What's new

Welcome Ty Corbin - new head coach of the Jazz

Are his kids still not out of high school? One of his sons was in my class and I graduated 5 years ago.

Hornacek, a part-time shooting coach for the Jazz, said he has aspired to be a full-time assistant coach when the time is right. That time may be now, although it would come with some sacrifices for the former Utah Jazz sharpshooter.

Hornacek lives in Phoenix and one of his kids is a junior in high school.

"It's worked out great for me working part-time," Hornacek said. "I've watched the kids grow up."

Of the lifestyle change that would come with joining the Jazz full-time, Hornacek said, "I'd have to figure something out for the rest of the year (in regards to living arrangements). We'll try to figure it out."
https://www.deseretnews.com/article...f-Hornacek-hopes-to-be-on-coaching-staff.html

The sense I got is he's given this a fair amount of thought in the past. He definitely has guys in mind. As long as he's got a vision for himself doing this job, and it very much sounds like he does, I won't question who he wants to hire. If that means Horny is out, so be it.

The sense I got is he's given this a fair amount of thought in the past. He definitely has guys in mind. As long as he's got a vision for himself doing this job, and it very much sounds like he does, I won't question who he wants to hire. If that means Horny is out, so be it.

Yup. If he does it great, if not, get someone else who is talented.

Just got some interesting news that could be Assistant Coach related. Karl Malone will be attending tonight's game and will addressing the media outside the Jazz locker room between 7:30-7:45. Thoughts?

Just got some interesting news that could be Assistant Coach related. Karl Malone will be attending tonight's game and will addressing the media outside the Jazz locker room between 7:30-7:45. Thoughts?

Uh...I like where that is heading. VERY MUCH.

But come on guy, it ain't AC related. Likely just talking about Sloan and his exit.

Uh...I like where that is heading. VERY MUCH.

But come on guy, it ain't AC related. Likely just talking about Sloan and his exit.

Sure, that's the obvious answer, but he didn't have to fly to Salt Lake to do that. It just seems strange to mean that he'd come to SLC and call a press conference outside the team locker room an hour before tip JUST for the sake of talking about Sloan.

New car dealership?

Locke: "Talked to Jeff Hornacek, no conversations have taken place yet about him being an assistant. Everything happening fast"

You could see some subtle differences IMO, time outs, CJ starting and slight different sub pattern, last nights game I can't see how it was Ty's fault.

Also if I missed in one of the other hundreds of thread forgive me but how come nobody has thought to bring in Gordy Chiesa. I know he's older and not a long term answer but I would think just to bring him in this year and maybe next just to help stabilize the staff, plus he's just fun to hear interview.

When I heard Malone was in town I was sooo hoping he'd be brought in to be the big man coach but his personality may under mind Corbin and make his job more difficult but if not I'd love it. I also hope they can get things worked out over the weekend with Horny being brought in full time.

The assistants part was probably the biggest reason this move should have waited until after the season. Most of the guys that can coach are coaching at some level right now. Your whole staff is almost a dice roll at this point.

Ty has eight of the next 12 on the road. Good luck with that.

That might be kind of a blessing. Probably not, but he at least has some time to get some practices together and the All-Star break should allow him and most of the team to get some more time to figure out what they're doing.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway. Not sure what else to do.

That might be kind of a blessing. Probably not, but he at least has some time to get some practices together and the All-Star break should allow him and most of the team to get some more time to figure out what they're doing.

same

Leaving the game last night and hearing comments it was my opinion as well that the road may be better at this point, not saying they'll win but maybe feel less pressure from the crowd.

Leaving the game last night and hearing comments it was my opinion as well that the road may be better at this point, not saying they'll win but maybe feel less pressure from the crowd.

besides which, the home record is not exactly compelling - there's a bit of an advantage, but not enough to instill any fear in the visiting team