What's new

We lost a year - but JAZZFANZ ARE PATIENT>

jazzfan1132

Be honest, best case scenario we are 8th or 7th seed. That means GS or SAS in first round exit from the PLAY OFFS.
Personally i want UT to not make Play offs and have better a chance for Draft.

BUT WE ARE PATIENT - DON'T WE.

2016 year we are about WEST FINALS AGAIN.

see YOU THERE.

Be honest, best case scenario we are 8th or 7th seed. That means GS or SAS in first round exit from the PLAY OFFS.

BUT WE ARE PATIENT - DON'T WE.

2016 year we are about WEST FINALS AGAIN.

see YOU THERE.

David Locke says there are some analytics out there projecting us as 5th seed!

Personally I want UT to get the 6th seed and knock OK City out of the playoffs.

We should miss the playoffs so we can draft 10th or 11th instead of 15th or 16th? I'd rather have the guys see what playoff basketball is like. Put them against the champs and they get to see what they are made of.

Personally I want UT to get the 6th seed and knock OK City out of the playoffs.
Agreed- this is a better matchup for us, than say get 7th and face Spurs, or 8th Warriors- even with Gobert out we've hung in at 8th, I can see us getting 6th but at least 7th, young guys would learn a bunch from playoff ball

Lmfao.

So without Exum and missing Gobert for 6ish weeks we are still going to make the 7th or 8th seed like we were cheering for to start the season?

That our core is learning what it takes to make the playoffs. That we are finding out that Burke and Butks can be effective parts of this team. That Favors is once again taking a major step forward. That Snyder continues to develop as well.

Yup, wasted year. Clearly.

I can't wait till Gobert is back and the Jazz go on a tear thru the end of January.

Lots of egg and crow will be passed around.

I think the Jazz have the ability to not only get to the playoffs but surprise if not eliminate one of the higher seeds as long as we are healthy. So much doom and gloom being posted and yet we are missing two very important starters and are still in the playoff picture. Have faith people, seriously. We might not win a championship this season but we aren't exactly cellar dwellers either. This team on most nights is competitive with the upper echolon of the NBA when healthy.

If we somehow got to the 5th seed, I think we could push the Clippers to 6 or even 7 games. Their bench sucks. They're hardly even playing Pierce and Josh Smith.

Anybody upset about this year had weird expectations. We are one of the youngest teams in the league, starting 2 rookies, the least experienced for sure given that we have two relatively old rookies, Exum and Gobert are out. Toughest schedule.

Yet we've knocked off some good teams, Sagarin has us ranked 6th in the West, players are obviously developing. Great esprit d'corps and culture.

Must have to work really hard to be pessimistic. Or simply have complete "win now or all is lost" myopia.

If I had predicted in the preseason that the battle for seeds 5-8 would likely be a battle between Memphis, Dallas, Houston and Utah, I bet many would have called this crazy. But more and more, this is looking to be the case.

If I had predicted in the preseason that the battle for seeds 5-8 would likely be a battle between Memphis, Dallas, Houston and Utah, I bet many would have called this crazy. But more and more, this is looking to be the case.

Umm, no. It wasn't rocket science to look at rosters and the performance of the teams last season and rank the 3 best teams GSW, SA and OKC. I would have put the Clippers 4th and said Houston and Memphis would battle for 5th and 6th. Then I had Dallas, Utah and New Orleans battling for the last two playoff spots.

Dallas has surprised a bit, IMO. And obviously, NO got slammed by injuries. Nothing outside of what was expected in the WC. Personally, I also thought the TWolves could challenge for the 8th seed. I was wrong on that one. They could be scary good with another lottery pick and a couple of decent free agents to help their bench.

Umm, no. It wasn't rocket science to look at rosters and the performance of the teams last season and rank the 3 best teams GSW, SA and OKC. I would have put the Clippers 4th and said Houston and Memphis would battle for 5th and 6th. Then I had Dallas, Utah and New Orleans battling for the last two playoff spots.

Dallas has surprised a bit, IMO. And obviously, NO got slammed by injuries. Nothing outside of what was expected in the WC. Personally, I also thought the TWolves could challenge for the 8th seed. I was wrong on that one. They could be scary good with another lottery pick and a couple of decent free agents to help their bench.

Nice list of things outside what was expected along with the cognitive dissonance statement "nothing outside what was expected"

My point was that the Jazz have a reasonable shot at 5th seed given favorable schedule. I doubt this was in many pre-season forecasts, including yours.

Certainly didnt lose a year. Ask Favors, Gordon, Trey, many others if they feel they didnt learn or get better so far this year.
Any time members of our core are getting better and gaining experience, the Jazz win in the long run.
7th or 8th seed all the way!!!!

My scenario was 6th seed and championship but injuries struck so this scenario is better in action next year or so. It does not count if you don't have Rudy, Exum, Alec etc.