What's new

WHAT FUTURE HOLDS

jazzfan1132

I've been interesting in Jazz for over 30 Years, and always look ahead. We have been through a lot after Karl And John era. NOW We are really IN. We have two Years window with this squad and after that We will have to replace guys like Joe, Bogdan, Mike, Derrick.
Only 1 team that has won an NBA championship in the last 37 years is still alive (Mavs). The other 10 (Lakers, Raptors, Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, Heat, Celtics, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets) have been eliminated before the 2nd round.
WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS.
Denver is the best positioning Team age and talent wise. Suns have nice young core of players but CP3 is a rental. Kings Wolves are not there but might be.
Lakers Warriors Blazers Clippers Nets are still very strong but are aiming in bad direction.
What UTAH JAZZ is have to do to WIN it all.

This year is our best shot. There’s an 80+% chance that next year’s team lacks 1 or 2 rotation players that we relied on heavily this year. And, despite all the positive vibes we were feeling earlier this year about our young stable of wings, none of them have inspired confidence in their readiness to step into those roles without us feeling a drop off.

The core (Don & Rudy) should be her for awhile, so that is possible. The thing that I love about those two is that they are both personally motivated to be as good as possible. They should only get better, barring injury. I feel that the Jazz are in the best position that they have been in recent memory (maybe ever) concerning the ability to attract other players to play for them. With some cap magic, we may be able to get some higher profile FAs in the future.

The core (Don & Rudy) should be her for awhile, so that is possible. The thing that I love about those two is that they are both personally motivated to be as good as possible.
Yeah! 10x WNBA champs here we come! Juwanna man style!

I thought Mike was a free agent at the end of this season?
Pretty sure he is. Hopefully he's bought into the system and doesn't want to leave the team and Quin, and he is willing to play next year for a veteran's minimum or something around there. Heck, even a third of what he made this year would be nice. I know people will be willing to pay him more, but he been paid well for a lot of years. There is still potential to win here as well. Hopefully he will be enticed to stay a few more years.

Pretty sure he is. Hopefully he's bought into the system and doesn't want to leave the team and Quin, and he is willing to play next year for a veteran's minimum or something around there. Heck, even a third of what he made this year would be nice. I know people will be willing to pay him more, but he been paid well for a lot of years. There is still potential to win here as well. Hopefully he will be enticed to stay a few more years.
You want Mike Conley to play for the minimum, the disrespect, idiot!!!

If he's going to continually miss a third of the season and be questionable in the playoffs is it even worth it? For the vet min, sure. Much more than that and the value diminishes greatly.

If Conley's hamstring is chronic it's time to move on after this year. We need to groom someone else during the season in Quin's system to be ready for the playoffs. We can't have one of our starters missing playoff games on a regular basis..

If Conley's hamstring is chronic it's time to move on after this year. We need to groom someone else during the season in Quin's system to be ready for the playoffs. We can't have one of our starters missing playoff games on a regular basis..
You have to ask yourself if a GLeaguer had a similar injury, would he be sitting or playing?

You want Mike Conley to play for the minimum, the disrespect, idiot!!!
Not sure it's disrespect, but it would be nice.
Sometimes guys will play for less than they are worth.
Usually they won't do that to play for the Jazz. Or course Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, Miami, Golden State all draw players who will do that. If the Jazz win the Championship and are title contenders, it's possible he might play for less. I guess I wouldn't expect him to go veteran's minimum, because he is definitely worth more that that, but I think he should take less than he makes now.

From a Jazz perspective having more money to potentially get/keep other players would be nice. Let's make a legacy. It couldn't hurt to ask to see how flexible he'll be.
I know, easy for me to say. I'm not the one giving up money.

Last edited:
Offer him 3/50 with a team opt out after each year. If he’s unhappy, let him try to find something better.

He can have fun on the Knicks, OKC, Spurs, Charlotte, or Detroit. Because those are five of the seven teams with projected cap space. Dallas and Toronto are the others and I doubt either wants to pursue him.

Offer him 3/50 with a team opt out after each year. If he’s unhappy, let him try to find something better.

He can have fun on the Knicks, OKC, Spurs, Charlotte, or Detroit. Because those are five of the seven teams with projected cap space. Dallas and Toronto are the others and I doubt either wants to pursue him.
Not sure what the vet minimum is but that seems high. Maybe 3/30 depending on min requirements. We need some breathing room and frankly we really still need 1 more piece to establish a dynasty. The mythical 3&D perimeter/wing defender.

Not sure it's disrespect, but it would be nice.
Sometimes guys will play for less than they are worth.
Usually they won't do that to play for the Jazz. Or course Lakers, Clippers, Bucks, Miami, Golden State all draw players who will do that. If the Jazz win the Championship and are title contenders, it's possible he might play for less. I guess I wouldn't expect him to go veteran's minimum, because he is definitely worth more that that, but I think he should take less than he makes now.

From a Jazz perspective having more money to potentially get/keep other players would be nice. Let's make a legacy. It couldn't hurt to ask to see how flexible he'll be.
I know, easy for me to say. I'm not the one giving up money.
Maybe it’s just me but I’ll be damned if I’m the jazz if I’m going to let one of my top guys devalue themselves like that. If you want a guys loyalty, and his best I’m not going to allow them to be treated like an afterthought. That’s how you motivate someone to want to give his all to the team. Just some lifeisms from me.
Not sure what the vet minimum is but that seems high. Maybe 3/30 depending on min requirements. We need some breathing room and frankly we really still need 1 more piece to establish a dynasty. The mythical 3&D perimeter/wing defender.
Ok, thanks Pea brain!!