What's new

We need another wing. Who? How do we acquire him?

NAOS

This is probably the biggest question left this offseason.

Do we get one through the draft? Do we sign a free agent?

Ideas?

Probably a Jared Dudley or Solomon Hill type. Someone who will produce but at the same time is fine getting paid to be the 4th wing.

Dudley be a real nice pickup for the Jazz. Good character guy, Can hit open jumpers and be the Vet that the Jazz really truly need badly.

I still want to see Rudy gay on the jazz. My dream scenario now is the jazz trading back into the first round for poeltl and a wing, and trading burks for Gay.

Not very realistic and I have no idea what wing they would draft.

I'd also be fine with thon maker.

I like the Rudy Gay concept, but I'm not sure what we'd have to give up to make it happen. I think we may be looking at Joe Ingles until further notice.

Actually, I think George Hill becomes the 4th wing. He can guard 2s and shoot 3s. This is one of the reasons why he's such a good fit for the Jazz.

Actually, I think George Hill becomes the 4th wing. He can guard 2s and shoot 3s. This is one of the reasons why he's such a good fit for the Jazz.

This is how I interpreted the fit as well. Hill gives the Jazz an opportunity to play some small (position wise) lineups. I'm not sure if the Jazz add another wing in FA, at least not on a long-term deal. I'd expect a lesser known player like James Ennis or someone like that.

The Jazz expect Exum to be the starter at PG come Jan/Feb. At that point, I'd bet they think they can roll Hill over to the wing position and have Mack play backup PG.

Or, Burks being healthy will be our other wing. That line seems to work well around here.

Dudley was the first name to come to my mind, due to the recent buzz. Probably a decent move depending on $$ and length of contract. But, personally, I'd rather take a flyer on somebody who won't clog our cap space in 2018.

I think we can and should do better than Ingles, though.

Wait til FA dust settles and grab whoever is left that is 6'6 or taller and can play defense.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

We need to get back into the first round to draft our wing. We don't have the finances to sign somebody for the length they are gonna want. We need a rookie deal...

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

Get Bembry, Prince or Luwawu. Any of those 3 can play behind Hayward and Jingles at SF. I also think Prince could play some small 4 at times.

KFC has wings.
I can't believe you mention KFC wings. Shame on you. Idiot. Buffalo Wild Wings is so much better. And I would rather have our grocery store wings over paying too much for KFC wings.

Sorry, that's my best "attacking forum douche" impersonation mimicking some of those lurking around here....

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz are in a position to rock this offseason, hard.

Traded the 12th pick for Hill
Sign Dudley and move Ingles to 3rd SF
Trade up into late first rounder and nab another Hood/Gobert level steal. (we have some players and tons of picks to do so, Thon Maker anyone?

Gobert/Maker/Pleiss
Favors/Lyles
Hayward/Dudley/Ingles
Hood/Burks/Johnson
Exum/Hill/(Mack/Neto)

So if something similar to this happened how would those wanting DL to make moves and push this team feel? [MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION]