What's new

Utah Jazz @ Miami Heat - 11/12/15 - 5:30pm ROOT

Another upsetting loss. I didn't like Snyder's in the substitutions in the last 3 minutes...both Neto and Booker were still in the game down the stretch.

I'm fed up with Hayward playing hero-ball down the stretch...he often failed! Burks has to be first offensive option and not Hayward.

I really think there are too many cooks in the ball-handling kitchen and I blame Hood more than anyone. This dude can't do anything from catch and shoot situations, and that should be his strength. He has only looked good off the dribble, and Alec/Gordon are both better than him since they can draw fouls. Right now he is just taking away form Burks/Hayward and he isn't adding enough off ball.

Is it just me, or is there a long stretch in the middle of every game where every play is a Hood iso? I'm guessing that can't be great for keeping Hayward engaged and consistent.

I thought what lost us the game was that 4th quarter stretch when Burks was sitting. Offense was horrid.

Hayward was just fine. He had an off second half.

Burks and favors were incredible (Burks probably should have got more looks in the first half..... iirc he didn't take many shots in the first half)
Ingles, lyles, booker, neto all pretty bad..... Thoug lyles didn't suck as bad as I thought he would.... Still sucked though.

Trey? Idk, he was very up and down.

Hood had a few good moments but seemed more bad than good.

I miss Rudy

Favors should have been given the ball. Oh well. We are still young. And these games hurt. But hopefully we learn from them.

I still can't believe you think Hayward was making those contested fadeaways at a 50% rate last year. Hell if that was true (which it isn't), Quin should just have the Jazz go to Hayward every play for that shot.

It's not a good first-option shot by any stretch. If the possession breaks down and Hayward has to iso, great, but actively dribbling out the clock specifically for that shot is not a good possession.

And by the way, I have acknowledged that Hayward played well. Me pointing out that one possession as a bad idea for a go-to player does not mean I think Hayward sucked. Knock it off with that strawman.

It would be hard to find it right now, but he had one of the highest FG% in the NBA on isolation situations. It was a good shot and a shot Hayward made a lot last year. Knock it off with that short term memory.

thats what separates guys in the next tier from hayward. They hit their FTs and they hit their shots from the field.

you're a ****ing idiot. Lebron missed key free throws last game.

24 points
11 rebounds
3 assist

Hayward lost the game for us clearly.

*sarcasm*

Having two starters combine for 2 points and having Ingles/Booker score 0 points is what lost us the game.
This is what worries me about Hayward, he just simply isn't a 4th quarter type player. Yeah, his overall statline looks good, but it was all early. You can't ever be called a star in this league if you consistently disappear late in the games. I just don't feel comfortable with the ball in Hayward's hands late in close games. If he's ever going to really be a star, he has to step up his game late in close games. He still hasn't proven that in his career.

Is it just me, or is there a long stretch in the middle of every game where every play is a Hood iso? I'm guessing that can't be great for keeping Hayward engaged and consistent.

Yeah, this. I just think Hood should be much more focused on catch and shoot, or he should go to the bench since Alec has been shooting it well from deep lately.

What happened? I didn't catch the start.
He actually played ok at the beginning.
Made some good passes to open teammates but they missed the open shots.

The problem is that he can't shoot and the opponent seems to know it

Another upsetting loss. I didn't like Snyder's in the substitutions in the last 3 minutes...both Neto and Booker were still in the game down the stretch.

I'm fed up with Hayward playing hero-ball down the stretch...he often failed! Burks has to be first offensive option and not Hayward.

You know Burks had a huge turnover late in the game? Every player makes mistakes. People are overreacting because Hayward missed a couple of open jump shots.

He actually played ok at the beginning.
Made some good passes to open teammates but they missed the open shots.

The problem is that he can't shoot and the opponent seems to know it

The biggest problem is he can't shoot, and he really can't drive. He doesnt have a floater and he isnt quick enough to beat big men to the glass on layups.

the mouth-breathers who bitched about matching the Hayward contract are coming out of the woodwork again it seems

you're a ****ing idiot. Lebron missed key free throws last game.
And Hayward shot 80% from the line this game.
Bosh and dragic missed crucial free throws down the stretch too. It happens