What's new

Westbrook post game interview thread.

reignman40

He just said he doesn't agree with what fans can say to guys on the floor, saying they wouldn't just say that on the street. I agree I guess, but stop being a baby. He goes on to say something should change, and I qoute. "ESPECIALLY HERE IN UTAH"

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app

He just said he doesn't agree with what fans can say to guys on the floor, saying they wouldn't just say that on the street. I agree I guess, but stop being a baby. He goes on to say something should change, and I qoute. "ESPECIALLY HERE IN UTAH"

That's right. Maybe if the refs and the NBA start giving the Jazz fair treatment, the fans will be more civil.

The biggest secret weapon in the NBA. Got the reigning MVP at sixes and sevens with his patented, upper-class trash talk.

BJEJXSHGNZGAZAX62F4MC3LFI4.jpg

I’d like to know what was actually said. It sounds like he’s implying that it’s racist stuff - even though the team’s top star player is also black and there’s not really anything to back up his claims.

Mitt Romney? Westbrook needs a pacifier? How’s your ankles? Can I get a picture?

It doesn’t look like anybody involved in the confrontations said anything profane or vulger except for Russell Westbrook.

Is there something else that I’ve missed?

A professional basketball player who's making millions asking for fans of the opposing team to watch their mouth and asking for the NBA to take measures, what a whiner LOL
It's part of sports deal with it, try going to a big soccer game in Spain you'll see what kind of pearls are thrown by all the fans in the stadium, all chanting at the same time.
The guy has always been an arrogant *****, I personally can't stand him.

I’d like to know what was actually said. It sounds like he’s implying that it’s racist stuff - even though the team’s top star player is also black and there’s not really anything to back up his claims.

Mitt Romney? Westbrook needs a pacifier? How’s your ankles? Can I get a picture?

It doesn’t look like anybody involved in the confrontations said anything profane or vulger except for Russell Westbrook.

Is there something else that I’ve missed?
Westbrick is just a whiner. Can't believe I thought the guy was MVP last season. Guess I didn't watch him enough before this series

I’m actually curious as to what he’s referring to. Jazz fans shouldn’t condone anything being said just because someone buys a ticket and these guys get paid millions. Normal heckling is fine, but do people say things that truly cross the line? This isn’t the first player to single out Utah. KD singles out Utah years ago saying he enjoys playing in Utah but that the players didn’t deserve what was being said by the fans behind them.....I’m sorry be a decent person....and if someone’s saying something over the line that’s near you, put them in line.

I’m actually curious as to what he’s referring to. Jazz fans shouldn’t condone anything being said just because someone buys a ticket and these guys get paid millions. Normal heckling is fine, but do people say things that truly cross the line? This isn’t the first player to single out Utah. KD singles out Utah years ago saying he enjoys playing in Utah but that the players didn’t deserve what was being said by the fans behind them.....I’m sorry be a decent person....and if someone’s saying something over the line that’s near you, put them in line.

To be clear I don't condone certain behavior, of course you have to draw the line somewhere (i.e. throwing things at players, physically getting in their face...).
On the other hand it's unrealistic and quite stupid to pretend putting a whole fan base in the same bag, with comments like "Especially here in Utah". Donovan said it right, it happens everywhere and if Westbrook was smart he just wouldn't get involved, accept the loss and leave the building in a classy manner. Not dressing like a flaming peacock might actually help too.

Might be a demographic thing with those that sit closest to the court. Not generalizing EVERYBODY, but those courtside are typically wealthier, more entitled, douchier, and wear Ed Hardy clothing. They're also typically going to be older with fewer children around to have a bit of restraint. I also think it's Russ embellishing a story to take the heat off a series ending loss.

*shrug*

I wouldn't be all t
Might be a demographic thing with those that sit closest to the court. Not generalizing EVERYBODY, but those courtside are typically wealthier, more entitled, douchier, and wear Ed Hardy clothing. They're also typically going to be older with fewer children around to have a bit of restraint. I also think it's Russ embellishing a story to take the heat off a series ending loss.

*shrug*
No doubt. Older white people with money can be naaaaaaaaaasty.

I personally loved his whining. When I go to sleep at night I like to dream and feast off grown babies throwing temper tantrums like I'm a banshee. I might finally get over 5 hours of sleep tonight off that interview alone.

Russ is notorious for getting into it verbally with the fans so naturally folks in opposing arenas are going to try to push his buttons - you're bound to have a few knuckleheads who say stupid ****.

Not sure what to tell ya Russ - maybe you should STFU.

If fans are saying things about someone's family, their kids, I think those fans should be banned from the arena. Same with threats and racial ****. If they are heard saying it or the player can point them out, I think they should be ejected and not allowed back.