What's new

Utah`s options this summer

I'm confused, how does that make it fact? Is there any confirmation that Memphis was really pushing for Exum?

Jones is as clued into the organization as anyone is in the NBA. Not 100% fact, but that was the word around the campfire was that Utah would not include Exum. Given that contract he got last year, I believe it be correct. Lindsey either has some weird bromance with Rxum or Dante has some good blackmail material on the Millers.

The trade is not happening until July 6th. This roster below is the one we take into FA if we renounce the cap holds for those 3 players. I see now that I made one mistake by forgetting about Crowder. This ****s up my whole premise since only 18,31 million is left in cap space.

Gobert 25,008
Favors 16,9
Ingles 11,955
Exum 9,6
Mitchell 3,636
Neto 2,15
Bradley 1,962
Niang 1,645
O` Neale 1,619
Korver 7,5
Crowder 7,815
ROSTER HOLD 0,9

You’re overthinking this. Once that trade goes through, we have just 1-2M in cap space I think.

We can’t afford to drop Niang. He’s one of our better scorers. Not sure who else is even close to him offensively. He showed down the stretch and playoffs he can score and add spacing on the court.

We can’t afford to drop Niang. He’s one of our better scorers. Not sure who else is even close to him offensively. He showed down the stretch and playoffs he can score and add spacing on the court.
Shooting 40% from the floor, 30% from 3 and averaging 4 points in the playoffs is considered "one of the better scorers", then this team isnt really close to contending.

Shooting 40% from the floor, 30% from 3 and averaging 4 points in the playoffs is considered "one of the better scorers", then this team isnt really close to contending.

I think it's more about price for what he does. He's a cheap contract who could, in all likelihood, fill a niche if given playing time.

I think it's more about price for what he does. He's a cheap contract who could, in all likelihood, fill a niche if given playing time.
There is no point of doing what he does if he isn't even good at doing it. Shooting 30% from deep while these shots were wide open is not helping us in any way shape or form. I'm sure we can find guys from summer league who shoots better than 30% when uncontested

Possibly but based on the fact that he was the reason the deal didn't go through last time because we wouldn't include him makes that less likely.
We assumed but never confirmed or verified

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Jones is as clued into the organization as anyone is in the NBA. Not 100% fact, but that was the word around the campfire was that Utah would not include Exum. Given that contract he got last year, I believe it be correct. Lindsey either has some weird bromance with Rxum or Dante has some good blackmail material on the Millers.
Could Tony Jones correctly say that the jazz wouldn't include Exum AND could Memphis have never wanted him anyways?

33wsq8.jpg

I think the Jazz should look into making Rubio a reasonable offer to stay on as a back-up PG, thus keeping our second string formidable against whomever we play! We are going to need a backup PG anyway, right? Seems like to thing to do if you ask me.

No guarantees though.

I mean, trading him to someone for cap space and maybe a super late 1st could be worth it. We'd then have about 11M to spend on Caruso and someone else.
I can pretty much guarantee that the jazz could find a better guard for exums salary.

Exum has been literally one of the worst players in the NBA in his career. And that's when he is even healthy

Could Tony Jones correctly say that the jazz wouldn't include Exum AND could Memphis have never wanted him anyways?

I tend to think their GM was fired for being insane. Woj and Shams both reported that teams, including Indiana (Utah East) called Memphis "insane" in their demands for Conley. As such, I'm sure Exum was brought up as a trade condition by Memphis but shut down by Utah.

I think the Jazz should look into making Rubio a reasonable offer to stay on as a back-up PG, thus keeping our second string formidable against whomever we play! We are going to need a backup PG anyway, right? Seems like to thing to do if you ask me.
No cap space unless they release Favors.

Depending on what happens tonight, I would not be surprised if the following happens: Willie Reed is signed. Naz and Cavanaugh get promoted. The 2nd round pick sticks and the battle is on for the two ways. Basically these guys would be cheap, Jensen really likes Reed and he is a warhorse, I don't think Naz and Cavanaugh are long term players but they would promote team chemistry. Cavanaugh for all his warts had something like the sixth best three point percentage in the GLeague last year. Perhaps a Stanton Kidd or someone like that sneaks in.

Good post, homey. Reed has NBA experience. Will he be healthy by Oct? Is Haas a possibility?
Naz could take Neto's spot.
Cousins shot pretty well for Salt Lake. He could be in the mix.

Whats the least amount you think Rubio would take to stay with the Jazz?
I don't think it's just about the $. There's a pride issue. Ricky was hurt about the rumors at the deadline. And Lindsey pretty much told him he wasn't wanted by saying he wouldn't be a priority.

Lindsey isn't going to cut Derrick to sign Rubio. Not when he's gone to great lengths to keep Exum.

Rubio's ship has set sail. I think he's bound for Boston. And wouldn't that be ironic? Lindsey traded for him so he could play next to Gordon. IINM, wasn't Ricky part of the entourage that met with Hayward? And now that pairing could take place - in Boston.