What's new

Video Game Thread

. With that said, I stuck mainly to the campaign and am almost done with act 2 and I like it now. The story line is fun, but the game play is too now.

I made it to act 2 and then decided to stop. I gave it a fair spin, fun level just too inconsistent for me to keep playing anymore now though.

Big PS3/Vita sale this week:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...-souls-2-mass-effect-3-and-more/1100-6420073/

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky - PS3, $24.99 (Was $49.99)
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - Vita, $29.99 (Was $39.99)
Dark Souls II - PS3, $38.99 (Was $59.99)
Demon's Souls - PS3, $9.99 (Was $19.99)
Dragon Age: Origins - PS3, $4.99 (Was $19.99)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - PS3, $19.99 (Was $39.99)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, $29.99 (Was $39.99)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - PS3, $4.99 (Was $19.99)
Mass Effect 3 DLC - PS3, prices vary
Mass Effect Trilogy - PS3, $14.99 (Was $29.99)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - PS3, $4.99 (Was $19.99)
Soul Sacrifice - Vita, $6.49 (Was $26.99)
South Park: The Stick of Truth - PS3, $41.99 (Was $59.99)
Tales of Graces F - PS3, $17.49 (Was $34.99)
Tales of Xillia - PS3, $19.99 (Was $39.99)
Toukiden: The Age of Demons - Vita, $19.99 (Was $39.99)

Lots of great stuff on there. Ni No Kuni for $5 is a no-brainer. Lots of other good games on here, too... if you don't have an X-Box 360, the Mass Effect Trilogy for $15 is a great deal, too. Not to mention Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 2...

I picked up both tales games. Theyve never gone under 40 for some reason. I figured this was my only chance

I picked up both tales games. Theyve never gone under 40 for some reason. I figured this was my only chance

Xillia was pretty good. Graces was really "meh"... the combat system was good, but the game never made me care about the characters at all.

Honestly, Vesperia is still my favorite one. Too bad it's only on 360 (at least in the US). Symphonia is #2 for me, thankfully they did that HD re-release recently for PS3.

What is that expansion for symphonia? Would it be cool to just get the game alone rather than getting the bundle.

What is that expansion for symphonia? Would it be cool to just get the game alone rather than getting the bundle.

Yeah, the HD re-release has both Symphonia games, but from everything I hear, the second one (2008 game for the Wii) really isn't very good. So I think you'd be fine just getting the first one. Problem there is that it's only on Gamecube. If you don't have a Gamecube, the PS3 bundled re-release is your only option -- and both games are on the same disc. The game was also released on PS2, but I believe that was Japan-only.

Possible PS4+Vita bundles revealed:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-ps-vita-bundle-revealed/1100-6420095/

The supposed Best Buy Bundle of $560 for a PS4, Vita, and Borderlands 2 on Vita isn't bad, although the savings aren't really all that huge. A PS4 goes for $400, and the Vita+Borderlands 2 bundle is $200, so you'd only be saving $40. Still, it's something. And there's nothing official yet... this may all be a hoax, and on the other hand, there may be more and better deals announced at E3. We'll just have to wait and see.

In other news, it's been announced that Dark Souls 2 will get three DLC expansions priced at $10 a pop:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-2-dlc-coming-this-summer-as-a-trilogy/1100-6420091/

On the one hand, yay for more Souls content. On the other hand, I can't help but feel that From Software is joining the ranks of the "ordinary" developers who exploit their players with this kind of DLC. $30 is half again the price of the original game. Who wants to bet it won't add up to be half again as much content?

Waiting for the Steam Summer Sale. Anyone know when it starts? I know it should be within the next 2 weeks.

Alan Wake is good. Did you guys ever play that one? The story doesn't make any sense to me, but whatever, it's still fun feeling like your lost in the middle of the woods.