What's new

We should keep Malik Beasley

Was there another beasley that was also a headcase (and pothead iirc) that was like a small forward/power forward? I think he played for the heat or something?

Was there another beasley that was also a headcase (and pothead iirc) that was like a small forward/power forward? I think he played for the heat or something?
JoyfulLittleAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

The dude shot under 40% from the field last season. If we can get anything halfway decent for him, trade him.

The dude shot under 40% from the field last season. If we can get anything halfway decent for him, trade him.
From what I understand he had the Donovan special where he shot terrible at the first of the year and came on strong after the break. I don't think the straight out of county lockup stats are the baseline for him. Other than that period he has been pretty solid, on offense at least. . .

Despite his checkered past (one atoned for transgression really) I really believe that this kid can be special on the basketball court. In watching highlights you can see that: a) his teammates trust and respect him (by when and where he gets the ball); b) he has a really nice combination of strength and quickness (can finish at the rim in a variety of ways); c) athletic and explosive similar to Don in some ways (oops at the rim); d) quickest release I’ve seen south of Steph Curry (effortless looking three stroke). Although his defensive rating is subpar, it’s not like he isn’t capable (can and should improve under Hardy if Boston is any indication.

yeah i don't care about any of the other guys we got. But i'm really keen to see this guy pan out, i reckon he's got the goods. If his head is screwed on right he might be a super pickup

I’m excited about seeing Beasley and Vanderbilt, here for a season of Pat Bev, really unsure on Kessler, and super “meh” on Bolmaro (yay…. we now have the two worst FRPs from the 2020 draft..)

TS% was a below average, but not terrible 54% (this is higher than donovan's his first and second seasons in the league. the prior season, he was at 44% and 39% from 3- TS% of 57%. so he can shoot. a change of scenery may get him back to those above average numbers. still pretty young.

I do t think he’s a long-term piece, and as such, they should look to move him. They need to build assets anyway they can. Flipping Beasley towards the deadline seems like an easy way to help that cause.

meh, he was a really good rotation piece for a 54 win denver team in 2018-19. 11 ppg, 47% FGs, 40% 3pt, playing 23 mpg as a 22 yo.

And he followed that up by averaging 8 points on 39% shooting and got his *** traded mid season.

Can he be an OK rotation piece on a playoff team, sure.

He is not a starter on a playoff team. He's going to get heavily exposed defensively playing next to Mitchell (if he starts).

Hopefully he puts up something like 15 shots per game and he has a career year and the Jazz can deal him.

Might be worth keeping. He’s young enough and a good shooter but won’t win us any games. He’s a marginal ceiling raiser which matters when you’re great and doesn’t matter at all when you suck.

Also a good candidate to rehab and trade. But I’m not necessarily gunning for that.

Pat Bev on the other hand needs to be traded before the season.

Might be worth keeping. He’s young enough and a good shooter but won’t win us any games. He’s a marginal ceiling raiser which matters when you’re great and doesn’t matter at all when you suck.

Also a good candidate to rehab and trade. But I’m not necessarily gunning for that.

Pat Bev on the other hand needs to be traded before the season.
Hopefully the Jazz can do for Beasley what they did for Clarkson, but I would imagine Hardy is going to put more of a fist down on the overreliance on chuckers dominating the offense.