What's new

Wells Report concluded that the Patriots violated rules and Tom Brady was aware

BTW, I have 3 friends who are former NFL players. One played in the 80s, the other two more recently. All three swap stories of "off-the-record" coaching about how to beat drug tests. Let's put it this way: Lance Armstrong's fully rationalized drug regime is an everyday occurrence in the NFL.

This is just one avenue for cheating that literally EVERY team is involved in. Every one. Every place where the rules can be pushed, they're being pushed in one way or the other. Goodell is a perfect leader for this band... he's willing to cover things up first, and then put a public image on it later.

Aww how cute! Sorry but that won't work. Brady is still out 4 games for getting busted cheating and now his legacy has an * to many people.

That's to bad to be honest because he is an all time great that didn't need to do this.

it works just fine.

Most Broncos fans don't think it's "cute" that their team has won zero Super Bowls in the Tom Brady era.

Not to mention the Broncos are the only team with a winning record agaisnt Brady. oops!!!!

That one back fired lol.

not so fast, my friend!!

brady is 5-5 against the broncos

BeMpeXEIQAAdJwP.jpg

Aww how cute! Sorry but that won't work. Brady is still out 4 games for getting busted cheating and now his legacy has an * to many people.

That's to bad to be honest because he is an all time great that didn't need to do this.

nah. it won't be a big deal in a long run. nobody really cared when jerry rice used stickum in 80s. people put an * on barry bonds, but he is still the greatest hitter in the modern era.

when brady gets his 5th the debate will be over. and if brady is that competitive, this is eating him alive. he is on ring #5 for sure.

BTW, I have 3 friends who are former NFL players. One played in the 80s, the other two more recently. All three swap stories of "off-the-record" coaching about how to beat drug tests. Let's put it this way: Lance Armstrong's fully rationalized drug regime is an everyday occurrence in the NFL.

This is just one avenue for cheating that literally EVERY team is involved in. Every one. Every place where the rules can be pushed, they're being pushed in one way or the other. Goodell is a perfect leader for this band... he's willing to cover things up first, and then put a public image on it later.

unfortunately, fans believe what they want to believe. and they all act so naive. how cute. it is what it is. 'do whatever it takes' is what players do because at the end of the day it's all about the fame and money.

Brady is a sacrificial lamb because for some strange reason Pats & brady became everyone's hate list. i think Pats hate started around 05 after 3 rings. things amplified when spygate happened - people conveniently ignored when jimmy johnson & bill cowher, SB champs, came out and said 'everyone was doing it'. and things didn't help when brady 'dumped pregnant wife'(when brady broke up before he knew she was pregnant) for a gazillionaire supermodel. and the hate piled on when pats ruthlessly beat da crap out of team in 07 season.

i think pats are the most hated team in the sports past 30-40 years. more hated than 70's raiders, 80's pistons, 90's yankees, or any dallas cowboys.

Most Broncos fans don't think it's "cute" that their team has won zero Super Bowls in the Tom Brady era.

yup. broncos fans shouldn't be talking smack to brady & pats.

1. they worship elway who should've been a colt. imagine if brady did what elway did. brady would've been so hated even without cheating allegation.

2. in body building forums people routinely bring up shannon sharpe and his great natural body. lol i mean he looks so obviously roided up.

3. bill romanowski? he was a known roidhead.
https://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1976461

4. salarygate - they cheated the salary cap in their late 90's SB run.

Most pats fans think it's cute to defend their cheating franchise by all means necessary.

So far it consists of excuses, "but they did it too!" and attempting to put other teams down.

None of which they are any good at.

Cheaters gon cheat.

Most pats fans think it's cute to defend their cheating franchise by all means necessary.

So far it consists of excuses, "but they did it too!" and attempting to put other teams down.

Cheaters gon cheat.

And hater(s) gon hate.

Cheaters gon cheat.

The Broncos have cheated too. It's well documented. How broken is your heart at the sound of this news??

The Broncos have cheated too. It's well documented. How broken is your heart at the sound of this news??

It's not. If they get caught breaking the rules they should be penalyzed. Just like the Pats were in this case.

Nice try though, kinda.

you're right. He should have said:

Naivers gon naive.

That applies quite well to you in this case.

Are you really that clueless? Tell me you're not and that you just really are not paying attention.

Are you really that clueless? Tell me you're not and that you just really are not paying attention.

you are naive in this case.

Should the Patriots be punished? Yes
Are other teams doing exactly what the Patriots are doing but aren't getting exposed? Abso****inglutely.

I'm going to repost this here:

Not giving you the response you wanted does not equate dodging the issue.

My stance is the same it has always been. One you conveniently ignore.

If any team, including the Broncos, get caught cheating they should be punished.

But then you knew that, as I had said it at least twice, and are simply playing games.

None of what you've said justly acknowledges the FACT that cheating is endemic to the NFL. At bottom, the NFL doesn't even really have any interest in a cheating-free league; rather, they have an interest in the IMAGE of a cheating-free league. Do the necessary research and you won't be able to avoid agreeing with this.

When I taught at the university my most popular class was on drugs. My students had to complete a quarter-length research project, and many chose topics on performance-enhancing drugs. Many of those students chose to focus on the NFL. Over time, I read most of the papers they cited. The case is closed: the NFL is jammed full of drugs. And there are negotiations between the league and the NFLPA that deal directly with how to keep them out of sight but still pumping through veins.

Anywhoo, this is just one example. If your heart wants a game with integrity, then you need to turn off football. Over the years, the Patriots have been subject to more scrutiny than anybody... probably more than half the league combined. Spygate was something everybody was doing (like drugs), and a former assistant coach ratted them out (where is he now by the way?? He stepped on the snake... got spit out into ESPN... and where is he now? He can't get a job in the league anymore precisely because the other cheaters know they can't trust him). Deflategate is another sideshow... just ask Aaron Rodgers.

It's not. If they get caught breaking the rules they should be penalyzed. Just like the Pats were in this case.

Nice try though, kinda.

eh, broncos got caught cheating the salary cap. $950k fine. factor in the inflation and it's even bigger fine than the what pats had to pay.
https://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1883127

but of course, nobody made a big deal out of it because the broncos ain't hated like the pats. where was salarycapgate for broncos? most people don't even know or remember. you didn't even know. lol imagine pats cheating the salary cap to retain all the key players and get caught. yikes, all hell will break loose. keeping revis, wilfork, and other players through cheating the salary cap? are you kidding me? anderson cooper will smirk and talk about it. and it will be a routine late night jokes.

also broncos had more PED issues(10 plus suspension in the past 10 years) than seahawks, but nobody gives a rats *** about it because broncos are broncos, not pats.

we all know von miller is a known cheater
https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/...nver-broncos-urine-collector-tried-cheat-test

but nobody really cares because he is von miller, not tom brady. imagine brady was doing PEDs. i don't even want to think about it because it would be 10 times worse than deflategate.

just admit it. only pats make the news. crowd noise pumping in atlanta is a footnote. rodgers virtually admitting that he cheats by overpumping the ball is an afterthought.

don't be silly. only the most hated team in america get penalized and become a national story.

nice try though, kinda.

Last edited:
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings played their coldest home game in 38 years on Sunday, when they beat the Carolina Panthers in 12-degree temperatures at TCF Bank Stadium.

As both teams dealt with the freezing temperatures, Fox cameras showed sideline attendants using heaters to warm up game balls, which is against league rules.

Nobody cared or got punished

eh, broncos got caught cheating the salary cap. $950k fine. factor in the inflation and it's even bigger fine than the what pats had to pay.
https://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1883127

but of course, nobody made a big deal out of it because the broncos ain't hated like the pats. where was salarycapgate for broncos? most people don't even know or remember. you didn't even know. lol imagine pats cheating the salary cap to retain all the key players and get caught. yikes, all hell will break loose. keeping revis, wilfork, and other players through cheating the salary cap? are you kidding me? anderson cooper will smirk and talk about it. and it will be a routine late night jokes.

also broncos had more PED issues(10 plus suspension in the past 10 years) than seahawks, but nobody gives a rats *** about it because broncos are broncos, not pats.

we all know von miller is a known cheater
https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/...nver-broncos-urine-collector-tried-cheat-test

but nobody really cares because he is von miller, not tom brady. imagine brady was doing PEDs. i don't even want to think about it because it would be 10 times worse than deflategate.

just admit it. only pats make the news. crowd noise pumping in atlanta is a footnote. rodgers virtually admitting that he cheats by overpumping the ball is an afterthought.

don't be silly. only the most hated team in america get penalized and become a national story.

nice try though, kinda.
All these stories you come up with and the woes to the patriots because they are hated. Is it possible it's a bigger deal because they were caught twice cheating in the playoffs? And that this story is huge partially because the Patriots themselves and their fans won't accept it and move on.
That salary cap story the broncos got punished. They also admitted what they did. They broke a technicality in the rule and did not cover it up. The fans did not whine for weeks about the trivial nature of it and complain repeatedly about it. The fans and franchise of the Broncos accepted it and moved on.
Von Miller cheated. He got caught and punished. His suspension by the way was longer than pretty boy Brady's was.
I hate the Patriots. But I hate 3 or 4 teams more than them. I just find their fans and their attitude about we are the Patriots and everybody picks on us to be silly. They are not being picked on because they are the Patriots or hated. They are being punished for their arrogance and cover up and the repeated cheating.