What's new

We are 0-12 against top-3 teams in the West (GSW, SAS & OKC). Does it matter if we make playoff?

couscous

I would rather just start resting guys and get a higher pick than go through a meaningless 0-4 sweep.

At this point this team is a .500 team and we can be more if we have a go-to scorer, and Hayward is not a #1 option kinda guy.

I would be willing to swap Gobert + stuff to get the 2nd overall pick for Brandon Ingram, he would be great one-two combo with Favors.

I would rather just start resting guys and get a higher pick than go through a meaningless 0-4 sweep.

At this point this team is a .500 team and we can be more if we have a go-to scorer, and Hayward is not a #1 option kinda guy.

I would be willing to swap Gobert + stuff to get the 2nd overall pick for Brandon Ingram, he would be great one-two combo with Favors.
You're one of my least favorite posters

Um... what? You're a young team that needs experience.. what the hell are you talking about?

Playoff experience does matter...but I have bad memories of our last playoff visit and how well that benefited the team

Playoff experience does matter...but I have bad memories of our last playoff visit and how well that benefited the team

Same here I remember that far too well. Okay I am frustrated and angry after tonight loss and a little drunk, but hell I just feel like the front office will use these "at least we got the 8th seed" instead of focusing on really contending by making bold moves. The west top 3 teams ain't going nowhere, OKC still got young KD/Westbrook, Spurs is refreshed with LMA/Kawhi and Warriors just got started .. and we still searching for our #1 option, let's fix that first, how about that!? no more false gold with these fighting 8th seed business and giving FO the excuses to say "we did our job" just like they did with those horrible Corbs years!!!

Same here I remember that far too well. Okay I am frustrated and angry after tonight loss and a little drunk, but hell I just feel like the front office will use these "at least we got the 8th seed" instead of focusing on really contending by making bold moves. The west top 3 teams ain't going nowhere, OKC still got young KD/Westbrook, Spurs is refreshed with LMA/Kawhi and Warriors just got started .. and we still searching for our #1 option, let's fix that first, how about that!? no more false gold with these fighting 8th seed business and giving FO the excuses to say "we did our job" just like they did with those horrible Corbs years!!!

Certainly a good point here, the problem with guest teams is the FO 90% of the time.

That's a funny story OP, I was just talking to my mom about this and I said that I would rather just start resting guys and get a higher pick than go through a meaningless 0-4 sweep.

And she told me to straight kill myself.

At this point four playoff games helps our team far more than moving up two spots in the draft. Depending on the draft is what a rebuilding team needs. We are past that now. We are a team that needs experience, not rookies.

At this point four playoff games helps our team far more than moving up two spots in the draft. Depending on the draft is what a rebuilding team needs. We are past that now. We are a team that needs experience, not rookies.

You say that, but then you look at past drafts when we got Alec Burks instead of Klay Thompson because he was picked one spot higher.

Obviously it's all hindsight in the end and impossible to tell. I want to make the playoffs, but you never really know if that extra spot or two is the difference between getting an injury prone 6th man or one of the greatest shooters of all time.

You say that, but then you look at past drafts when we got Alec Burks instead of Klay Thompson because he was picked one spot higher.

Obviously it's all hindsight in the end and impossible to tell. I want to make the playoffs, but you never really know if that extra spot or two is the difference between getting an injury prone 6th man or one of the greatest shooters of all time.

Exactly why you need to push your young team to the playoff experience instead of tanking. Tanking is fooling yourself.

Certainly a good point here, the problem with guest teams is the FO 90% of the time.
I keep seeing you use this term. What is a guest team?

Dennis Lindsey drafts better the later the pick is.

Or maybe we would have drafted jimmer instead of Burks.

It'd be trivial to start tanking now.. Lets say they lose every single game left, who can they possibly pass in the 'tank rankings'?

3 teams The Mavs, Bulls and Wizards..

Unless the hope is to hit the lowest chance for the #1 pick in the history of the lottery, there's little value in missing the playoffs for Utah..

To me the most interesting part of a potential playoff series is - What is Hayward going to do? Are we going to see the Hayward from that OT last night, or the one the one that closed the 4th Q with a huge 3 and steal??

A big series for Hayward would really lessen my concerns about overpaying him if he were to opt out next season,i'td really set the stage for hm going into a contract year.. A ****ty one where they get blown out, and Hayward shoots poorly, could be eye opening too.. Is he a big-game player??

Everyone remembers that shot he almost made in the National championship game, he shot 2-11 in that game though, in a 2 point loss..

Plus we've got all this young talent, would be an accomplishment to see them finish over .500 and make the playoffs considering all the injuries this year. I don't mind seeing the youngins/ low-paid players play for some more game checks. Even in a losing effort we might see a performance like Derrick Favors vs the Spurs years back.

To me the most interesting part of a potential playoff series is - What is Hayward going to do? Are we going to see the Hayward from that OT last night, or the one the one that closed the 4th Q with a huge 3 and steal?

He cosed the 4th by dribbling it off his foot out of bounds and subsequently deferring with mere seconds left to a guy who's a 2nd or 3rd strong point guard.

He cosed the 4th by dribbling it off his foot out of bounds and subsequently deferring with mere seconds left to a guy who's a 2nd or 3rd strong point guard.

But how much good did he do otherwise ?

We just need to win the easy ones and we will get in. Dallas is toast those geezers have nothing left in the tank, serves them right for picking up other team's has beens.

Also dropped a gamewinner on the road against a team tied with us in playoff seeding right now, therefore setting us up to tie them later this season & therefore make the playoffs.