What's new

Ute fans - classless?

I think thats fatchipper but I think the story is just that he has a bunch of memorabilia she makes him keep in the garage. He's not a byu fan. Maybe there is someone else tho.

Half right. My wife makes me keep the sports memorabilia in the garage. I don't own a single piece of BYU memorabilia, and never will.

I hadn't read past the first page so I apologize if this had already been addressed. I know this happened last year but more because of all the fans cheering Jimmer so JAZZ fans took it upon themselves to drown out the cheering for the opposing teams player with boo'ing (even if most of these boo'ing fans likely are Utes fans).

I'll digress from making stereotypical jokes about how more Y fans are LA or Celtic fans then Jazz fans.

I hadn't read past the first page so I apologize if this had already been addressed. I know this happened last year but more because of all the fans cheering Jimmer so JAZZ fans took it upon themselves to drown out the cheering for the opposing teams player with boo'ing (even if most of these boo'ing fans likely are Utes fans).

I don't have a problem with that. Booing opposing players = perfectly fine in my book. (Booing amateur college student dancers = not fine.)

I'll digress from making stereotypical jokes about how more Y fans are LA or Celtic fans then Jazz fans.

Well, since only about 40% of BYU students are from Utah (my guess, anyway), that wouldn't surprised me too much.

There are waaaaaay more Ute fans at Jazz games than Coug fans.

Every time the Bear holds up a Utes sign the crowd goes crazy, byu sign, boos reign down.

I was at one game where some byu dancers or something came onto the court, and yeah they were booed.

Also, after the Sugar Bowl the whole Utes football team was brought out onto the court during a timeout, to a standing ovation. There was a guy in a byu hat a couple rows below me that remained seated. I crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at him, when he turned around I gave him a "rise up" motion. He remained seated. Talk about classless.

lol...

I think that is pretty classless.

But im not surprised. I am a byu fan who likes to party and therefore i go to bars and parties and whatnot occasionally wearing byu clothing and everytime without fail people talk **** to me for it.
I have gotten used to it so it doesn't really bother me anymore but its always interesting how many ute fans just have to throw out a byu sucks type of comment.

Every year i go to my wifes company christmas party and the first year i went there was a bowl game on tv and i was watching with some of the people there and was asked who my team is. I said BYU and then all of a sudden everyone at the party changed the way that interacted with me. Before they knew what team i liked we were all having fun and getting along but once i said i liked byu i started getting the cold sholder.

Now every year that we go to this party right when i arrive everyone is like "the byu fan is here" and start throwing out little comments here and there. I have gotten used to it and get along with everyone good enough at this party now though so whatever.

It has always seemed to me that ute fans hate byu and byu fans much more than byu fans hate the utes and thier fans.

In fairness, if you came to a party I was having and sat down and pooped your pants, I'd probly start treating you differently too.

Lolol

This post brought to you by UGLI baby

Class is a funny thing. The definition is very suspect.

I think it's more of a when in Rome thing, myself. Too deep to get into. If I did, it would get a tldr response.