What's new

What’s the biggest mistakes the Jazz FO has ever made?

What’s the biggest mistakes the Jazz FO has ever made?

• Trading Mike Conley to the T’Wolves

• We don’t make mistakes

Results are only viewable after voting.
We did not give them Conley, the Lakers did. And besides that, Conley is minuscule compared to giving them you know...Rudy Gobert.
Dont care how miniscule. Conley makes them better than no Conley. Bad idea.

As for the lakers gave them Conley thing.... On the post I quoted you said even if we were the ones giving them conley and that's what I'm responding to.

Bad idea to make a team better when you own their picks.

As for your whole we gave them gobert thing. Well we wouldn't have their picks without giving gobert. We gave them gobert for the picks. Once you own the picks that's when you stop making their team better.

If you truly think it's a good idea to make a team better when you own that teams picks then we will just have to agree to disagree
Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

As for the lakers gave them Conley thing.... On the post I quoted you said even if we were the ones giving them conley and that's what I'm responding to.

Bad idea to make a eam better when you own their picks.

As for your whole we gave them gobert thing. Well we wouldn't have their picks without giving gobert. We have them gobert for the picks. Once you own the picks that's when you stop making them better.

Conley is also extremely old and could lose his viability at any moment, as soon as next year.

No one was lining up to get Conley on a deal that was appealing to the Jazz. The Jazz got a top 4 protected Lakers pick in 2027. Stop being reactionary.

So far the trade has not had any affect on the picks the Wolves owe the Jazz. The butthurt over teh trade currently amounts to Jazz fans being fragile over the Wolves having more success than the Jazz .

Bad idea to make a team better when you own their picks.

As for your whole we gave them gobert thing. Well we wouldn't have their picks without giving gobert. We gave them gobert for the picks. Once you own the picks that's when you stop making their team better.

If you truly think it's a good idea to make a team better when you own that teams picks then we will just have to agree to disagree

I think it's double stupid to 1) think we were the ones who decided Conley was going to MIN, which is objectively false. This cannot be argued. 2) to stress about Conley going to the Wolves when we gave them already gave them Gobert and they have Ant + Towns. Hilarious thing to mention as "biggest mistake ever:.

The Wolves were 29-28 when they traded for Conley. They finished the season 42-40, going 13-12 without D'Lo. That's the year we got the first Minny pick.

That's the only measurable effect the Conley trade has had thus far in terms of the picks from Minnesota.

You really cannot see the teams identity switch that happened after they got rid of DLos toxic *** and replaced that with Mike's leadership?

Team is more (or less) than just the sum of its parts.

That's a nice straw man haha. The Jazz did not trade Conley to the Wolves, it was the Lakers decision. That is just a straight fact and can't be argued.

And as nice as Mike Conley is, what makes the Wolves good is having Ant and Gobert. Like making our pick go from projected 23-25 to 27-30 isn't the biggest mistake this FO has made lol. Also, as @Saint Cy of JFC pointed out, Mike Conley is old. Our best chance at getting a good pick was also going to be the more distant picks. Conley might be retired by then.

That's a nice straw man haha. The Jazz did not trade Conley to the Wolves, it was the Lakers decision. That is just a straight fact and can't be argued.

And as nice as Mike Conley is, what makes the Wolves good is having Ant and Gobert. Like making our pick go from projected 23-25 to 27-30 isn't the biggest mistake this FO has made lol. Also, as @Saint Cy of JFC pointed out, Mike Conley is old. Our best chance at getting a good pick was also going to be the more distant picks. Conley might be retired by then.
Ok I see your definition of "fact" is rather loose. Also it can be argued lol.

From the Athletic:
"Timberwolves president of basketball operations Tim Connelly was the architect of the deal that brought Conley to Minnesota."

Also I never argued the Conley deal was the worst decission. I merely pointed out that the trade wasnt as meaningless to Minnesotas success as you made it seem.

Ok I see your definition of "fact" is rather loose. Also it can be argued lol.

From the Athletic:
"Timberwolves president of basketball operations Tim Connelly was the architect of the deal that brought Conley to Minnesota."

Also I never argued the Conley deal was the worst decission. I merely pointed out that the trade wasnt as meaningless to Minnesotas success as you made it seem.

Who did Tim Connelly have to convince to bring Conley to MIN? If the Lakers wanted Conley, they could have had Conley. It was their decision, they gave us the pick for Conley. This quote does nothing to change the fact that it was the Lakers decision.

Conley is also extremely old and could lose his viability at any moment, as soon as next year.

So far the trade has not had any affect on the picks the Wolves owe the Jazz.

That's true

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

I think it's double stupid to 1) think we were the ones who decided Conley was going to MIN, which is objectively false. This cannot be argued. 2) to stress about Conley going to the Wolves when we gave them already gave them Gobert and they have Ant + Towns. Hilarious thing to mention as "biggest mistake ever:.
1. I didn't say anything about that.
2. I didn't say it was the biggest mistake ever.

My post for this thread was trading up to draft trey Burke

Who did Tim Connelly have to convince to bring Conley to MIN? If the Lakers wanted Conley, they could have had Conley. It was their decision, they gave us the pick for Conley. This quote does nothing to change the fact that it was the Lakers decision.
Did we know that Conley was going to Minnesota when we made the trade? If so, we could have said no deal

1. I didn't say anything about that.
2. I didn't say it was the biggest mistake ever.

My post for this thread was trading up to draft trey Burke

You replied to my post and were talking about Conley. I assumed you were talking about the post you replied to and the things you said in your posts, not some post I never interacted with.

Did we know that Conley was going to Minnesota when we made the trade? If so, we could have said no deal

So you dont want a top 4 protected Lakers 2027 pick just because the Conley trade might make 1 of the 5 picks we can get from them slightly better?

You know how dumb that sounds?

You can also argue the Wolves being invested in Conley (though it was a nice extension price) for 2 more seasons might make them worse in 2026/2027 because they will have to transition to a new starting PG in 2026 or 2027 rather than having to deal with that now.

So you dont want a top 4 protected Lakers 2027 pick just because the Conley trade might make 1 of the 5 picks we can get from them slightly better?

You know how dumb that sounds?

This is also without mentioning what happened to our own pick after that trade. Had we not traded Conley/Vando/Beasley and won 3 more games we would have lost Taylor Hendricks.

You can’t just look at win-loss.

The team was imploding before Conley got there. After he got there he became a calming influence on the whole team. Also getting rid of d-Lo was a net positive for them.

You can’t just look at win-loss.

The team was imploding before Conley got there. After he got there he became a calming influence on the whole team. Also getting rid of d-Lo was a net positive for them.

Win loss is the only thing that matters when it comes to the picks we got from the Gobert trade. We've received one pick so far from the Conley trade, it did not effect the draft position. It may impact our next pick in 25, but also in 27 and 29 when Conley may be retired. The alternative to not making that trade is that we don't have the Lakers pick and we may not have Taylor Hendricks either.

And once again, I have to stress that it was the Lakers decision....not ours. Such a silly thing to consider a "mistake".

I absolutely love Conley and would love to believe that he's had a huge effect on the wins and losses for the TWolves, but it is really difficult to objectively show that he had any effect last year. Subjectively they look a lot better, and aesthetically I like their offense much more with him in the games than when he is out.

Whatever effect that Conley has had on the team this year is not impacting our picks, so really we are projecting what he might do for them next year. If Conley is still performing at a high level next year and the Wolves continue to look a lot better with him than without him, then I do think it's fair to criticize the FO for that move.

I think the outrage is a year early.