What's new

We should keep Malik Beasley

zyzz

Anyone else think we should keep Malik Beasley til at least the deadline? Guy is one of the premier volume 3 point shooters in the league. He averaged 44% from 3 on 12 attempts per 36 minutes last year from February on. He started off cold shooting 35% from 3 because he was in jail or house arrest I can’t remember during the off-season.

He could average over 20ppg as tank commander and fetch a nice asset at the trade deadline. Or if you want to retool for some reason, you’d have one of the best volume 3 point shooters in the league. I just wouldn’t ship him out before the season starts.

Thoughts?

why wouldn't the jazz keep him? i expect them to keep all the players they got in the gobert trade, at least for now.

why wouldn't the jazz keep him? i expect them to keep all the players they got in the gobert trade, at least for now.
The Jazz currently have 5 rotation guards: DM, Conley, Clarkson, PatBev and Beasley. Unless you think you can play 3 of these guys at the same time, there are only 96 minutes to split among them. So...the Jazz pretty much have to trade or buy out at least one of their guards.

The Jazz currently have 5 rotation guards: DM, Conley, Clarkson, PatBev and Beasley. Unless you think you can play 3 of these guys at the same time, there are only 96 minutes to split among them. So...the Jazz pretty much have to trade or buy out at least one of their guards.
Ainge will find a way to jettison conley. the others will all start the season on the team - unless he has to include one in the conley deal.

Anyone else think we should keep Malik Beasley til at least the deadline? Guy is one of the premier volume 3 point shooters in the league. He averaged 44% from 3 on 12 attempts per 36 minutes last year from February on. He started off cold shooting 35% from 3 because he was in jail or house arrest I can’t remember during the off-season.

He could average over 20ppg as tank commander and fetch a nice asset at the trade deadline. Or if you want to retool for some reason, you’d have one of the best volume 3 point shooters in the league. I just wouldn’t ship him out before the season starts.

Thoughts?
And Beverly. Tough dudes this team needed. Tougher than jae crowder

Isn't he like ***** defensively? I guess for the tank, that's good.

I don’t see how we keep Beasley, Clarkson, Beverley, and Conley. At least one of those dudes has to go. Honestly, I think two need to go for some wings.

It's too soon to say. We don't know if this is a retool with the intent to be competitive, or a full on tank. Depending on what the timeline is,
you may want to get a pick out of him or not. He also doesn't seem to overlap with anyone but Clarkson, but it is a crowded backcourt.
Personally, I say give him 30 games to start next to DM and see what it looks like.

What exactly were his off the court issues? If it involves domestic violence I'd just as soon get rid of him.
Pulled a gun on a family member, I don't remember if it was close family or relatives but iirc, they confiscated more guns from his house.

Edit: I was pretty sure it was his own family but I was wrong. I may have mistakenly assumed it when I have read "family" in the articles or it could have been reported that way in the first stages. Not that it matters much.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
A recent article I read has him starting alongside Mitchell and getting around 30 minutes a game. Then we see if we want to pick up that final year next year. Sounds about right to me.

People have to remember that his career was sideswiped after he committed that felony in Minny did a few months and returned. New beginning, in his prime and a contract year - I expect big things!

Last edited:
Pulled a gun on a family member, I don't remember if it was close family or relatives but iirc, they confiscated more guns from his house.

Edit: I was pretty sure it was his own family but I was wrong. I may have mistakenly assumed it when I have read "family" in the articles or it could have been reported that way in the first stages. Not that it matters much.
No, I think he just pulled gun on someone who was parked in front of a neighbor's house or something. It was just random people. Dude was probably paranoid about something I would assume.

Also one of those things, you know white people do this **** all the time on black people and they don't go to jail for it.

No, I think he just pulled gun on someone who was parked in front of a neighbor's house or something. It was just random people. Dude was probably paranoid about something I would assume.

Also one of those things, you know white people do this **** all the time on black people and they don't go to jail for it.
Read the article.

What he did wasn't cool, but he did his time, paid his fines and is allowed to continue his life and career.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Nah, that can't be true...

_114088607_4134eab6-8c47-491b-9969-589fd046adb4.jpg

Yeah, I am not really sure why I remember it that way. I edited my post.

If the roles were reversed, the police would still arrest Beasley. Doesn't make it right to pull guns, though.

I remember Jaxson Hayes getting tasered and police putting a knee on him.

Last edited:

This article suggests that marijuana possession and concealing stolen property were also involved.