What's new

We must not listen big mike

Can't catch a break with you, can I, @Maneesh?

Credible info has been spotty at best, but I believe the following to be true:

1) FO doesn't give a **** about making the play-in game
2) Tanking to get back into the top 10/keep the 2024 pick is unrealistic
3) Moving vets with remaining value to contenders in exchange for draft capital/future pieces remains the priority

Players I expect could get traded, in order:

1) JC
2) THT
3) Tecc
4) KO
5) Sexton

Personally, I have a hard time seeing first-round value - even future/protected - for any of the first four so I wouldn't be surprised if we completely stood pat. I further believe we would be crazy to trade Collin Sexton.

Can't catch a break with you, can I, @Maneesh?

Credible info has been spotty at best, but I believe the following to be true:

1) FO doesn't give a **** about making the play-in game
2) Tanking to get back into the top 10/keep the 2024 pick is unrealistic
3) Moving vets with remaining value to contenders in exchange for draft capital/future pieces remains the priority

Players I expect could get traded, in order:

1) JC
2) THT
3) Tecc
4) KO
5) Sexton

Personally, I have a hard time seeing first-round value - even future/protected - for any of the first four so I wouldn't be surprised if we completely stood pat. I further believe we would be crazy to trade Collin Sexton.

I bet JC could net a protected 1st, especially if the Jazz take back some unwanted salary (e.g., Fournier). Olynyk is basically like prime Dario Saric, who has been traded a few times, so you can see what that market is like.

I don't think it would be too difficult for the Jazz to get a pick in this '24 draft. I think a fair number of those picks will go on the market. That's partly why I think it would be no big deal to convey the pick they owe OKC.

I bet JC could net a protected 1st, especially if the Jazz take back some unwanted salary (e.g., Fournier). Olynyk is basically like prime Dario Saric, who has been traded a few times, so you can see what that market is like.

I don't think it would be too difficult for the Jazz to get a pick in this '24 draft. I think a fair number of those picks will go on the market. That's partly why I think it would be no big deal to convey the pick they owe OKC.

You could be right and I hope I’m wrong RE: FRP value from anyone but Sexton.

DA is clearly gifted at maximizing return value via trade. And perhaps teams are proactively valuing ‘24 picks at a discount.

You could be right and I hope I’m wrong RE: FRP value from anyone but Sexton.

DA is clearly gifted at maximizing return value via trade. And perhaps teams are proactively valuing ‘24 picks at a discount.

See if NYK moves the Dallas pick. That should come in around 16 - 18 this year.