What's new

Wade “seriously concerned” about Mitchell’s desire to be in Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not just the mormon’s church’s past doctrine. You’re letting current people off with their obviously racist and alienating attitudes and rhetoric. Remember westbrook a few years ago? Hell, Ja Morant’s family couldn’t even watch a damn game without being harassed. True, I think many fans if not most fans aren’t racist. I think the Jazz’s organization as a whole, did a great job trying to make things right from that train wreck.

But you know what would be better?Preventing the train wreck from occurring in the first place. Which is what I see Mitchell trying to do right now. He’s trying to raise awareness to an issue that the legislature has seemed to turn a blind eye to.

If it helps this franchise wins championship and makes utah a better place? Then I support it. Sorry Utahns who think we’re perfect snd mitchell should just shut up and dribble, **** your feelings. Listen to the man
The correct move would be to go play for James Dolan who has showed full hesitancy to support what Donovan stands for vs Wade and Smith who have backed what he stands for right? Listen, if you’re choosing Dolan over Smith well……there’s not a lot of rationale there.

Womp womp.

Nature of the beast these days. Pretty sure 100% of teams with superstars are concerned about that star staying vs. forcing a team's hand to trade them and join a super team.

The org building the roster around Rudy had DL's stamp all over it, but IMO it's not the recipe for a championship contender in today's NBA. Pretty sure we'll be building around Donovan moving forward and heavily soliciting his input.

Not saying Rudy won't be part of the team. Just not the clear cornerstone we're making every decision around.

The instability in the franchise is very simple. It can be liked or not liked, essentially we have LeDonovan, who will have every need, want, and desire catered to. I still don’t think it’ll work.
If they can build an actual contender, cool, maybe it's enough to overlook being in Utah. If not, he'll ask out and they'll trade him. It's not that surprising or unusual, this is how being in a less desirable market works.

Which is so much fun! My favorite jazz teams were the ones between 2004-2006. Or the ones with Al Jefferson. Or the ones with hayward, Kanter, and Favors.

Not having a superstar and living in the lottery is so much fun!!! Yay!!!
Let's all cry about this rumor then. Point was that we have Mitchell until he's 30 and if he whines and is an unhappy diva we can trade him. I'd rather trade an unhappy player for assets than spend all our assets trading for an injury-prone point guard which we've succeeded in two of the past three times.

It’s not just the mormon’s church’s past doctrine. You’re letting current people off with their obviously racist and alienating attitudes and rhetoric. Remember westbrook a few years ago? Hell, Ja Morant’s family couldn’t even watch a damn game without being harassed. True, I think many fans if not most fans aren’t racist. I think the Jazz’s organization as a whole, did a great job trying to make things right from that train wreck.

But you know what would be better?Preventing the train wreck from occurring in the first place. Which is what I see Mitchell trying to do right now. He’s trying to raise awareness to an issue that the legislature has seemed to turn a blind eye to. Utahns aren’t as explicitly racist as other places. But you’re insanely naive if you don’t see the implicit bias and subtle racism so prevalent in our state right now. Maybe Mitchell could help point some blind spots out?

If it helps this franchise wins championship and makes utah a better place? Then I support it. Sorry Utahns who think we’re perfect snd mitchell should just shut up and dribble, **** your feelings. Listen to the man
Wow, I usually agree with most of the things you say. However, you are making a few assumptions about what I said. I was just addressing the fact that Utah is no different than other places. Racism is everywhere. I applaud DM for starting the discussion. I agree with you that it needs to start and I support whatever DM and the Jazz can do to have a discussion and make changes. I lived in Utah for 7 years off and on. So I have first hand experience that Utah is not perfect so do not include me in the group of people who are ignoring or down playing racism in Utah.

My ex brother-in-law is black he visited me in Utah, we worked out and he was showering and he came out shaking his head. I said, "what happened?" He said some guy asked him how him how he liked this country. My Brother in law was born n New York. Now this isn't hateful racism but it is racial ignorance which is abound in Utah. He played along with the guy and using an Jamacian accent he said. I like America a lot. It has been berry berry good to me. We had a good laugh but I ended shaking my head too. So we good.

Donovan is simply creating the narrative of “who could blame him” when he does ask for a trade.

We got Donovan until he's 30. It's going to be alright. And if he wants to leave we can trade him to the Knicks for a bunch of unprotected firsts that will all end up as lottery picks because... The Knicks.
We have Donovan until he’s 27. A trade request is coming 2 years from around this time. The player option that wasn’t a big deal is going to speed this up a lot.

So, honestly, by the time we are worried about Donovan leaving, the Jazz might also be worried about the viability of supermaxing Donovan if we have not gotten over the championship hump yet. Both sides might be ready to move on and to start the rebuild by then if we are still treadmill city. If we have won a championship and are still in contention, then Don likely stays. But if we haven’t been to the finals in the next two years, I’m not sure the Jazz aren’t also ready to trade rather than supermax Donny.

There are so many moving parts here that it is silly to worry at this point. We should all just be glad we get Donovan through most of his prime. A player like Don that relies so much on his elite athleticism will have his best years on this side of 30.

Last edited:
Donovan is simply creating the narrative of “who could blame him” when he does ask for a trade.

The narrative’s created itself, jackass. Racist fan incidents. A perhaps suspect training staff. A supporting cast who underwhelms when it matters. A state whose politics are back asswards. A population who has very few people who look like him.

Why the **** should he stay? If I’m a black man who’s endured these frustrations, I’d obviously rather go to a different market.

So, honestly, by the time we are worried about Donovan leaving, the Jazz might also be worried about the viability of supermaxing Donovan if we have not gotten over the championship hump yet. Both sides might be ready to move on and to start the rebuild by then if we are still treadmill city. If we have won a championship and are still in contention, then Don likely stays. But if we haven’t been to the finals in the next two years, I’m not sure the Jazz aren’t also ready to trade rather than supermax Donny.

There are so many moving parts here that it is silly to worry at this point. We should all just be glad we get Donovan through most of his prime. A player like Don that relies so much on his elite athleticism will have his best years on this side of 30.
One thing I’ll tell you and I’ve heard and know this is Ryan Smith really wants a 3rd Donovan contract and is going to try to do everything possible to make him happy. It won’t be a question, Smith will offer Donovan a super max if he qualifies for it and he’ll do it for multiple reasons. Ryan’s agenda isn’t just a winning Jazz team, it’s making Utah a better place and changing some narratives about Utah. Donovan signing a 3rd contract is significantly important to him.

The narrative’s created itself, jackass. Racist fan incidents. A perhaps suspect training staff. A supporting cast who underwhelms when it matters. A state whose politics are back asswards. A population who has very few people who look like him.

Why the **** should he stay? If I’m a black man who’s endured these frustrations, I’d obviously rather go to a different market.
And here’s the proof, it’s working, because if you think logically, he’s not escaping any of that simply going to James Dolan who doesn’t support his cause. All of you want to delusion that these issues are isolated to be the case, they aren’t. And he only highlights and pays attention to the negativity. He’s absolutely creating a narrative and your response is a perfect example that it is working.

And here’s the proof, it’s working, because if you think logically, he’s not escaping any of that simply going to James Dolan who doesn’t support his cause. All of you want to delusion that these issues are isolated to be the case, they aren’t. And he only highlights and pays attention to the negativity. He’s absolutely creating a narrative and your response is a perfect example that it is working.

Yes, Donovan, maybe the most positive and always-smiling guy in the league, only highlights and pays attention to the negative.

Seriously, you’re wrong. And a ****ing Moran.

Yes, Donovan, maybe the most positive and always-smiling guy in the league, only highlights and pays attention to the negative.

Seriously, you’re wrong. And a ****ing Moran.
In regards to Utah? Absolutely. I follow a lot of people on Twitter. The amount of people saying “hey we support and love you” outnumbers the idiots 10 to 1. Guess which post he liked? Negative garbage comments. He’s setting up the exit where everyone says “who could blame him”. And yeah, it’s working. He is that smart and PR savvy. And no, I’m Oneye, not Moran

In regards to Utah? Absolutely. I follow a lot of people on Twitter. The amount of people saying “hey we support and love you” outnumbers the idiots 10 to 1. Guess which post he liked? Negative garbage comments. He’s setting up the exit where everyone says “who could blame him”. And yeah, it’s working. He is that smart and PR savvy. And no, I’m Oneye, not Moran
I hear he has a folder of JazzFanz posts from a groupie-turned-starker-turned-fatal-attraction that he reads each night to get him through the next three years of his contract.

Seriously, though, maybe use your connection to Ryan Smith and blow up his phone with texts every day about all of your Donovan revelations. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he could use more information to synthesize. You'd be doing him -- and especially us -- a huge favor.

And here’s the proof, it’s working, because if you think logically, he’s not escaping any of that simply going to James Dolan who doesn’t support his cause.
Pretty sure New York beats Utah in "A state whose politics are back asswards." and "A population who has very few people who look like him.", although I agree he won't go to the Knicks.

Actually, I don't think he'll go anywhere, but if he does, more power to him.

Why is it always Rudy's fault when the most glaring problem was lack of adjustment and perimeter defense?
Maybe we should be more worried about Rudy wanting out.
Without Rudy's defense covering up for the poor coaching and lack of perimeter defense this team might not even make the post season.
I think it’s normal for fans to try and find the culprit of the blame however I think the biggest issue was injuries. I don’t believe it’s Rudy’s fault - I also noticed he seemed a bit hobbled that last game.

It’s not as sexy to say it’s injuries fault vs it’s so and so’s fault but if Conley was healthy I think we squeak out a win against LA. We still need another perimeter defender though

Royce Young said we are seeing a similar situation in Dallas with Luka. Teams will go to great lengths to keep their young stars happy while they are on a contract that the team is in control of. You need to cater to them but you can’t go too far and alienate them from the team. He thinks the Jazz are trying to find that sweet spot with Donovan right now.
Give me Luka for DM, at least I get some defense and not political grandstanding.

Seriously, I bet he even had the nerve to vote for a VP whos grandparents were slave traders in Jamaica. I'm white, I have frustrations too, I just don't blame everyone else for my problems.
well-bye-gif-5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.