What's new

Utah Jazz vs. Brooklyn Nets, Sunday March 8, 6pm EST/8pm MST; Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY

Jose_Ortiz_fan

EDIT: 4pm START TIME in UTAH

I figured I'd start this thread because I'm going to the game. This is the third Jazz game I will have seen in Brooklyn (all Ws). As you might expect from a modern-built arena, Barclays Center is really nice. There's even a Kosher food section for the Orthodox Jews.
Barclays-Center.jpg

Now the Nets on the other hand...smh. GO JAZZ!

Jazz already have some good memories on this floor:
021415_gobert.jpg

rcsuuYI.jpg

Do it to 'em, Too Big!
77432981.jpg

[video=youtube_share;lYK7elqoi4M]https://youtu.be/lYK7elqoi4M

Kill 'em Jazz!
deronwilliams.jpg

wpid-42_crop_exact.jpg

cos-01-miss-utah-Marissa-Powell-de.jpg

Deron is an interesting person, atleast my feelings towards him are interesting because they have changed so many times since he was drafted. At first I felt protective of him, because the jazz took heat for drafting him ahead of Paul. Then I felt nervous about him because of Torey Ellis and " who is Jerry Sloan". Then I loved him because of the wins, and excused or ignored his awful behavior towards the media and teammates. When he blew up at Jerry I was angry at him. When he stumbled in NJ I mocked him. Now he is so low I feel bad for him.

I hope he finds redemption at some point.

Deron is an interesting person, atleast my feelings towards him are interesting because they have changed so many times since he was drafted. At first I felt protective of him, because the jazz took heat for drafting him ahead of Paul. Then I felt nervous about him because of Torey Ellis and " who is Jerry Sloan". Then I loved him because of the wins, and excused or ignored his awful behavior towards the media and teammates. When he blew up at Jerry I was angry at him. When he stumbled in NJ I mocked him. Now he is so low I feel bad for him.

I hope he finds redemption at some point.

good post.

Ive always really liked deron, and evem through the roller coaster of emotion, i wish him the best. hope he can get healthy and motivated. I like good basketball, and he was sure fun to watch when he was here. Just wont be rooting for the guy when he plays us.

DW's double/double run in the second half of the 2007-08 season was the most fun I've ever had watching Jazz basketball in this century (with now being the second most fun). He had a 30-35 game stretch where he was easily the best PG in the league and arguably the best player, period. For that alone I'd never boo him.

This thread has real feelings, brohs. Thank you. The walk down memory lane is a bit boring for me though. The Deron we knew at the helm during the 35-game stretch candrew referred to has been long gone. Deron got too big, but the Jazz got "Too Big."

:killer joke:

The time to boo d-will has passed. You can always boo the players that were sacks of crap and didn't care or play hard all the time (you know, Raja Bell, Carlos Boozer, Greg Ostertag?) but not D-will. He at least cared every game. That was nice, having a player that always gave a ****. But seriously, his caring was misdirected at times and it was ok to boo him, especially during Ty Corbin because it was partly his fault that the jazz were saddled with such an ill-equipped coach and team for a few years. But not anymore.

The time to boo d-will has passed. You can always boo the players that were sacks of crap and didn't care or play hard all the time (you know, Raja Bell, Carlos Boozer, Greg Ostertag?) but not D-will. He at least cared every game. That was nice, having a player that always gave a ****. But seriously, his caring was misdirected at times and it was ok to boo him, especially during Ty Corbin because it was partly his fault that the jazz were saddled with such an ill-equipped coach and team for a few years. But not anymore.

Rudy Gobert will leave his damn blood on the floor to win. Name one player besides Deron that did that otherwise in the last 10 years.

The only remaining ill feelings about the Deron situation is the CJ Miles bromance. I expect better from someone committed to winning.

We should prolly be thanking Darren William for speeding up the rebuilding process. After all, if Sloan hadn't retired that year it likely would have meant delaying the eventual letting go of Ty and bringing on new blood.