What's new

We Got Swindled by Sexton (And Eddie Zero Sucks)

How has Mr. Lavine done in the playoffs? How's his health? How's his defense?
I am a loser
So after comparing them in the first 4 seasons of each players career is where the similarities could end. The point you clearly continue to ignore with intention, to make your pathetic case i guess, is that Sexton has a similar career arc, to a max player , but is on a discount.

So after comparing them in the first 4 seasons of each players career is where the similarities could end. The point you clearly continue to ignore with intention, to make your pathetic case i guess, is that Sexton has a similar career arc, to a max player , but is on a discount.
You are butthurt I don't like the kind of player you like

Sexton was over 40% on his catch and shoot type shots coming into this season which included 3 pt shooting in that total. Not too worried about his shooting. He shot 7/11 last night. He has a nice little mid range shot too.

Jazz are obviously working on other issues with him. I heard they are making him wear special glasses after practice and they are shooting light beams at his eyes while he has the ball in his hands. Trying to teach him to make better decisions with the ball in his hands. They are doing special development drills with THT and Kessler too treating them all basically as rookies. They are all between age 21-23 so obviously young enough to be developed so they are putting in the time. You can see that neither THT or Sexton got coached up much in LA or Cleveland. They all have some physical gifts (THT-wingspan, Sexton-speed, Kessler-size/shotblocking). With the draft warchest this team has acquired it's fairly obvious they are in the player development game the next few years.

Sexton was over 40% on his catch and shoot type shots coming into this season which included 3 pt shooting in that total. Not too worried about his shooting. He shot 7/11 last night. He has a nice little mid range shot too.

Jazz are obviously working on other issues with him. I heard they are making him wear special glasses after practice and they are shooting light beams at his eyes while he has the ball in his hands. Trying to teach him to make better decisions with the ball in his hands. They are doing special development drills with THT and Kessler too treating them all basically as rookies. They are all between age 21-23 so obviously young enough to be developed so they are putting in the time. You can see that neither THT or Sexton got coached up much in LA or Cleveland. They all have some physical gifts (THT-wingspan, Sexton-speed, Kessler-size/shotblocking). With the draft warchest this team has acquired it's fairly obvious they are in the player development game the next few years.
Light beams? Are they from jewish space lasers by chance?

Sexton was so fun to watch last night. I just love his passion, intensity and aggression. Yes, he occasionally lacks vision and seeing the whole court and makes the unforced TO or forces the action a little too much ISO. But I will take the bad with the good. I would much rather live with these flaws than pump up a player to care and give a damn on the court.

I will take Sexton on my team any day.

Sexton was so fun to watch last night. I just love his passion, intensity and aggression. Yes, he occasionally lacks vision and seeing the whole court and makes the unforced TO or forces the action a little too much ISO. But I will take the bad with the good. I would much rather live with these flaws than pump up a player to care and give a damn on the court.

I will take Sexton on my team any day.
He’s like a little kid sometimes (I’m the fun way). I’m always saying why doesn’t someone just got jump on the ball when they do the walk the dog thing up the court. Sexton was like “yolo… I’m getting in there!!!”. It wasn’t like the smartest play ever but why not.

He’s just fun and he’s figuring out some of his weaknesses. It’s wild how critical some of the posters are of his game. He’s efficient as a scorer and trying on defense… maybe just enjoy him even though he’s not perfect.

We may owe Colin some money.
His contract now is far more movable than he was before he signed to be traded on the same salary. Danny knew he would put the work in imo. They very well could have planned on shopping him if JC and Mike had not been playing so well. I think it is obvious, Sexton is on a org favorable contract keep or trade really. I would like to see him get back to 100% which he isn't imo

Zach Lavine has clear gifts and can score but he's an all time low IQ dumbass basketball player who hasn't ever been a winning type player.
Yep and he was pretty terrible in his one playoff series of his career last season couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Sexton has largely been a far more effective crunch time clutch moment player. Hopefully that continues to be the case should the jazz make the play in this season, because their numbers in the regular season when Lavine is good, are very comparable.
I agree Lavine tries to do too much and Sexton has done that too in previous seasons. I don't agree either are low IQ because of it though, thats just a easy excuse to use to explain losses.
The same kinds of high usage ability is found in many of the leagues highest iq players. Difference is consistently overcoming the odds. I take Sexton over Lavine on that dept/.