What's new

Utah Jazz vs Pheonix Suns - ESA - 8:30p mst - February 11, 2010

I don't know why but somewhere in the middle of fourth q I started feeling empty and numb inside. And totally emotionally disconnected from this team. Never happened before.

So your argument is...not to argue?

Here I thought you had a point. Or at least believed you did.

I said that Ty played some different lineups that worked (at least in the first half) and gave him credit for that.

You instantly thought I was criticizing Jerry and rushed to his defense because there's no way Ty could possibly bring anything new to the table and be successful.

Am I missing anything?

His point is Jerry wasn't infallible or the only great coach ever. And that you're being absurd and irrational.

Maybe those are my points. Oh well.

I think the irrational part is coming from you.

I've often criticized Sloan's decisons. Now, because I think he was still a great coach and very good man, you take that to mean that I see no fault in anything he does.

Where is this contrast? I questioned the lineups, yet it's you and Marty who act as if Corbin cannot be questioned on these things.

Note the irony.

This need to misrepresent my statements is becoming absurd. An argument for its own sake, or an attempt to caricature broadly without arguing specifically.

I said that Ty played some different lineups that worked (at least in the first half) and gave him credit for that.

You instantly thought I was criticizing Jerry and rushed to his defense because there's no way Ty could possibly bring anything new to the table and be successful.

Am I missing anything?

Yeah. Reading comprehension. Logic.

Come on. I don't think I even mentioned Sloan.

I think the irrational part is coming from you.

I've often criticized Sloan's decisons. Now, because I think he was still a great coach and very good man, you take that to mean that I see no fault in anything he does.

Where is this contrast? I questioned the lineups, yet it's you and Marty who act as if Corbin cannot be questioned on these things.

Note the irony.

This need to misrepresent my statements is becoming absurd. An argument for its own sake, or an attempt to caricature broadly without arguing specifically.
I deleted my post for a reason. But sure. We're all a bit tenderized right now.

I don't know why but somewhere in the middle of fourth q I started feeling empty and numb inside. And totally emotionally disconnected from this team. Never happened before.

I've felt like this since last year. I'm more angry at the FO/KOC for not even trying to keep certain players here. But it's not all FO. DWill, as much and as great as I think he is, I'm tired of his attitude.

Exactly what happened to me. I was sitting there at the game in the upper-bowl, 15 rows up, mid-court and i couldn't even look at the court. I just sat back in my seat and looked up at the rafters, the banners of our MVP Karl Malone, and HOFers, and the years where we won the conference, and won our division...then i'd turn my head and look at the retired jerseys on the other end of the arena, every once in a while the crowd around me would moan and groan, and in the distance I would look over at a band of Suns fans standing up and cheering and I just couldn't make myself look at these guys.

The buzzer sounded, my girlfriend looked at me but didn't have to say a word, she knew how I felt... two words: ****ing disgusted.

I've felt like this since last year. I'm more angry at the FO/KOC for not even trying to keep certain players here. But it's not all FO. DWill, as much and as great as I think he is, I'm tired of his attitude.

You know it just struck me that if you put these guys into some bottom feeder team uniform you would never notice there is something wrong. Infamous Utah Jazz is playing very average featureless and dull basketball. Deep inside I am scared that Jazz lost everything I became Jazz fan because of.

The Jazz are the only thing I've been able to count on for most of my life. I have to keep the faith, but it's not easy.

Meh.

Like I've been saying for a while, this team sucks. Can't shoot, have only one playmaker, can't rebound, and have no depth. They suck.

The End.

Time to rebuild.

Well we solved the first quarter problem. And it was mindblowing getting a double digit lead in the first half. That about sums up the positives.

Best news of the night: We've got 4 days off and I'm absolutely positive there will be a long, painful film session.

We might have scored in the first half but we never really ran an offense all game. Defense was very spotty. Any team willing to set 1 screen and make 2 passes is going to find an open man. Ty's got his work cut out.