What's new

Utah`s options this summer

Alright... so here is one thing I think could happen with Favs... Boston needs a center rumored to be in the market for Adams, Vucevic... well what about Favs? I believe they acquired the Milwaukee pick in 2020 last night... what if we guarantee him then trade him into their space for their pick... then we use the space to plug a couple holes... but we land a pick for our trouble.

They may go the other direction and acquire picks for their space. They also may go the Russell route. They are a team we should be calling doe.

Yeah, have seen this. The question is, with what cap space? Does it mean they will be trading or releasing Favors and/or Exum?

I think it means they’re open to it and will actively look for a good opportunity to do so. Especially Favors imo. But we will see.

It could be a FA move, but we’re going to have a lot of roster spots available anyway just based on the number of players included in/jettisoned to do the Conley deal.
Could also mean the end of the road for Naz and Cavanaugh. That opens up a couple of spots if you factor in 2-ways

Andy Larsen‏Verified account @andyblarsen Jun 20
Zanik on how these players will fit in Jazz roster: "With our roster — and again, we'll continue to be aggressive — it's open. There's a chance we open a lot of roster spots. What we tell our guys is 'come in, come compete, and we'll have a developmental path for you...'

Zanik, cont.: "...That could be any number of ways. It could be on the roster, G-League, 2-way... But let's get you in here, let's get our coaching staff around you, and have a good summer and play and work with them after that to figure out the best developmental path."

Last edited: