What's new

Use 'em and lose 'em

Trump is a douche

I just want to say again, of all the stupid things Trump has done, this is the saddest. I'm very upset by this.

I want that disgusting person to keep his nasty hands off of the military. I have no doubt he's going to get many service members killed before he gets ousted. I would gladly give his life for the life of any single transgender military member or any other military member. He is not capable, qualified or of sufficient character to be the Commander-in-Chief of the United States military. Not even close.

Country*

I have been very unhappy with the Trump Presidency, but this saddens me more than anything else he's done.

There are about 15,000 transgender people currently serving. I suppose this means he is going to kick them all out. They deserve better than that. They deserve a better commander-in-chief than Trump.

What in gods name is this guy thinking? Good hell.

Then again all these hipocrit libs bitched an moaned over Bush 2 don't ask don't tell calling him homophobic an all that. Well guess what it was BILL CLINTONS gateway law not Bushes. Them dumb ****s only screamed for repeal cause a republican occupied the whitey.

Then again all these hipocrit libs bitched an moaned over Bush 2 don't ask don't tell calling him homophobic an all that. Well guess what it was BILL CLINTONS gateway law not Bushes. Them dumb ****s only screamed for repeal cause a republican occupied the whitey.

I did find it odd that "don't ask don't tell" became this evil policy. It came about as a compromise to allow gay people to serve. Before that it was "We are going to interrogate you in regard to your sexuality and if we uncover information that you are gay or if you are openly gay we will kick you out."

I served with several openly gay people during the "DADT" era and no one was trying to kick them out.

I think it's weird someone would use the term "liberal" as an insult and also weird that anyone would be proud to be a conservative.

My wife asked the other day what I think both terms mean and I gave her a short description of my opinion.

Then I looked up the definition of each word in how it pertains to people politically.

Liberal: open to new behaviors and opinions. Willing to discard traditional values. favorable to or respectful of individual rights and freedoms.

tolerant,*unprejudiced,*unbigoted,broad-minded,*open-minded,enlightened;*More
permissive,*free,*free and easy, easygoing,*libertarian,*indulgent, lenient.
progressive,*advanced,*modern,forward-looking,*forward-thinking,progressivist,*enlightened,reformist,*radical

Most of those words are positive characteristics (a couple are not) imo.

Then you have
Conservative: holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

traditionalist,*traditional,conventional,*orthodox,*old-fashioned,*dyed-in-the-wool,hidebound,*unadventurous,*set in one's ways;*More moderate,*middle-of-the-road,buttoned-down; informal stick-in-the-mud

sober and conventional. modest,*plain,unobtrusive,*restrained,*subtle,low-key,*demure,*unshowy,unflashy;*
informal square,*straight.

Most of those words are negative (with a couple positive) characteristics imo.

Seems like being called a liberal is a compliment.

GFBP: As a former serviceman, what does this look like from the field?

It's a different thing for me. I recognize that. What's the average guy in the field thinking right now? The very top says big, offensive changes. But a step down from that says No... no that's not what we're doing.

GFBP: As a former serviceman, what does this look like from the field?

It's a different thing for me. I recognize that. What's the average guy in the field thinking right now? The very top says big, offensive changes. But a step down from that says No... no that's not what we're doing.

Utter confusion. The U.S. doesn't look like it is operating with a professional government right now.

It has been U.S. tradition for the President to trust his Joint Chiefs and for them to project a unified voice in command of the U.S. military. Right now it looks like we've got a clown just randomly sending texts because 5 min ago he felt like setting U.S. policy without having an understanding of what that policy would mean.

I would trust what the senior military people are saying. Policy is not set via tweet. The President can ultimately make this policy change, but to force this down the military leadership's throat the way he seems to be doing? I think he'll miss their support if he goes down that path. Trump has no idea how the military works.

As far as serving with LGBTQ people. It's not a distraction. It isn't a burden. I was on a ship, an aircraft carrier. I had funny ideas about what the military would be before I joined. The reality is that at sea you're basically on a floating office building with some weapons and airplanes. If an LGBTQ person could work in an office building they can work on a Navy ship. Some jobs are physical, some aren't. But being LQBTQ in and of itself wouldn't prevent a person from doing any job in the Navy.

I think it's weird someone would use the term "liberal" as an insult and also weird that anyone would be proud to be a conservative.

My wife asked the other day what I think both terms mean and I gave her a short description of my opinion.

Then I looked up the definition of each word in how it pertains to people politically.

Liberal: open to new behaviors and opinions. Willing to discard traditional values. favorable to or respectful of individual rights and freedoms.

tolerant,*unprejudiced,*unbigoted,broad-minded,*open-minded,enlightened;*More
permissive,*free,*free and easy, easygoing,*libertarian,*indulgent, lenient.
progressive,*advanced,*modern,forward-looking,*forward-thinking,progressivist,*enlightened,reformist,*radical

Most of those words are positive characteristics (a couple are not) imo.

Then you have
Conservative: holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

traditionalist,*traditional,conventional,*orthodox,*old-fashioned,*dyed-in-the-wool,hidebound,*unadventurous,*set in one's ways;*More moderate,*middle-of-the-road,buttoned-down; informal stick-in-the-mud

sober and conventional. modest,*plain,unobtrusive,*restrained,*subtle,low-key,*demure,*unshowy,unflashy;*
informal square,*straight.

Most of those words are negative (with a couple positive) characteristics imo.

Seems like being called a liberal is a compliment.

Pretty sure you don't tell me how I define things.

Sounds like you got that from some essay written for a tenth grade English class. You mean to tell me a bunch of Liberty abusing grown up spoilt kids tryin to have no blame for there own choices an using people as there personal social experiments through government dictate is PROGRESS?

That ain't no progressive man. You show me a progressive I will show a child that never was told no by its parents.

I tel you what progress is it is free market capitalism that liberals wanna demolish. All they do is rise prices for basic needs on the poorest like electricity. Forward thinking? Nah. Willing to abandon old ideas to fix thinks that ain't broke? Yah. Free an easy, libertarian? Hah.

Conservatives, they arses to. At least them ******** don't move in to my neck of the woods an try changing the laws to get me to move from my own damn property. Hell, I been living here for 30 years off an on an these yuppie scumbags move in on top of me than demand I move out cause I am lowering there damn property values. An you call that free, accepting, open minded? Bull ****.

Where did them Liberty loving progressives support the war against terror? When Bush was thrown out an Obama started bombing the **** out the Middle East an turning his back on are allies an arming every terrorist organization his chief of staff could get on the phone!

Liberals are progress my arse! They are spoilt little brats that belief whatever the popular think of the day is. They make no sense an this buffoon Trump proves it.

Pretty sure you don't tell me how I define things.

Sounds like you got that from some essay written for a tenth grade English class.
Dictionary dummy

I quote from the great Gore Vidal:

"'Liberal' comes from the Latin liberalis, which means pertaining to a free man. In politics, to be liberal is to want to extend democracy through change and reform. One can see why the word had to be erased from our political lexicon."

I quote from the great Gore Vidal:

"'Liberal' comes from the Latin liberalis, which means pertaining to a free man. In politics, to be liberal is to want to extend democracy through change and reform. One can see why the word had to be erased from our political lexicon."

To me personally I see "liberals" and "conservatives" as the hard liners on each end of the spectrum. I wouldn't say that wanting to extend democracy through change and reform applies to either group.

To me personally I think that if we continue to define terms on a person to person basis it won't be long before we can't communicate with each other at all.

To me personally I see "liberals" and "conservatives" as the hard liners on each end of the spectrum. I wouldn't say that wanting to extend democracy through change and reform applies to either group.

Yeah funny how the term fascist control freaks dint come up in either dictionary dummy's definition. All praise for one end of the crazy stick an no mention of reality. I'm off now to protest a zoo cause they are so cruel an those animals want to be eaten alive out in the wild an that is so much better. WHILE ALL THESE DAMN LIBERALS OWN DOMESTICATED DOGS! Hypocrites!

Dint you say you have a dog Libby? Why you torturing that think in your personal zoo huh hypocrite? Liberate it libertarian. Let the poor think free of your cage.

That's some hard hitting stuff there. Super relevant to the conversation. On point to the maximum potential.