What's new

What do you think Smith, Ainge, Wade and Zantacs are thinking right now?

416Klawzz

Fire Quin?
Blow it up?
Trade Gobert? Trade Mitchell? Trade Conley?
Juancho ain't that bad?

Last edited:
They are thinking, "we are just one player away from a championship". And this will be the reason the Jazz rebuild will take forever.

We’re about 4 wing defenders and 6 sports psychologists away from even being able to say we are legitimately contending.

Blow this **** up!

At least from the outside, these 3 seem like the most powerful/influential people in the organization....aside from Donovan I suppose. Question is, how invested do you think any of those 3 are? Seems like our brain trust is made up of 3 part time people.

Fire Quin?
Blow it up?
Trade Gobert? Trade Mitchell? Trade Conley?
Juancho ain't that bad?
They are thinking, hoping and praying that Donovan wants to stay past this upcoming summer.

This is a business, and Donovan is good for business. And although trading Rudy might negatively impact the regular season record (all depends on all the moves made), Donovan and a supporting cast can keep the franchise relevant.

If Don wants out, it is a bad look for the franchise and it might negatively impact the return in a trade. Also add in our team is too old and thin to stay relevant for long if we don't have a good player to hitch our wagon to as Rudy declines.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

They are thinking, hoping and praying that Donovan wants to stay past this upcoming summer.

This is a business, and Donovan is good for business. And although trading Rudy might negatively impact the regular season record (all depends on all the moves made), Donovan and a supporting cast can keep the franchise relevant.

If Don wants out, it is a bad look for the franchise and it might negatively impact the return in a trade. Also add in our team is too old and thin to stay relevant for long if we don't have a good player to hitch our wagon to as Rudy declines.

Is relevant barely making the playoffs?

Players asking out doesn’t negatively impact their trade value imo. Look at all the guys that have asked out and look what they got for them. Even if he says he wants to go to NY he’s under contract for a long time.

Players asking out will often times end in a bidding war. It’s like saying putting a for sale sign in front of your house will impact the market value of the home. There will be plenty of competition.

Players asking out doesn’t negatively impact their trade value imo. Look at all the guys that have asked out and look what they got for them. Even if he says he wants to go to NY he’s under contract for a long time.

Players asking out will often times end in a bidding war. It’s like saying putting a for sale sign in front of your house will impact the market value of the home. There will be plenty of competition.
Yeah, you never know. That's why I said it might impact his trade value.

My main concern with Don asking out is the impact it makes on the image of the franchise. We should be embracing and keeping a young star like him. If we run him off, it does even further damage to our image.

Yeah, you never know. That's why I said it might impact his trade value.

My main concern with Don asking out is the impact it makes on the image of the franchise. We should be embracing and keeping a young star like him. If we run him off, it does even further damage to our image.
So put some makeup on the pig until he leaves in UFA like Hayward?

Utah needs to stop caring about their image so freaking much in terms of overly catering to players.

Utah is never going to be cool.

Utah got their best UFA in their history because they were really ****ing good, had a coach that was well regarded among players, and had a system that appealed to that Bogey tier of player.

Utah (barring a tie to the state/Mormonism) is never going to sign a top tier free agent. It's just not going to happen, no matter how cool Donovan Mitchell says Utah is. And none of those reasons I said why a high level guy might come to Utah is going to stop just cuz Donovan Mitchell got his feelings hurt in Utah.

Utah needs to stop caring about their image so freaking much in terms of overly catering to players.

Utah got their best UFA in their history because they were really ****ing good, had a coach that was well regarded among players, and had a system that appealed to that Bogey tier of player.

Utah (barring a tie to the state/Mormonism) is never going to sign a top tier free agent. It's just not going to happen, no matter how cool Donovan Mitchell says Utah is. And none of those reasons I said why a high level guy might come to Utah is going to stop just cuz Donovan Mitchell got his feelings hurt in Utah.
Yes. This is like many fast food joints totally tanking their quality and strengths by trying to appeal to a group of people who will never consume their food. We’re not cool. Won’t be. I don’t care. Give me more of that tasty, fattening food because I’m not coming here for a salad.

Nobody said anything about overly catering to players. Read the dang posts Cy.

I said that the ownership should hope that Donovan doesn't want to leave. If he already wants to leave this summer, then yes, this is bad for the organization and optics.

Stop your attacks on Donovan. He's been a good player and person for this franchise.