What's new

Update - November 2017

ok

never mind, figured it out

There is a spoiler here but it is invisible

Last edited:
here is a spoiler

it is a little confusing

I don't think we should be able to see what people are saying in private forums.

I'm also having a hard time living without the dislike function.

The ignore function has been greatly strengthened! Now posts from ignored members don't show up at all, aside from a barely visible "show ignored content" line of text at the bottom of the page. On the main page, it showed that the latest post was by Ignored Member!

Is there any chance we get activity stream back? It was great to catch up without having to refresh all the time.

I don't think we should be able to see what people are saying in private forums.

I'm also having a hard time living without the dislike function.
Yeah, so this software didn't support private forums. Had to hack in a fix but it isn't perfect yet. Bugging Tapatalk about it for the app. Now I'm assuming you mean you can only see the latest thread not the entire forum without the password?

As for dislike - tell me why? Not saying it shouldn't come back (again, not a default option for us) but something I can explore.

Is there any chance we get activity stream back? It was great to catch up without having to refresh all the time.
Does the ACTIVITY tab at the top not get you what you want? See also FORUM > NEW POSTS in the yellow bar. If not, tell me what I'm missing from the ACTIVITY STREAM and I can look into it. As you can tell, I didn't use it.

Does the ACTIVITY tab at the top not get you what you want? See also FORUM > NEW POSTS in the yellow bar. If not, tell me what I'm missing from the ACTIVITY STREAM and I can look into it. As you can tell, I didn't use it.

It was different. Activity stream showed the actual posts and it refreshed automatically. New posts just show who posted on what thread.

As for dislike - tell me why? Not saying it shouldn't come back (again, not a default option for us) but something I can explore.

Same reason we have Like. To express how I feel about a post without having to directly respond to each one.

BTW, I typed part of the response on my phone, then switched to desktop and finished it. It saved what I was doing on my phone. That's crazy!

I hate it, but that's a typical response to change from me.

One thing I'd definitely like to have back is the last post button on a thread.

Most of the avatars look blurry and pixelated. I love the big icons, but most of us need to pick newer, sharper, ones now.

https://jazzfanz.com/find-new/175/posts
The activity feed on the old site showed a preview of whatever post had most recently been written, regardless of the forum or thread. I honestly would have guessed it was a function that almost everybody used, since it was clearly the best way to see who was conversing and where. The "New Posts" function on the update just shows a running lists of the thread that was most recently posted in, which isn't nearly as nice.

I dunno... maybe this change is good since it forces entry into the site through topics rather than through what's currently trending?

I guess I'm just surprised that so few people are missing that old function.

Same reason we have Like. To express how I feel about a post without having to directly respond to each one.

BTW, I typed part of the response on my phone, then switched to desktop and finished it. It saved what I was doing on my phone. That's crazy!
woah.gif[\img]

woah.gif

I hate it, but that's a typical response to change from me.

One thing I'd definitely like to have back is the last post button on a thread.

Last post or last unread. I think going into a thread automatically goes to last unread (granted unread state wasn’t moved over but anything new).

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

The positive thing is that the site is preparing me for removal of net neutrality as it's taking a good 15-20 seconds to load any page on the site.