What's new

We can now legitimately reflect on Tony Bradley...

Tony seems like a positive contributor offensively, so he could be an acceptable backup if he can get his dense to just slightly negative (instead of the current disaster).

He has two problems defensively: 1) he is slow recognizing what is going on, and 2) he is physically slow. I can't think of an NBA rotation player that is both of these. I doubt he is going to get physically faster, so his only hope is to improve his mental reaction time. The good news is that actual NBA minutes is the best way to improve. Overall, I don't think TB is a deserving rotation player this year, but by the end of his rookie contract I expect he will be.

Watching TB makes me appreciate even more Sloan getting the playoff win over Denver while starting Fesenko.

Personally I think that the slow reaction time rap is overblown. He's very good on the offensive glass and to make a tip-in or an offensive board in the midst of enemy troops requires quick reactions. He just needs to learn to play D.

I’m not questioning the pick at the time it was made. Or even questioning sticking with TB up to this point. But I am opening doubting the wisdom of sticking with him beyond this point when someone like Udoh could fit right in from day one and stabilize the position going forward.
Udoh didn't want to be 3rd center, that's why he left. And I don't think it's quite possible to bring someone better than TB and move Ed or whoever we brought to 3rd center. There would be an unnecessary logjam. It's not a risk we should take with Ed returning in 2 weeks.

Udoh didn't want to be 3rd center, that's why he left. And I don't think it's quite possible to bring someone better than TB and move Ed or whoever we brought to 3rd center. There would be an unnecessary logjam. It's not a risk we should take with Ed returning in 2 weeks.
>>Possibly returning in two weeks
>>Udoh might want out of China due to changes over there
>>Has there been confirmation he didn’t want 3rd string job?
>>We don’t need someone with a higher ceiling, or who is better overall. We need someone who won’t bleed the defense to death when he’s on the floor.

Udoh was a perfect depth piece and was under-appreciated here. I hope he comes back.

>>Possibly returning in two weeks
>>Udoh might want out of China due to changes over there
>>Has there been confirmation he didn’t want 3rd string job?
>>We don’t need someone with a higher ceiling, or who is better overall. We need someone who won’t bleed the defense to death when he’s on the floor.

That seems like something only the FO knows. That's the timeline they gave us.

I don't think we are Udoh's first choice. He may go back to Europe if he returns.

I remember reading about it. Can't find a source now.

And who is this person. I don't think he is the sole reason we bleed points. We may be used to Gobert too much.

Jeff Green at C during Gobert’s first rest against Minnesota.

Last edited: