What's new

Warriors and Jazz Mega Trade

Wtf is everyone freaking about. The more 2013 1st rounders the better.

The 21st pick netted us the 9th pick with our own this year.

Hahaha.. I'm starting to love this trade now that Bill Simmons is on board!!!!

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 1m
Utah taking on $25 million of salary clutter for 2 future 1st-rounders is a textbook "Suck For Wiggins" move. I thoroughly support it.

So, it's not all bad? I don't have to perform seppuku while precariously perched on the edge of a cliff?... 'No disassemble...?'

Not about what we gave up, its about having better uses for 24 million dollars.

Better to save that 24mil for the FA class of 2014 which includes a lot of studs than pissing it away this season on vets that will only take up minutes from our youth development. We also will be able to make a move @ the trade deadline as well

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 1m
Another shoe drops: Utah will indeed have to renounce its rights to Paul Millsap to make deal with Golden State, per source.

Ty Corbin comes from the Sloane school of thought... These new "veterans" will start a good portion of the season. Remember Keith McLeod started over D Will the first season.... Deron never forgot that.

So we just bought 2 first rounders for 24mil who will expire next year.

This trade is a win-win on both sides.

GSW '14 pick won't be worth much neither, especially next year when a lot of teams will be 'tanking'.

I think it'll probably end up being around the #21 pick again. According to DraftExpress we'll be getting Sam Dekker/Dario Saric.

Are those guys worth taking on those salaries???????

The more I look at this deal the more I like it. All 3 salaries come off the books at the end of this year, 2 first round picks (2014 and 2017) and it makes us worse and thereby increases our own draft pick in 2014. 2014 is a loaded draft. It guarantees no new bigs and we didn't send McNeal and create a PG opening. The youth have the team now.

All this for a guy that we didn't want anyways. I think Lindsey hit another homer.

Utah Jazz had to use its cap space no matter what. Would you guys have preferred they sign Paul Millsap, Mo Williams, and some other person for cap space instead and not get the picks?