What's new

We needed a knock down shooter asap...

and we got him. Allen is a 38% 3 point shooter and 83% at the free throw. We needed someone that could step in and contribute right away and we got him. You can't say "BUT WHAT ABOUT HUERTERWRERE AND DONTE DIVNAODIAVNASIDV!!!!!" Well, they were gone so shut up. The Jazz staff have obviously been watching his game for quite some time and didn't just pick someone just to piss people off.

Allen will be great. Calm down
I thought Ingles was a knock down shooter.

38% from college 3 is actually not that impressive... He's streaky at best. Shooting 41% overall this year, and 39% last year. Definitely a long way from being a reliable shooter at the next level. Kid's got some serious work ahead

Wut? It is impressive. That 38% was on 5.4 attempts per game. He shot 37% on 7.5 three point attempts per game last year. Those are great percentages for the volume. He's a good shooter

Wut? It is impressive. That 38% was on 5.4 attempts per game. He shot 37% on 7.5 three point attempts per game last year. Those are great percentages for the volume. He's a good shooter
Not to mention that at least half his shots are either beyond NBA range or coming off a curl or off the dribble. Succeeding in 3 on 3 games is important because the more open game favors athletes. Donovan credits part of his NBA success to the more open spacing of the NBA. Allen with his athleticism and agility will also benefit. I think he'll be able to get to the basket easier than he did in college.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don’t have a strong opinion on Allen, I just wish we found a way to take another opportunity to find someone with a skill set that’s a desperate need for us at this time (Spellman or KBD), which I think will be hard to find in FA.

Do we even have a roster spot for a second round pick? I guess we could have had him play for the Stars. Right now our "varsity" roster is filled up if we bring back Exum and Favors which is what the Jazz front office said they wanted to do. So if they bring everyone back: we have one spot open so yea I guess they could keep a second round pick but that empty spot could be used when doing a trade.

Rubio /Exum
Donovan/ Allen/Burks
Ingles /Oneile/Thabo
Favors /Crowder/Jereko
Gobert /Udoh/Bradley

Last edited:
A couple of people that passed through here that seemed to fit that description were Kevin Murphy and Brock Motum. Coach didn't seem to like either one.

Yup. Solid shooter? Yes. Knock down? Nope. Therer were 40%+ guys available, but Allen is awesome at 3 on 3, has amazing handpads and isx great shooting against a chair, so here we are.

But i'm giving him a chance. Just tempering expectations.
Really giving him a chance, you seem to still be arguing against him. My expectations are pretty low considering that most 21st picks don't light up the league.

Yup. Solid shooter? Yes. Knock down? Nope. Therer were 40%+ guys available, but Allen is awesome at 3 on 3, has amazing handpads and isx great shooting against a chair, so here we are.

But i'm giving him a chance. Just tempering expectations.

Ok. But how did those 40% shooters measure against Allen on passing, ball handling, D, rebounding for their position, hustle on 50/50 balls, coachability, passion, ability to play more than 1 position...

Jazz from the start have made this about more than him being a shooter.

I don’t know much about Allen and markedly less about these other guys. But at this point I trust this FO to bring in the right guys for this team.

Not to mention that at least half his shots are either beyond NBA range or coming off a curl or off the dribble. Succeeding in 3 on 3 games is important because the more open game favors athletes. Donovan credits part of his NBA success to the more open spacing of the NBA. Allen with his athleticism and agility will also benefit. I think he'll be able to get to the basket easier than he did in college.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
And so will the people he's defending apparently.

Ok. But how did those 40% shooters measure against Allen on passing, ball handling, D, rebounding for their position, hustle on 50/50 balls, coachability, passion, ability to play more than 1 position...

Jazz from the start have made this about more than him being a shooter.

I don’t know much about Allen and markedly less about these other guys. But at this point I trust this FO to bring in the right guys for this team.

Well, he's u underwhelming in most of those areas- particularly defense, playing more than 1 position, rebounding his position, ball handling- and don't confuse tripping people and not being able to control yourself for passion.

Allen's best attribute is his ability to get shots off with little space. Let's hope those shots go in atv the nba level.

Well, he's u underwhelming in most of those areas- particularly defense, playing more than 1 position, rebounding his position, ball handling- and don't confuse tripping people and not being able to control yourself for passion.

Allen's best attribute is his ability to get shots off with little space. Let's hope those shots go in atv the nba level.

I consider him winning most 50/50 balls, his excitement and work ethic to be signs of his passion. He is also given props for his passing and ball handling by analysts and our FO. He’s also frequently talked about being able to play both guard positions.

I’m excited for him and I’m mostly excited to see what our coaches can do with him.