What's new

What Do Jazz Fans Feel Their Chances Are Against The Nets?

To the OP, I say the Jazz have a new weapon this year called the HYDRA blender. If said blender is in full effect during this supposed playoff series, no team, not even the Nets have a chance to defeat it.

Word to your mother.

Philly fans are tougher on their teams than NY fans.
Yeah but Utah fans are the toughest. Mainly because they haven't been handed the best players by the league like a toddler given a sippy-cup. They actually have to work for it. So jazz fans are far more invested and harsher than anyone else.

Kyrie is the most overrated star in the league. The only time he was on a good team was with LeBron.
The Beard is good, but is liable to fold under pressure.
Durant is stellar, but man, is he fragile.
Griffin is so past his prime he's almost rancid.
LMA still might have some life in him.

As far as the greatest team ever assembled, is your memory really so bad that you've forgotten the 16/17 Warriors?

Last edited:
Kyrie is the most overrated star in the league. The only time he was on a good team was with LeBron.
Griffin is so part his prime he's almost rancid.

As far as the greatest team ever assembled, is your memory really so bad that you've forgotten the 16/17 Warriors?

16/17 didn't happen for Knicks fans, just like playoff basketball for the last 20 years...

As a Knick fan I am honest about my team. I know we are the fourth best team in the league and that there are only three teams in the league that are better than us - the Nets, the Lakers (when healthy), and the Clippers. I know that if we met either of them in a seven game series, we would most likely lose the series in game seven (and it would take an overtime game 7 to do it).

Now suppose Rudy strikes again and spreads covid throughout the NBA West. Fourteen west teams have to put an end to their season, but the Jazz are immune because Rudy, along with being a super spreader, is also a super shield -- his team is immune. So with only one team available in the West, the Jazz get gifted an opportunity by Adam Silver to play in the Finals this year. Where they will meet the Nets.

But how do you Jazz fans feel about facing the Nets in a seven game series? Let's say the Nets do have Kyrie/Durant/Harden healthy, plus Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Joe Harris, DeAndre Jordan, and Jeff Green. Do you honestly think in The Finals you could beat that team?
I don’t think anyone can beat the Nets if they are fully healthy but I do think the jazz have a much better shot at it than most. They have a way better shot at it than the Knicks haha but then again the Knicks have no shot against the top 4 teams in the East.

Honestly, If the Jazz are healthy and hit their stride, big caveats I know, I'm not afraid of anyone. There was a stretch of games early in the season when the Jazz were in tune, they had the ball whipping around the court to an open shooter, played stingy defense and were blowing teams out. That Jazz team shows up and I don't care who they play, they have a great chance to win. It is a long season and that version of the Jazz hasn't always shown up, but when it does it is a thing of beauty.

How beautiful would it be for the Utah Jazz to actually win it all in a year, and era, of building big name teams on the strength of market size. A Nets, Lakers, Clips win and it's, "meh who cares, they bought that chip." A Jazz win and every NBA fan in the country can say, hey why not us? If the NBA wants to be relevant outside of the coastal markets they should be hoping for the Jazz to "Shock the World!"

Last edited:
If the Jazz made it to the finals it means we beat one of the LA 's in a 7 game series, and probably took out a Denver or Phoenix along the way. If the Nets cruised through Milwaukee and Philly the Jazz chances are pretty slim. If they were 6 and 7 games series, I'd give the Jazz a decent chance. We'll know a whole lot more about the Nets and if they can play defense (ranked 25/30 now) in a couple months.

If the Jazz made it to the finals it means we beat one of the LA 's in a 7 game series, and probably took out a Denver or Phoenix along the way. If the Nets cruised through Milwaukee and Philly the Jazz chances are pretty slim. If they were 6 and 7 games series, I'd give the Jazz a decent chance. We'll know a whole lot more about the Nets and if they can play defense (ranked 25/30 now) in a couple months.
Who was the MFer from Houston who did the defense? The Nets have MDA but, to my knowledge, they don’t have that other guy.

.....A Nets, Lakers, Clips win and it's, "meh who cares, they bought that chip." ...

Not true at all.

In every sport you can not buy a Championship. Oh, you can buy the players to play for your team, but the fact remains those guys still have to play. No amount of money in the world can make a guy play Championship ball.

Griffin is so past his prime he's almost rancid.

Good points. I agree.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Come on. Steph, Draymond. Durant, and Klay are more awe-inspiring than Kyrie Irving/Kevin Durant/James Harden?
The Warriors with KD, who had 73 wins without KD, had the best collection of talent probably ever. They had massive injuries and still held on a while against a very very good Raptors team.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

With all the forced gender swapping rampaging through the league right now, I think we’re just gonna have to take all projections on a game-by-game basis. Especially for/in the playoffs.