What's new

Utah Jazz vs Pheonix Suns - ESA - 8:30p mst - February 11, 2010

We should make the following two trades:

Deron & Okur for Curry, Udoh, Admundson, Radman (expiring), Gadzurik (expiring) and a 1st rounder. Then trade Big Al and Fes to Houston for Battier, Chuck Hayes, Jordan Hill and a 1st rounder. We save a ton of money while adding a bunch of youth and picks. After waiving Radman and Gadzurik, we end up with the following roster:

PG Curry, Watson, Price
SG Battier, Hayward, Bell
SF AK, CJ, Evans
PF Millsap, Udoh, Hill
C Hayes, Admundson, Elson
We don't rebuild, we reload with more defense, leadership and youth.

We should make the following two trades:

Deron & Okur for Curry, Udoh, Admundson, Radman (expiring), Gadzurik (expiring) and a 1st rounder. Then trade Big Al and Fes to Houston for Battier, Chuck Hayes, Jordan Hill and a 1st rounder. We save a ton of money while adding a bunch of youth and picks. After waiving Radman and Gadzurik, we end up with the following roster:

PG Curry, Watson, Price
SG Battier, Hayward, Bell
SF AK, CJ, Evans
PF Millsap, Udoh, Hill
C Hayes, Admundson, Elson
We don't rebuild, we reload with more defense, leadership and youth.

That lineup would insure a top 5 pick.

Losing AK was 100% the difference. We came out second half looking kind of confused, lacking energy - at least AK would have forced the issue. You could see that the team was missing him.

Also, did anyone see the play where Nash somehow had Hayward guarding him and Nash gave a "are you serious" expression, backed up, and sunk a three in his face.

Losing AK was 100% the difference. We came out second half looking kind of confused, lacking energy - at least AK would have forced the issue. You could see that the team was missing him.

Also, did anyone see the play where Nash somehow had Hayward guarding him and Nash gave a "are you serious" expression, backed up, and sunk a three in his face.

I can't stop looking at how dreadful Jefferson was out there. Man. And what the hell happened in that second half? Good grief, we couldn't score!

My favorite rookie burn moment was this incredibly obvious foul which wasn't called, giving the ball back to PHX.

1d0baff3-a4df-4a52-956a-a0f100e6b578.jpg

Fellas, this is my first ever post here. Been on prosportsdaily for some time now. Jazz fan since the 80's. Sloan's resignation was my saddest day as a Jazz fan.

As for the team, Big Al is not doing it. Yes, he puts up stats but basketball is more than stats. It's about working within an offense and playing defense. Defensively, Big Al is a massive liability. Every single trip the 2nd half by Phoenix started with a pick roll set with Nash and their center (Lopez or Gortat). Al got abused. If Phoenix could hit their 3's, we would have lost by 30. On offense, Al gets points but he clogs up everything. His inability to consistently catch the ball while moving cost us 3 or 4 possessions last night. It's obvious to me that he just can't be our center, and I'm perfectly fine with Millsap as our starter at PF. He moves well without the ball and has range. His development has been hampered by Al clogging everything up, but he's still putting up as good of stats as Al even though he gets less plays run for him. So the stats argument for Al over Millsap carries no weight in my opinion.

As for Deron, I think he needs to go. He is a great, great player, but I think that a large part of the Jazz nation will always suspect him for being the reason Sloan is no longer here. I'm not here to debate if that's true, but just to point out that we're smarter to shop him now than to risk losing him for nothing. If Vegas put a line on Deron's chances of staying in Utah in two summers, I'd guess that him leaving would hugely outweigh him staying. Since he's probably leaving and we have no guarantees we could get anything for him like Melo will get for Denver because of the 2011-12 CBA situation, then we need to shop him now. Add in that the entire Jazz nation will never embrace him again, that's just more of a reason to get what we can now. It's not rebuilding because we could get a massive trade for Deron. It's only starting fresh.

Well I am part of "JAZZ NATION" and I support which ever players are on the team. Does this mean I always say nice things or even have to like them? NO. I would rather believe all the people involved with the organization instead of some talking heads at ESPN. The problem with the world is few opinions are based in fact and reality If people in Jazz Nation are that close-minded then they deserve the team that they would be w/o DW. The only reason why I would trade DW is if he went to management and asked to leave and he has NEVER done that. If you are saying that all Jazz nation believes he pushed Sloan out how much trade value do you think he has? Would any coach want to trade for a "coach-killer"? As long as DW performs well and wants to be here than I want him to be here. I am going to believe what I know of the facts and try to stay away from assuming and speculating because when that happens you end up making a bad decision. At this time trading DW would be a reactionary move and only fuel the fires that DW had something to do with it. Besides losing a very good player and the respect of the players. Who would want to even come to Utah if the Jazz organization threw DW under the bus?

well , I missed the facial expression

Hayward was one of the bright spots last night.

on an unrelated note, somebody point out to Hubie Brown how every time he complained about the officials, he was totally wrong. Hubie falls for every flop or dirty play, and calls out the official when the official made the right call. 4 times this happened.

well , I missed the facial expression

Hayward was one of the bright spots last night.

on an unrelated note, somebody point out to Hubie Brown how every time he complained about the officials, he was totally wrong. Hubie falls for every flop or dirty play, and calls out the official when the official made the right call. 4 times this happened.

Hubie doesn't see well, but him and Schulman are the best duo on TV hands down.

I was talking with the perspective that i think Deron has, and possibly other players. They want the freedom. Or if not the freedom, the choice to do it their way.

The forcing of the ally-oop 3 times in a row was very symbolic of the guys "wanting to do the good stuff ya know..."

My bad Harcher....sorry.

I agree with you. The other part that bugs me is why in free form mode in the 2nd half no one passed it to Hayward. He was 5-5 i believe. It is not hard. Feed whoever is hot. Especially when you are launching bricks.