What's new

Vitriolic Rhetoric in Wisconsin

They are taking away the unions' right to collective bargain. That is what makes it a union. So while they are not telling anyone they can't join a union, they are telling unions they can no longer be a union except in name only.

Wrong.

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." ~ Reagan

Wrong.

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." ~ Reagan
So wait, are you claiming they aren't taking away the unions' ability to collective bargain in Wisconsin?

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

What the hell is a union without a CBA?

The problem with the Reaganites is that they don't know what the hell they're talking about. They just copy and paste little cute quotes that have no application to the subjects at hand.

Millsapa, stop while you've only been humiliated by Salty. Another few pages of you getting your *** kicked will result in something worse than humiliation.

So wait, are you claiming they aren't taking away the unions' ability to collective bargain in Wisconsin?

Just with pensions (who in the private sector gets those anymore?) and benefits. They still have the ability to bargain for higher wages.

BTW, I pay taxes, but that doesn't mean I have to be a radical right wing nutjob bent on destroying the middle class.

Bent on destroying the middle class. Classic LOL. Step away from the ledge. A little less MSNBC... The middle class is shrinking, the sky is falling, and reptilians run the world.

Can you name a state where the only unions in operation at all are in the public sector? That is such BS.

I agree that nobody should be forced to join a union. But nobody should be prohibited either.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Yet another poster who gets hung up on one sentence and ignores the bulk of the post. If you can get past your blinders you will see that I was simply explaining that in some states union membership is required if a union is in place, in others it is a choice. There are states where so few unions are in operations that they only real union presence is in the public sector. So very sorry I didn't add the words "just about" to that sentence so you could move past it. I wasn't arguing that point, just adding some detail to the conversation.

Point is, union membership is dropping off nationwide and unions are doing all they can to lobby for laws more favorable for unions. And the majority of union members in america today are in public sector unions (not by a big margin, about 48% to 52% or something like that).

Sheesh, no wonder these threads get only 2 or 3 people participating. Franklin must just be a glutton for punishment.

Yet another poster who gets hung up on one sentence and ignores the bulk of the post. If you can get past your blinders you will see that I was simply explaining that in some states union membership is required if a union is in place, in others it is a choice. There are states where so few unions are in operations that they only real union presence is in the public sector. So very sorry I didn't add the words "just about" to that sentence so you could move past it. I wasn't arguing that point, just adding some detail to the conversation.

Point is, union membership is dropping off nationwide and unions are doing all they can to lobby for laws more favorable for unions. And the majority of union members in america today are in public sector unions (not by a big margin, about 48% to 52% or something like that).

Sheesh, no wonder these threads get only 2 or 3 people participating. Franklin must just be a glutton for punishment.
I'm wondering if you are being serious or just trying to be a jackass?

In case you missed it, I have said several times now that I agree- nobody should be forced to join a union.

Now, if I agree that nobody should be forced to join a union, it makes the rest of that long *** post of yours (the one where I singled out one line) pretty irrelevant to me.

I quoted and responded to the part that I disagreed with. You know, the part where you totally fabricated some crap about unions not existing in states that don't force people to join them.

BTW, this new modification that "most" of the union presence is in the public sector is also a bunch of bull. Not sure if you are just full of it or if you really don't know. Perhaps it's a little of both.

Go to just about any major construction site and you are likely to see plenty of union workers- no matter what state you are in. Go ask any telco worker if they are union, no matter which company or state. They probably are too (exception being the retail sales associates). I could go on and on, but my point is made.

LOL!

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate voted Wednesday night to strip nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers after discovering a way to bypass the chamber's missing Democrats.

LOL!

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate voted Wednesday night to strip nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers after discovering a way to bypass the chamber's missing Democrats.

Wait, didnt you make a claim in this thread that this is not what they wanted to do?