What's new

Utah vs. Arizona State, 11/9 @ 2pm, PAC-12 Network

leftyjace

I gotta be honest.

I think we're going to lose this one.

I sure hope we don't. But given all the crap going on, I don't see us winning here.

I'll still go / watch the game, though.

I'm just wishing we were more competitive this season. Ugh.

Road game..... against a pretty damn good team..... add in utes injuries and this one looks pretty tough

However, if there is one thing the utes have shown me over the last 10 years is that they have a good ability to get up for big games or games against superior (on paper) opponents. (pitt, Alabama, byu, Stanford, season openers, all their bowl games..... I think they had some huge streak for consecutive bowl wins that was the most in the nation a few years ago)

I have learned to not be surprised when the utes win games like this.

Bye week, good chance Wilson's hand actually has a chance to heal.
If so you have a shot.

If his hand is actually broken, pretty much no shot.

I think Wilson is a stud when healthy and he's the heart of your team.

I'm leaning towards him being healthy and the Utes having a 40% shot of taking down Az State.

Road game..... against a pretty damn good team..... add in utes injuries and this one looks pretty tough

However, if there is one thing the utes have shown me over the last 10 years is that they have a good ability to get up for big games or games against superior (on paper) opponents. (pitt, Alabama, byu, Stanford, season openers, all their bowl games..... I think they had some huge streak for consecutive bowl wins that was the most in the nation a few years ago)

I have learned to not be surprised when the utes win games like this.

I was wrong about it being a road game.
That changes things.

I say with no wilson, utes have a 30 percent chance.
With wilson (healthy) I think they have a 55 percent chance

IMO a win here almost assuredly saves Whit's job because you have to figure they can get #6 against Colorado and get a ****ty bowl opponent that will get Whit 7 wins including the bowl. A loss here and that hot seat gets even hotter.

Make no mistake, in regards of keeping his job, this is the biggest game Whit has ever faced.

IMO a win here almost assuredly saves Whit's job because you have to figure they can get #6 against Colorado and get a ****ty bowl opponent that will get Whit 7 wins including the bowl. A loss here and that hot seat gets even hotter.

Make no mistake, in regards of keeping his job, this is the biggest game Whit has ever faced.
The back against the wall game for whit....... I think this helps their chances

No way Whitt gets fired after this season. They could lose out and he wouldn't get fired.

If we take 6th wouldn't our ****ty bowl opponent be BYU?

Man, that USC game was tough. I can't even go in that thread. I will take my lumps here.

I can see this game going one of two ways:

1 - Wilson isn't healthy and we get blown out.

2 - Wilson is healthy, Utah has a rallying moment (like BYU before Texas), ASU's QB gets hurt (like BYU during Texas) and Utah wins.

I wonder if the crap about ASU's athletic director leaving for Texas will distract the team? One can hope.

It sounds like Wilson's hand is a lot better. No more glove. That is a good sign.

Here is something I didn't get at all:

Why didn't ASU and Stanford play the first week of the season. I don't get why they didn't want to take that extra bye week. Utah was a perfect trap game for Stanford and it killed them. Same with ASU. ASU had WSU last week. Now they have Utah then OSU then UCLA. I think they lose at least one of those games. Why not play the first week, then have a bye week instead of Utah or OSU? Anyways, hope it bites ASU like it did Stanford.