What's new
  • This community for NHL hockey in Utah will migrate from JazzFanz.com to a stand-alone location in the coming months. For now, lets talk hockey!

Utah Getting an NHL Team

Hell yeah!!! I played hockey until highschool and had to give it up for basketball because we didn't have a team. Bringing hockey to this area, especially with our love of winter sports would be a huge benefit imo.

I'm concerned about Ryans ability to **** it up... Utah Coyotes actually isn't bad, but it sounds like he is set on renaming them. The "Yeti" name he likes is really stupid in my opinion and although he created a software company that makes it increaably simple an quick to get mass consensus he hasn't used it at all with the jazz. I'm also sick of seeing Billionaires collect welfare from taxpayers to fund their hobbies. I'll remain skeptical.

I'm concerned about Ryans ability to **** it up... Utah Coyotes actually isn't bad, but it sounds like he is set on renaming them. The "Yeti" name he likes is really stupid in my opinion and although he created a software company that makes it increaably simple an quick to get mass consensus he hasn't used it at all with the jazz. I'm also sick of seeing Billionaires collect welfare from taxpayers to fund their hobbies. I'll remain skeptical.
I think Yeti is actually pretty good for a Utah NHL team. Lots of NHL team names are absurd and 'dumb' but it kind of makes it work for me.

I would love to see the Yeti logo.

I think Yeti is actually pretty good for a Utah NHL team. Lots of NHL team names are absurd and 'dumb' but it kind of makes it work for me.

I would love to see the Yeti logo.
The avalanche already use it. It's kind of an unofficial/official mascot of theirs with the footprint secondary logo. I guess now they have a st bernard but they always had the yeti mascot from the start. Anybody that has watched hockey for very long I think would associate it with colorado.

The avalanche already use it. It's kind of an unofficial/official mascot of theirs with the footprint secondary logo. I guess now they have a st bernard but they always had the yeti mascot from the start. Anybody that has watched hockey for very long I think would associate it with colorado.
Forget it then. I'd definitely want something unique

Yeti doesn't really work, it's not something Utah is known for. How about the Utah Snowbirds? Or Locusts? Or be really retro and go with the Golden Eagles?

Whenever I take my daughter ice skating at the kearns speed skating oval there are always A TON of kids playing/practicing hockey. I think a NHL team will do great here.

Having said all that, im bah humbug about anything that might entice anymore people to move to utah, especially northern utah, so I would rather not get an NHL team personally.

Whenever I take my daughter ice skating at the kearns speed skating oval there are always A TON of kids playing/practicing hockey. I think a NHL team will do great here.

Having said all that, im bah humbug about anything that might entice anymore people to move to utah, especially northern utah, so I would rather not get an NHL team personally.
yes this and paying welfare to billionaires sticks in my craw

Do you think some of the Coyotes players will ask for a trade if they don't want to play in Utah?
It's hockey, dude. Utah will be the preferred destination. And, I vote for the "Utah Soakers" to play to the young crowd. Maybe the arena could violently move back and forth before each puck off.

It's hockey, dude. Utah will be the preferred destination. And, I vote for the "Utah Soakers" to play to the young crowd. Maybe the arena could violently move back and forth before each puck off.

We'll see about that. Sounds like some players are not happy with the move.