What's new

Utah Jazz vs Pheonix Suns - ESA - 8:30p mst - February 11, 2010

johnbdnb

Utah Jazz vs Phoenix Suns - ESA - 8:30p mst - February 11, 2010

Amidst all the madness, it's gameday gentlemen.
bear_fire.jpg 69b06eeba823f625914d737519a9043a-getty-83027710jm003_jazz_bulls.jpg
VS
phoenixgorilla.jpg steve-nash-bloody-nose-070514-1.jpg

Will the boos rain down?

Jazz 105-97

The Ty era has begun...
11511371.jpg

Last edited:
Who cares?
Ironic that the next game is against my next favorite team over the years, land of Chambers, KJ, Jeff Hornacek, Barkley, Nash, Amare, et al. An organization that almost won the West one year using a 4 guard offense.

Well, I do hope the team does keep it together and gut out a respectable season. Best of luck to Corbin and everybody.

Haven't been on the board since Wed. during the game and with everything that happened I'm WAAAYY behind on reading the board and getting a feel of others opinions of what happened.
I'm going to this game tonight and I'll be honest it's going to be a bit weird not seeing Jerry or Phil there.

I expect we are going to see a spirited effort from the team. The problem is we just don't have enough talent for that to mean a sure win.

I expect Deron to score 50 pts, shoot 67%, have 20 assits , no turnovers and get a atleast 2 rebounds now that Sloan isn't there to hold him back.

I also expect CJ, and AK to be more consistant tonight and moving forward. I think they were affected negativley by all the ALPHA Male fighting.

I hope to see rotations and substitutions that are made because of match-ups and players playing well, not because of the clock.

This is an historic game. The first game in more than 23 years that Jerry Sloan is not head coach for the Jazz. I don't know what the feeling is in the locker room, but I hope there isn't a division amongst the players. Hope they come out and show that the Jazz aren't done and dusted.

Wow, the game is being broadcast here in Germany! Time to get up at 4:30 am to watch the new era begin.
I expect headbands, 360 windmill dunks, Big Al Black Holes, CJ Miles Chuck City, Fes with more than 7 mins PT, and Deron actually playing hard!

Suns by 15

Wow, the game is being broadcast here in Germany! Time to get up at 4:30 am to watch the new era begin.
I expect headbands, 360 windmill dunks, Big Al Black Holes, CJ Miles Chuck City, Fes with more than 7 mins PT, and Deron actually playing hard!

Suns by 15
ha, hey, you're supposed to be my fellow-in-hope here.

ha, hey, you're supposed to be my fellow-in-hope here.

I'm more excited about the Jazz than I was a week ago, or more interested in them.
This change doesn't mean the team will suddenly be great now, but....
I do have some hope now, because what we were doing wasn't working. A fresh start has hope....
Suns by 3? ;-)

Historic game indeed.

Colonel Ty sends Bell and Sap to the bench, starts Fes, heals Memo, materializes a starting SG, lets Deron bring 40 and 20, and stops Hosni Mubarak from siphoning off billions from Egypt as he leaves.

Go Jazz.

lol rep'd. heals memo? lol. classic post

I think tonight is going to be an epic loss, with a few Jazz players getting great stats. PHX will run us out of the building, starting a landslide towards the lottery.

This is an historic game. The first game in more than 23 years that Jerry Sloan is not head coach for the Jazz. I don't know what the feeling is in the locker room, but I hope there isn't a division amongst the players. Hope they come out and show that the Jazz aren't done and dusted.

There were games earlier this year where Sloan wasn't the head coach !

I have a hunch not much changes. Deron will probably freelance a lot more than usual, and this will probably lead to fewer assists, more turnovers, and even worse defense. Only way this works to Utah's advantage is if Deron and the guys run, run, run and run some more. PHX is a fast-tempo team and it will be a track race. If Deron wanted to cut loose from the half court, there is not a better team in the league against which to challenge this assumption.

If Utah gets punked by 20, I will not be shocked at all.

Look for the arena to be empty by the end of the 3rd quarter if this happens.

I have a hunch not much changes. Deron will probably freelance a lot more than usual, and this will probably lead to fewer assists, more turnovers, and even worse defense. Only way this works to Utah's advantage is if Deron and the guys run, run, run and run some more. PHX is a fast-tempo team and it will be a track race. If Deron wanted to cut loose from the half court, there is not a better team in the league against which to challenge this assumption.

If Utah gets punked by 20, I will not be shocked at all.

Look for the arena to be empty by the end of the 3rd quarter if this happens.

Since their trade. Phoenix is actually playing a little slower tempo on offense, but has become a better defensive team. I expect we will play about the same which means the game will come down to the last few possesions. Interesting to see Corbin's rotations.

Whatever happens tonight, I am excited. I want to see our players compete...nothing more, nothing less.

Good luck team...good luck Tyco!!!