What's new

USC hires Steve Sarkisian as new football coach

Sportscenter's Facebook page just posted this... "THIS JUST IN: Washington coach Steve Sarkisian has accepted USC head coaching job, sources tell ESPN. Sarkisian was an assistant for seven seasons at USC from 2001-03 and from 2005-08.

Yea it isn't like he brought Washington back to National contenders. He did a decent job in Washington but it must suck for the players to see their coach leave before the bowl game.

File this under "meh". I think USC coulda done better.

I agree. I mean...I would probably use harsher words then "meh" personally, and I'm sure they did the leg work and gauged who was interested and he might have been the best interested party at the price they wanted to pay, but I don't think this is any step up from Orgeron and might even be a step backwards. Ugh. They'll be okay though. They are always talented enough to win, they just need decent coaching. And Sark should provide that. Sark is far better than Lame Kiffin though, so I guess that's what ultimately matters.

I agree. I mean...I would probably use harsher words then "meh" personally, and I'm sure they did the leg work and gauged who was interested and he might have been the best interested party at the price they wanted to pay, but I don't think this is any step up from Orgeron and might even be a step backwards. Ugh. They'll be okay though. They are always talented enough to win, they just need decent coaching. And Sark should provide that. Sark is far better than Lame Kiffin though, so I guess that's what ultimately matters.

I thought you'd be happy considering where he played QB at in college.

I think Sark also saw he was losing his senior QB and saw what USC had and figured it would be easier to start over in USC then starting over with a new QB in WA

No brainer move to leave Washington for USC.

Any idea who Washington goes after?

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

No brainer move to leave Washington for USC.

Any idea who Washington goes after?

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

A lot of Jim Mora rumors floating around. That was clearly the hidden genius behind USC's Sark move. Getting Mora out of Los Angeles.

So, if Mora goes to Washington, how long until Bronco announces if he has accepted/not accepted the UCLA job? I want him to be UCLA's coach so bad. We need PAC-12 wins.

Absolutely terrible hire.

I disagree. USC will always have talent. Norm Chow said you don't recruit at USC. You hold camps and pick the kids you want. USC needs someone to manage things. Also, everyone bags on Sark for only being .500 in PAC-12 play, but look at how terrible UW was before he got there. Sark will be just fine. Not the sexy name, but he will put USC back on top.

Absolutely terrible hire.

I disagree. USC will always have talent. Norm Chow said you don't recruit at USC. You hold camps and pick the kids you want. USC needs someone to manage things. Also, everyone bags on Sark for only being .500 in PAC-12 play, but look at how terrible UW was before he got there. Sark will be just fine. Not the sexy name, but he will put USC back on top.

Sark is an average coach. Better options were available.