What's new

Welcome Ty Corbin - new head coach of the Jazz

I think this is the best move the franchise could make with such short notice. I'm not sure that announcing as THE head coach (not interim) was the best idea as I think he should have a trial period, but it might've just been a statement the organization was trying to make to the team.

I like Corbin. He is the only guy in the organization that seems proactive and not just a guy in tow with Sloan philosophy (which isn't to say he isn't a supporter of it, but that he seems to think for himself). I really hope Hornacek is the assistant and not Scott Layden.

Welcome, Ty. Good luck.

Yeah, wonder why they named him "permanent" HC. I do not know what really recommends him other than they know him and are comfortable with him. I am always very leary of HC who have never been a HC ever at any level. And to me, the fact that he has worked so many years under Sloan does NOT recommend him.

Keeping an open mind but concerned that this was just the easy, quick, comfortable thing to do. Good luck Ty.

i think this is the best move the franchise could make with such short notice. I'm not sure that announcing as the head coach (not interim) was the best idea as i think he should have a trial period, but it might've just been a statement the organization was trying to make to the team.

I like corbin. He is the only guy in the organization that seems proactive and not just a guy in tow with sloan philosophy (which isn't to say he isn't a supporter of it, but that he seems to think for himself). I really hope hornacek is the assistant and not scott layden.

Welcome, ty. Good luck.

co-signed !!

Yeah, wonder why they named him "permanent" HC. I do not know what really recommends him other than they know him and are comfortable with him. I am always very leary of HC who have never been a HC ever at any level. And to me, the fact that he has worked so many years under Sloan does NOT recommend him.

Keeping an open mind but concerned that this was just the easy, quick, comfortable thing to do. Good luck Ty.

What he said ^

I pray we don't lose the fist pumps with him as the head coach.

I've been saying that all day. I'd LOVE to see him standing up at half court doing the fist pump. You KNOW hes not going to be able to restrain himself from doing it at least once in the first couple games.

I kinda figured it would be Corbin at least for now. I am more interested in the assistant spot. Might be a clue as to the long-term head coach.

Im glad that the coaching vacancy was filled with someone who was "in house." I hope Corbin can keep a lot of what Sloan instilled.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely bothered by losing Sloan and the murky circumstances as to why it probably happened, but at the same time I believe that Ty Corbin is indeed the man to take over for Jerry. Not only that, I really like that Utah did not mess around with the "interim" tag and made it clear that Corbin is their guy. I think it sends a loud message to the players as well as the fans.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely bothered by losing Sloan and the murky circumstances as to why it probably happened, but at the same time I believe that Ty Corbin is indeed the man to take over for Jerry. Not only that, I really like that Utah did not mess around with the "interim" tag and made it clear that Corbin is their guy. I think it sends a loud message to the players as well as the fans.

Good perspective. I think the same as well.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, please please Jazzfanz, give Ty some serious rope this season. Hell, I think the team should get a pass this year if they fall apart.

Let's hope both Ty and the team take this drama in stride.

Funny headline by Monson, even if he is still a hack:

For Sloan, where there’s a D-Will, there is not a way

https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/51232692-87/sloan-williams-coach-younger.html.csp

ead between the lines of what Sloan added in a one-on-one interview on Thursday, long after most reporters had left the building: “It was time for me to get out. I didn’t want to be a hindrance to the team or to anyone.”

I guess he knew he was no longer making a difference on this team.