What's new

What happened to Derrick Favors at the age of 25 and can he bounce back?

I can't tell if Favs feels burned and wants out now or what. He is so cryptic. I hope not but I could see it with all the Jazz energy put towards Hayward the last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

There are plenty of ways we kan pay and keep Favors beyond this season. The key is being proactive and signing Hood and Exum to cheaper long term deals this summer instead of waiting it out and matching someone elses stupid in RFA. If we can get Exum and Hood for $30 million combined, we can sign Favors to $20 million a year and still not be in the tax. If Exum and Hood demand $35 million in total, we can dump the expiring contract of Alec Burks, pay Favors $26 milion and still be under the tax. If we hold out on Exum and Hood and have to match offers of $40+ million combined, we are ****ed and have to go into to luxury tax to keep Derrick.

But, seeing how the market has been this year, how many teams are lining up to pay a non stretch defensive four like Derrick Favors $25+ million a year on a long term deal next summer? For him to demand that, he will have to have his best season ever and stay healthy. If he does that, I`d gladly pay to keep him.

My guess is Favor's was planning that he would be traded if we kept Hayward. Now that h Hayward is gone we have plenty of cap room for him. The main question is did he get his feelings hurt or does he still like it here and value stability.

I can't tell if Favs feels burned and wants out now or what. He is so cryptic. I hope not but I could see it with all the Jazz energy put towards Hayward the last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
Those are his latest likes on twitter:

GBGVxr5.png

If I had to guess, he doesn't feel very well appreciated and is plenty pissed by all the trade rumors year after year. Can you blame him? He powered through horrible long-lasting injury, he won us a series in the playoffs on a bummed knee, and Jazz fans can't stop talking about how superfluous and unneeded he is. Everybody is throwing him in trash trades for whatever we can get as long as he's gone.

Favors has been loyal. He deserves a good shot at getting back to form this season. He can help us tremendously.

If Favors has a bounce back season, and the Jazz are willing to pay him, I think he's smart to stay put.

Favors has said he's most comfortable at the 4, and not a lot of teams are looking for his skill set at the 4 position in the small ball era. Playing with Rudy and with a great pick and roll point guard in Ricky Rubio is a good situation for him. He also seems to the type of dude that fits well in Salt Lake City. He's my second favorite Jazzman, so I am admittedly biased, but I have always thought that Utah + Derrick Favors was a good match.

Faves gonna play 32 minutes a game this year, score 16.9, grab 9.9 rebounds, and have a career high in assists. Book it. Watch.

Would a LMA for Favors + Burks trade make sense? Adds 1st option on offense and should match well with Rudy. Bit of a diva though.

According to DL, Favors is FINALLY healthy and looks the best he's looked in a year-and-a-half. I had posted the interview video in the summer league thread yesterday.

According to DL, Favors is FINALLY healthy and looks the best he's looked in a year-and-a-half. I had posted the interview video in the summer league thread yesterday.

I hope so. I'd love to watch a healthy Wasatch Front while DMX runs the perimeter.

I really hope he stays healthy and has a great year, for him. I like him a lot and do think he would have been our best player if not for those injuries.
He has heart and seems to appreciate people and organizations that believe in him.
I am still concerned injuries will pop up again. We've had a few bad years for injuries.

Prediction.

We are 2nd in the league in rebounding behind OKC.
Probably not in total rebounds per game cause slow pace means less opportunity.
But maybe in rebound differential or rebound % or adjusted for pace or something.

I hope Favs isn't too upset. I think if we retained Hayward he may have been moved, but unless we get a first rounder or better fitting player we have no motivation to move him now.

Do you think Chicago would trade Mirotic in a sign and trade for Favs? He did well as a starter last year and I think the Bulls environment is generally bad for player development.