What's new

Video Game Thread

I caved. Gonna be picking it up as long as I beat ME3 this weekend. Did you play last of us yet, AP? You really should.

I had no idea GTA 5 was coming out next week - I might get it simply because GTA:SA was easily the best one to me. The last couple weeks seem to have been pretty good in the video game world on further review.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Diablo 3 getting released on consoles.
Castle of Illusion remake
Rayman Legends
That Puppeteer game I posted above.

Those all look up my alley. I might have to go shopping.

I had no idea GTA 5 was coming out next week - I might get it simply because GTA:SA was easily the best one to me. The last couple weeks seem to have been pretty good in the video game world on further review.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Diablo 3 getting released on consoles.
Castle of Illusion remake
Rayman Legends
That Puppeteer game I posted above.

Those all look up my alley. I might have to go shopping.

Just get gta5.
I hear that san andreas and gta 4 worlds could fit inside the gta 5 world like 3 times.

Plus there are like 500 missions available online in multiplayer...... this game will keep ya busy for a while

Just get gta5.
I hear that san andreas and gta 4 worlds could fit inside the gta 5 world like 3 times.

Plus there are like 500 missions available online in multiplayer...... this game will keep ya busy for a while

No doubt. I think that's the route I'll go. I didn't mean to imply that I was going to go out and buy all of those. That would be stupid, considering that I don't game all that often and that my backlog of games from the Wii/360/PS3 gen that I want to try out is probably close to 100 deep - which I probably won't even get to 10 of them - so attacking the bargain bin is almost always the best route for me. Though I do make occasional exceptions - and that grouping seems worthy of one. It's just nice to see that they are still releasing good games for those systems with all the big new console launches coming up.

If you have Xbox 360 GTA5 is going to require a 8GB install on your hard drive, hopefully you guys have the larger one.

Last edited:
If you have Xbox 360 GTA5 is going to require a 8GB install on your hard drive, hopefully you guys have the larger one.

That's helpful. Probably saved me a trip back and forth to exchange for the PS3 version at least because I bought the 4 GB 360 because I wasn't planning on storing anything on it but saves.

That's helpful. Probably saved me a trip back and forth to exchange for the PS3 version at least because I bought the 4 GB 360 because I wasn't planning on storing anything on it but saves.

I wonder how many people are going to be upset not knowing the required 8 GB install. Do you have a lot of space on your ps3?

I wonder how many people are going to be upset not knowing the required 8 GB install. Do you have a lot of space on your ps3?

Probably a fair amount. Yeah, I should be good on the PS3 front.

On another note, I went and tried to trade in some old games at Gamestop just barely, and they tried to fingerprint me. Do they do that **** at Pawn Shops and everything now too? I wasn't down with that, so I just walked out, but it creeped me out. I guess Ebay is the only good option to get rid of old games now.

Probably a fair amount. Yeah, I should be good on the PS3 front.

On another note, I went and tried to trade in some old games at Gamestop just barely, and they tried to fingerprint me. Do they do that **** at Pawn Shops and everything now too? I wasn't down with that, so I just walked out, but it creeped me out. I guess Ebay is the only good option to get rid of old games now.

Ya weird. Its not like they can trace back a game to anyone anyways. Can they?

Ya weird. Its not like they can trace back a game to anyone anyways. Can they?

They could match it to the original owner through fingerprinting unless it was cleaned up. It would probably be a total waste of resources to bother with that unless it was a bigger trade in involving systems and stuff or they thought it was a portion of a bigger operation of stolen goods though. Some kid reports his $10 Call of Duty game in as being stolen, and I'm sure nobody would be interested. My stuff was worth like $20-$30 of trade credit(most of it previously bought from Gamestop - still in the crappy cases with stickers all over them that they give you) at the most and I was just going to use it to pick up some more cheap games from their used sections. I love me some $2 games. I don't know, I just didn't realize those laws were in place in Utah now.

Last edited:
they've always done that at pawn shops, but its new for video game stores. i dont think it actually does anything, more of a deterrent.

Lots of reviews in for gta5 and it seems to be getting amazing scores with every publication

I've played GTA, a couple of different iterations, and I just don't see the draw. Graphics ok, no real story line, just generalized chaos with no real point. Not even an interesting world to explore. It got boring fast.

Lots of reviews in for gta5 and it seems to be getting amazing scores with every publication

Go watch the Gamespot video review of it if you haven't - it's classically bad. And it's not just bad because it's a feminazi tranny named "Carolyn" whose voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard that rants about misogyny in GTA 5 for half the review that's doing the review. But it's mostly bad because it's a feminazi tranny named "Carolyn" whose voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard that rants about misogyny in GTA 5 for half the review that's doing the review.

Go watch the Gamespot video review of it if you haven't - it's classically bad. And it's not just bad because it's a feminazi tranny named "Carolyn" whose voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard that rants about misogyny in GTA 5 for half the review that's doing the review. But it's mostly bad because it's a feminazi tranny named "Carolyn" whose voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard that rants about misogyny in GTA 5 for half the review that's doing the review.

"Ranting about misogyny for half the review"? If you mean less than 30 seconds at the beginning and less than 30 seconds at the end, sure. Looks like it deserved to be mentioned, too. The GTA series hasn't had any strong female characters ever. That's really pretty sad and pathetic. One could hope that aspect would have changed by now. And all the developers can say in their defense is that "the concept of being masculine was so key to this story"... whatever the hell that means. Also, not sure why you think Carolyn Petit's voice is so annoying or why you feel the need to insult her.

In any case, I did pre-order the game and I put it in my PS3 just to do that giant mandatory install (annoying, I have a 120gb model and have already been forced to delete stuff to free up space before this), but I haven't actually played it and may not for a little while. I'm still busy playing Payday 2. My brother introduced me to it, and it's about as fun a co-op game as you'll find. In general there are too many FPSes out there, but this one is really something different. When you get four people together who really know what they're doing, it's a blast. It's also got a $40 price point (new) and there will be lots of DLC coming to add missions. Apparently they did it that way so they could release a month ahead of GTAV and not get lost in its shadow, an understandable move considering how popular the GTA series is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7KmCTEfLQ

I caved. Gonna be picking it up as long as I beat ME3 this weekend. Did you play last of us yet, AP? You really should.

I still haven't. I plan to eventually, but it's just not that high priority for me, since I didn't like the Uncharted games and all. But I actually have a friend who is friends with someone on the development team, so she basically feels like she has to play it... I will probably borrow her copy whenever she's done so I can play it for free.