What's new

What did Rudy Gay Do? (Speculation Thread)

I think the gay may have been a little less than forthcoming about the seriousness of his surgery in the offseason. Not sure how much due diligence was done but it seemed to catch the Jazz off guard that his timeline was a little longer.

I doubt it was one instance . I’m guessing just general assholery. Likely fed the drama fire a bit. Guessing he clashed with Quin. We had a lot of tinder to start fires.

So like one of the bigger things from the famed Jazz Beat Writer Twitter spaces was that Rudy Gay 'mother****ed" the team.

What did yall think Rudy Gay did?
My guess(and it is just a GUESS AND SPECULATION, so take with a bucket of salt) would be somehting along the lines of what Mark Jackson did when he was here. He was scheming and sowing intrigues behind the scenes, he was turning players against the coaches and/or other players, when he realized he won't be playing much when it matters most. Again... just a guess.

I apologize I am talking about a completely different game. I thought he was referring to the playoff game where Paschall came in for Rudy in the 3rd and we went on a big run.
regular season game when rudy didn't play. if you watched it our first half defense was good, we were switching and we had perimeter D. then 2nd half mavs figured us out. then Gay comments. then DNP

when Gobert came back next game we played the same lousy defense again, back to no perimeter d team. Gay knew what he is talking about.

regular season game when rudy didn't play. if you watched it our first half defense was good, we were switching and we had perimeter D. then 2nd half mavs figured us out. then Gay comments. then DNP

when Gobert came back next game we played the same lousy defense again, back to no perimeter d team. Gay knew what he is talking about.
The Mavs figured it out in the 2nd quarter, not the 2nd half. Their 1st half offensive rating was 132.7. To say they "figured us out" is an understatement, they absolutely torched us in the 2nd quarter (and the rest of the game until garbage time).

For reference, the Mavs average offensive rating against us in the playoffs, in games with Luka, was 111.0.

The ironic thing about him getting so heated with Quin is that Quin took forever to give up on him. Dude's ratio of "okay" games to "total garbage" was like 1:10.
So much this. Gay has no room to gripe. He was given way too much time to prove his worth. The guy who should feel cheated is Eric Pascall.

I think the gay may have been a little less than forthcoming about the seriousness of his surgery in the offseason. Not sure how much due diligence was done but it seemed to catch the Jazz off guard that his timeline was a little longer.

I doubt it was one instance . I’m guessing just general assholery. Likely fed the drama fire a bit. Guessing he clashed with Quin. We had a lot of tinder to start fires.
I mean. . . maybe don’t sign a guy who is 35 years old coming off an injury - at least not without getting a team option for the 3rd year.

Jazz completely crapped the bed from a team-building standpoint the moment they traded for Mike Conley. Getting Bogey and Clarkson were both great moves for solid value, but it seems like everything else has failed.