What's new

We Shouldn't Trade Bojan

It’s time to move Bojan Bogdanovic to a team like the New York Knicks if it happens.. to get Cam Reddish and Evan Fournier if they can get a 1st round picks. You got start adding younger and more athletic players to surround with Donovan. If they can used the trade exception they should go after Jalen Johnson from the Atlanta Hawks

You keep Bojan if you think there is even an outside chance of contending. In my estimation we are at least two key players away from that chance. What two pieces are we adding to make that a reality?

You keep Bojan if you think there is even an outside chance of contending. In my estimation we are at least two key players away from that chance. What two pieces are we adding to make that a reality?
If Don stays, so much hinges on Mike Conley. Can we trade him for value? If we can't, we might have to trade Clarkson for value. If we can't, then we might have to trade Beasley. From there, we have Bojan.

Our entire offseason post the Rudy trade comes down to Mike Conley. Can he fetch us help?

If Don stays, so much hinges on Mike Conley. Can we trade him for value? If we can't, we might have to trade Clarkson for value. If we can't, then we might have to trade Beasley. From there, we have Bojan.

Our entire offseason post the Rudy trade comes down to Mike Conley. Can he fetch us help?
I think the answer to that is no, and a definite no on netting us two key players.

If the thing youre worried about is help immediately, just keep Mike Conley. He'd be one of the best 6th man in the NBA.

Conley impacts winning much more than Bogey. Bogey is the best player to trade as he probably has the bigger market.

If the thing youre worried about is help immediately, just keep Mike Conley. He'd be one of the best 6th man in the NBA.

Conley impacts winning much more than Bogey. Bogey is the best player to trade as he probably has the bigger market.
We currently have an undersized star PG/SG in Donovan. From there, we have:

6'1" PG Conley
6'1" PG/SG Beverley
6'4" SG Clarkson
6'4" SG Beasley
6'3" SG Butler (not really ready)

Our only players with "size" enough to play SF and PF are:
6'6" NAW (really a SG)
6'7" Bojan
6'8" Rudy Gay
6'9" Vanderbilt

Bojan might get us something nice, but we'll just need another Bojan after we trade him. We have to trade somebody from that 5 player logjam at PG/SG.

NOTE: I don't think Conley would play the 6th man role with Beverley or Beasley starting over him.

I love Bogey but it just doesn’t make much sense to keep him at this point. He turns 34 next season, and we’ve already seen how Conley and Ingles started to decline once they hit 34. I don’t see any way Ainge would extend him, and he’s on an expiring contract so we need to get something out of him while we still can. According to a few reports I’ve seen it sounds like he’s generating a lot of interest on the trade market.

I love Bogey but it just doesn’t make much sense to keep him at this point. He turns 34 next season, and we’ve already seen how Conley and Ingles started to decline once they hit 34. I don’t see any way Ainge would extend him, and he’s on an expiring contract so we need to get something out of him while we still can. According to a few reports I’ve seen it sounds like he’s generating a lot of interest on the trade market.
If he gets us a great return, by all means trade him.

I trust Ainge.

We currently have an undersized star PG/SG in Donovan. From there, we have:

6'1" PG Conley
6'1" PG/SG Beverley
6'4" SG Clarkson
6'4" SG Beasley
6'3" SG Butler (not really ready)

Our only players with "size" enough to play SF and PF are:
6'6" NAW (really a SG)
6'7" Bojan
6'8" Rudy Gay
6'9" Vanderbilt

Bojan might get us something nice, but we'll just need another Bojan after we trade him. We have to trade somebody from that 5 player logjam at PG/SG.

NOTE: I don't think Conley would play the 6th man role with Beverley or Beasley starting over him.
Well yeah, trying to compete with this roster is beyond foolish, but if that's your goal, dealing Bogey and keeping Conley would be the best route.

You think Conley would be okay coming off the bench to Beverley? Or to Beasley?
I honestly don’t care what he thinks tbh. If the plan is to build around Mitchell and Hardy wants to play him in more of a PG role, then Mike should come off the bench. It should also allow the team to manage his minutes better and make sure to keep him healthy until a trade opportunity does open up.

Fournier is a worse defender than Bogey.
Who cares. He wouldn't be a guy that we are even using. He is simply salary filler to collect other assets and after next season he becomes an expiring to move for hopefully another asset.

I honestly don’t care what he thinks tbh. If the plan is to build around Mitchell and Hardy wants to play him in more of a PG role, then Mike should come off the bench. It should also allow the team to manage his minutes better and make sure to keep him healthy until a trade opportunity does open up.
Also Conley just isn't good enough to be a starter at this point of his career, as there are well over 20PGs that are clearly better than him. Bringing him off the bench is the best way to not get him exposed and preserve some of his trade values for the right opportunity

If he gets us a great return, by all means trade him.

I trust Ainge.
I’ve said in the past that I’d only trade him for Ayton. But when I look at it realistically we’d almost have to get Crowder back as well or resign Bo Cruz (Juancho), because the three is our weakest position presently both in number and ability.

Beasley is not much better than Clarkson or Mitchell defensively...

Jazz need huge swings from negative to plus defenders to counteract losing Gobert and Bojan, Mitchell, Clarkson, Beasley are huge negatives.

If the Jazz need to contend around Mitchell now, you can't have 3 other poor defenders in rotation. Mitchell has to be the worst one in the rotation.

Best way could be to find a highly mobile 4 and play with no centers. Length and speed to play the passing lanes and disturb shooters. Semi-Zones to clog lanes. Cuts and player movement on the other hand. In transition, Mitchell could be the trailer which should suit him better and his gravity as a shooter could allow others easier finishes.

It's kinda why it's hard to build around Mitchell, he is not good enough of a playmaker to find guys cutting in a high-player movement system but he also has to be the smallest guy in the line-up which means limited opportunities to find a good playmaker.