What's new

Utah vs. Arizona State, 11/9 @ 2pm, PAC-12 Network

182-1182988-1.jpg

I can't tell if it is the coaching staff protecting Wilson's hand or if he just can't throw or if it is Fatline's lack of pass blocking that is forcing the coaches hand to play call like this.

Other then several miss tackles the U's D has played great, sadly those miss tackles led to the ASU TD.

I thought that first PF against Walker for late hit out of bounds (when ASU scored the TD) was a bit questionable but it wasn't horrible call either I could at least see and understand how it could look like one but that last one on York was BS I thought and it took at least 3pts off the board as it knocked them out of field position.

I'm ssooooo tired of the offense playing not to lose and losing... good job ruining your chance to put the game away.

I'm ssooooo tired of the offense playing not to lose and losing... good job ruining your chance to put the game away.

Didn't Whit used to be a go for the jugular type guy? I just remember the onside kicks in the middle of the games over the years. Him going for it on 4th down in the middle of games. Does he just freeze up decision wise in bigger games? He certainly wouldn't be the only coach in state that does so.

Didn't Whit used to be a go for the jugular type guy? I just remember the onside kicks in the middle of the games over the years. Him going for it on 4th down in the middle of games. Does he just freeze up decision wise in bigger games? He certainly wouldn't be the only coach in state that does so.

It's a lil different going for an onside against Wyoming when you're already up by 50 and having balls against a PAC 12 team.

Yet another weekend of bad offensive football from BYU and Utah.

I think a lot of this stems from having defensive minded head coaches. Too much focus on defense and too little attention, detail, and understanding for offense.

What's a little ironic is that in the first half he went for it on 4th down 2x (on the same drive) and went for a fake extra point to go for 2 (also on the same drive as the two 4th down conversions).

All of Utah's problems start on the OL. They are so terrible there. Notice how when Murphy and Tonga were injured we started sucking? It's because they were hiding problems. Our OL is terrible.

All of Utah's problems start on the OL. They are so terrible there. Notice how when Murphy and Tonga were injured we started sucking? It's because they were hiding problems. Our OL is terrible.

Its wierd cause i thought they were going to be one of the biggest strengths of the team before the season started.

Were there injuries to the o-line?

I didn't get to watch the game being a DTV subscriber. I guess that sort of saved me from the heartache. From the sound of it, it seems the team again took their foot off the gas pedal when they got a lead..... This is on coaching.

I didn't get to watch the game being a DTV subscriber. I guess that sort of saved me from the heartache. From the sound of it, it seems the team again took their foot off the gas pedal when they got a lead..... This is on coaching.

The online streams were so terrible yesterday too when I starting watching with about 8 minutes or so in the game. I hate that us DTV guys get the Big 10 Network and not the Pac 12. I haven't watched one second of the Big 10 crap.

That is exactly what you missed. 4-5 straight 3 and outs after getting a 12 point lead. Then 2 INT's after they lost the lead. I'm not sure they threw a single pass during the time they had the 12 point lead. If they did it was a screen or so short it did not matter.

That is exactly what you missed. 4-5 straight 3 and outs after getting a 12 point lead. Then 2 INT's after they lost the lead. I'm not sure they threw a single pass during the time they had the 12 point lead. If they did it was a screen or so short it did not matter.
What's funny is in the 2nd half the 2 play action deep passes is what led to the lead and then they went away from it. I'm not saying they needed to keep throwing 30-40+ yard bombs but just not the give up play calling that led to the loss.

I'm almost as tired of typing it as I am of watching it but play not to lose that's exactly what you do, lose. It just effects the team mentality, your mind doesn't process the word "no" or "not" or things like that while your doing something, example when your golfing you think "don't hit it in the water" your brain and body process it as "hit it in the water" and that's exactly what you do. IMO that is exactly what happens when you play not to lose and in essence what I call give up plays. The message, actions and play calling need to stay positive or really the players need to at least perceive it to be and they can sense and see starting with the last few minutes of the 3 qtr and all of the 4th qtr that's exactly what was happening.

It's time for major changes Ute fans. This isn't working. I love Coach Whit and respect everything he's done for this program but he's simply not getting the job done.

Its wierd cause i thought they were going to be one of the biggest strengths of the team before the season started.

Were there injuries to the o-line?

I know. That is what we were told. I'm starting to learn that positions Whitt talks up (OL) usually suck and the positions he dogs on (LB, DB) usually end up pretty good.

We have 5 G's playing. Just not quick enough to handle all the speed at the DE positions.

It's time for major changes Ute fans. This isn't working. I love Coach Whit and respect everything he's done for this program but he's simply not getting the job done.

I disagree. I think he gets one more year if he makes a bowl. We all said all we wanted was a bowl game before the year started. We look like a 6-6 team. Why is he now held to a higher standard? Especially with the injuries we have had.

Consistency is under-rated. We need to keep Whitt, Sitake and Erickson one more year, as long as we make a bowl game.

I disagree. I think he gets one more year if he makes a bowl. We all said all we wanted was a bowl game before the year started. We look like a 6-6 team. Why is he now held to a higher standard? Especially with the injuries we have had.

Consistency is under-rated. We need to keep Whitt, Sitake and Erickson one more year, as long as we make a bowl game.

Problem is, I don't think he makes a bowl. I see Colorado as the only remaining win on the schedule.

Look, there was a lot of sentiment from Ute fans to keep Coach Mac. Firing MacBride was extremely difficult for everybody but it allowed this program to grow because Chris Hill made the right hire in Urban Meyer. Firing Whit does backfire if you hire some chump, but it also helps the program take the next step if you get the right guy.