What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

Unlike others, I think the Brooklyn pick could be had for the right price. Just like anything, it has a price.

I personally would rather keep our space and our pick rather than take Tristan Thompson. He would not fit next to Gobert at all.

I would rather squirt myself in the eye with lemon juice than take TT on that would be a debacle

Pretty sure Hood's "injury" was just the means to shut him down until the trade deadline. I seriously doubt he plays another minute with the Jazz.

He should have 1st round value. Maybe DL is just holding off to see if Hood can be the piece in a multi-player deal (combined with Favs or JJ) for example, that would net a better asset than just a late 1st.

Jazz tried back in the days. Two infamous trades were nixed because players didn't want to play in Utah.
Favors isn't the only player available to Cleveland. If I were Cleveland I'd be trying to land Jordan. Favors is a second or third choice.

I remembered this and was curious so I decided to Google it. I came across a couple of interesting things. First is this article: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/617145/Rony-Seikaly-insists-Jazz-nixed-the-trade.html

Second is the fact that by Feb. 1997 Derek Harper was old and, quite frankly, no longer very good. True, he would have been an improvement over Eisley, but enough to put the Jazz over the Bulls? Not sure. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/harpede01.html

So it's very unlikely that the Cavs would send the Brooklyn pick to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan. He just said this:

21 mins ago – via ESPN
Zach Lowe: Is there any chance DeAndre opts in? He has a player option for next year… I was told ‘No’

So Jordan is pretty much an expiring contract.

I don't think that makes it unlikely. The Cavs are desperate to turn around their present fortunes in order to try to keep Lebron. Them keeping the pick instead of getting the help they desperately need right now is basically them signaling that they are ready to rebuild without Lebron, who is going to leave if the Cavs don't prove to him that they are committed to winning right now, while he still has his legs.

I remembered this and was curious so I decided to Google it. I came across a couple of interesting things. First is this article: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/617145/Rony-Seikaly-insists-Jazz-nixed-the-trade.html

Second is the fact that by Feb. 1997 Derek Harper was old and, quite frankly, no longer very good. True, he would have been an improvement over Eisley, but enough to put the Jazz over the Bulls? Not sure. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/harpede01.html
I think Seikaly could have put us over the top.

DET is rumored to have interest in Hood & are apparently considering offering S.Johnson. I don't view him as a great fit on this roster but Kennard is intriguing imo. Although I'm not sure if DET would do this as they're looking to add shooting & Hood for Kennard is a bit of a lateral move in that sense. Thoughts?

Interesting take on Stanley Johnson. If he could figure it all out, he could be amazing.
Spencer Checketts @1280Spence
about 12 minutes ago

Stanley Johnson has had a rough start to his NBA career, but he’s got a ton of raw and untapped potential. Personally, I’d trade for him, and bet on Quin.

I like him. Think he could be a great fit and gives us more depth. If we cant find a top SF we need to find one capable of locking down their opponent.

I dont think its enough for Hood though. Maybe Stanley and a future 1st for Hood and a 2nd?

Unlike others, I think the Brooklyn pick could be had for the right price. Just like anything, it has a price.

I personally would rather keep our space and our pick rather than take Tristan Thompson. He would not fit next to Gobert at all.

I would rather squirt myself in the eye with lemon juice than take TT on that would be a debacle
Interesting take on Stanley Johnson. If he could figure it all out, he could be amazing.
Spencer Checketts @1280Spence
about 12 minutes ago

Stanley Johnson has had a rough start to his NBA career, but he’s got a ton of raw and untapped potential. Personally, I’d trade for him, and bet on Quin.

do we really need to pick up any more guys who can't shoot ????

Dont hood and kennard play the same position ?

I like the thought of stanley but dont know what the pistons plans are.

I would love Stanley Johnson seems like a young Iguodala. He is an athletic beast who will be a good switch defender the next decade. He could evolve into a player like Ariza, Iggy, Draymond, Sean Elliott, etc with the right work ethic. Maybe not that good but effective for a role.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I wouldn't mind having Stanley Johnson on the team. I just don't see a trade that works. The rumor is Johnson for Hood. There's no way in hell that I would give them Hood straight up. I don't think DL would do Hood for Johnson straight up either. Hood is a proven NBA player while Johnson is an unproven prospect. I would consider and probably accept Johnson and Kennard but I don't think the Pistons would trade Kennard. So what could they add that would be of interest to us? They can't trade a 1st until 2020. That doesn't really get me excited. I mean it's not terrible but I think we could get a 2018 1st elsewhere for Hood.

I like Johnson too. I didn't realize how bad he was shooting it this year but last night he put up 26 pts and 10 rebounds on decent shooting numbers. He is still very young and is a good defender. At Arizona, i remember people saying how hard he worked. I really have seen him play much in the league so i don't know if his mechanics are broken but Ariza wasn't a good shooter when he came out of UCLA. He worked at it. I rather get something for Hood.

Michael Gallagher: Woj says the Hawks are “open for business” in trade market. Also, besides Donny Mitchell and Gobert, the Jazz could deal anyone else on the roster, per Woj.

– via Twitter MikeSGallagher

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app