page doesn't extend across the whole page. Instead it aligns with the rest of the page. I also moved the text a little so it would fit right after the adjustment.

The ads thing is just my ad blocker. JF has a history of annoying ads that play sound or redirect. I try to keep ads enabled on sites I spend a lot of time on, but I had this one disabled for a while. If ad situation improved, I'll happily re-enable it. :)
I think the ads are pretty clean these days but everyone is served different stuff.

As for the edit, I like it. I'll have to dig into the CSS to make it happen. Thanks. You a graphic designer?

I think the ads are pretty clean these days but everyone is served different stuff.

As for the edit, I like it. I'll have to dig into the CSS to make it happen. Thanks. You a graphic designer?

Nope. I do know photoshop quite well though.

@Jason
If someone has a pic in their signature, I'm not seeing it. colton would be the lone exception, that I've noticed so far. This is what shows up: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any normal text shows up for me, but no pictures.

In my browser, which is chrome on android, I can always select "request desktop site" from the browser three dots menu.
Thx. I never knew you could do that from the browser. That said, the old way you could hit that option at the bottom of the site. I only want this site full and now, when I visit other websites that I don't mind their mobile version (like ESPN), I have to keep turning it on and off.

Oh, and I feel incredibly naked without my signature or ability to rep someone.

Lastly, thank you Jason and Colton for doing a great job for close to 20 years on this forum. I know it's hard work. Just so you can sleep a lil better at night, last week I didn't renew my right to jazzhacks.com on godaddy.

Hehepeepeecaca

@Jason
If someone has a pic in their signature, I'm not seeing it. colton would be the lone exception, that I've noticed so far. This is what shows up: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any normal text shows up for me, but no pictures.

All the pics and videos that were posted (embedded) before the switch don't show up correctly now. People will need to go back and set their signature pic again and then it will show up.

If you look back at old threads you'll see that youtube videos and pictures now are just the old code, like [pic]23423jbkbh23423823rbkjberw.jpg[/pic] where before a picture would have shown up

All the pics and videos that were posted (embedded) before the switch don't show up correctly now. People will need to go back and set their signature pic again and then it will show up.

If you look back at old threads you'll see that youtube videos and pictures now are just the old code, like [pic]23423jbkbh23423823rbkjberw.jpg[/pic] where before a picture would have shown up
Working on a fix for that if I can. Otherwise, yes - anyone that fixes it themselves will be better off.

Working on a fix for that if I can. Otherwise, yes - anyone that fixes it themselves will be better off.

SIGPICs couldn't be brought over. I've cleaned them off but please rebuild your signatures if needed. Thanks!

I love the chatroom posting to the game thread. It makes for a best of both worlds scenario. Seriously, thanks for all the work you're putting in Jason I really think it's gonna pay off. I'm loving it already.