What's new

What Happens if We Don't Trade for Al?

homeytennis

I was driving to work this morning poed about the effort last night, and started to think: What would this team be like if we don't trade for Jefferson? We would have Fes, KK and Elson in the middle with Okur and Sap for power forwards. There probably was a big on the summer league team that could have been signed and you might see some more PT for Evans and elder Hayward. Plus we have the draft picks back.

As long as we have Elder Gordan Heyword, that's all that matters and that's all that I care about. Elder Gordan, please never leave.

in some universe kirilenko was never moved from his natural position and is winning mvp awards with career averages of 23/11/7/4/3

This hate for big al is a damn shame. He was never an all-star so not sure what anyone was expecting from him. He will get better, no doubt. You have seen flashes of what he can do. Move him to his natural position. He causes matchup problems for most pf, not so much for opposing centers. Milsap must be traded or this team will never be able to show what they are capable of.

This hate for big al is a damn shame. He was never an all-star so not sure what anyone was expecting from him. He will get better, no doubt. You have seen flashes of what he can do. Move him to his natural position. He causes matchup problems for most pf, not so much for opposing centers. Milsap must be traded or this team will never be able to show what they are capable of.

I could not agree more, either move Millsap or make him come of the bench. I would love to see Fes/Al/AK/Hayward/Deron start the games. Then you get Ewat/Price/Miles/Millsap/Memo. At least try it for a few games. Nothing could hurt at this point.

I could not agree more, either move Millsap or make him come of the bench. I would love to see Fes/Al/AK/Hayward/Deron start the games. Then you get Ewat/Price/Miles/Millsap/Memo. At least try it for a few games. Nothing could hurt at this point.

Change Fes to Okur.

Unfortunately benching Sap after he waited 4 years for this would not sit well with him. The only real option is trading him, making it a difficult situation to say the least.

Unfortunately benching Sap after he waited 4 years for this would not sit well with him. The only real option is trading him, making it a difficult situation to say the least.
Couldn't the Jazz just trade Big Al? You know, since he's paid more and does less than Paul.

Just saying.

And count me in the camp that still wonders what the deal(s) were that involved the Jazz moving up and drafting DeMarcus Cousins.

Cousins + Matthews + Millsap > Big Al + Hayward + Millsap

We will likely never know the particulars.

Millsap homers are pathetic. I like the guy, but Jefferson and Millsap's stats are essentially a wash and Al has been getting better as of late. The better scorer is Al and it will show either later this season or at the start of next season when he actually starts getting plays run for him. Of course, everyone fails to recognize this because they're so used to Matt Harpring and Craig Bolerjack telling them how hard Millsap works all the time and how he can do nothing wrong. In reality, his defense has been pathetic this year and he's put up just as many terrible games as Al.

Millsap homers are pathetic. I like the guy, but Jefferson and Millsap's stats are essentially a wash and Al has been getting better as of late. The better scorer is Al and it will show either later this season or at the start of next season when he actually starts getting plays run for him. Of course, everyone fails to recognize this because they're so used to Matt Harpring and Craig Bolerjack telling them how hard Millsap works all the time. In reality, his defense has been pathetic this year and he's put up just as many terrible games as Al.

have to admit millsap gets torched on a regular basis now. Dont believe he plays with the intensity he did 2-3 years ago on the defensive side.

Millsap homers are pathetic. I like the guy, but Jefferson and Millsap's stats are essentially a wash and Al has been getting better as of late. The better scorer is Al and it will show either later this season or at the start of next season when he actually starts getting plays run for him. Of course, everyone fails to recognize this because they're so used to Matt Harpring and Craig Bolerjack telling them how hard Millsap works all the time and how he can do nothing wrong. In reality, his defense has been pathetic this year and he's put up just as many terrible games as Al.
meh, scores as much on fewer shots. Gets to the line. Can pass. Runs the floor. Big Al is immobile.

I'm not a Millsap homer or a Big Al hater. I call it like I see it, and I confirm my suspicions with what data is available. When the Big Al homers are faced with arguments against their boy, they have nothing to say but the garbage you just posted. Dude has been underwhelming AT BEST. $13mil should buy you much more.

Pull your head out of your ***.

Agreed. Paul Millsap's defense/rebounding has been disappointing. Teams are going at him every night and are being successful, see Andre Blatche, Elton Brand, and even Kris Humphries compared to his average. Big Al is playing solid D, blocking shots, shooting well from the FT line, and continues to get better every week in a complicated system that is still new to him. I'm not panicking. The NBA is about runs, and not just within a game, but also within a season. We are slumping right now, but I'm confident we will start playing better. Jerry Sloan teams ALWAYS figure it out. The Jazz are not executing right now, bottom line. Let's not freak out and give the team an effing chance. Even teams like the Lakers lose 4 straight. Look to Deron to turn it up in the next week or two!!

meh, scores as much on fewer shots. Gets to the line. Can pass. Runs the floor. Big Al is immobile.

I'm not a Millsap homer or a Big Al hater. I call it like I see it, and I confirm my suspicions with what data is available. When the Big Al homers are faced with arguments against their boy, they have nothing to say but the garbage you just posted. Dude has been underwhelming AT BEST. $13mil should buy you much more.

Pull your head out of your ***.

And yet you never show up here unless it's to bash Jefferson who, even though he's a newbie, is STILL matching all of Paul's stats, even though teams double team him constantly and he never has plays run for him.

And count me in the camp that still wonders what the deal(s) were that involved the Jazz moving up and drafting DeMarcus Cousins.

Cousins + Matthews + Millsap > Big Al + Hayward + Millsap

We will likely never know the particulars.

Can you elaborate here? I follow all news surrounding the Jazz and have never heard this was even a possibility. Not doubting you, but curious to what you had heard. Perhaps I missed something? BTW AL> Paul any day of the week.

Paul has definitely been extremely disappointing this year. The one thing he had that made him a better than average player is not there; effort. He's undersized and quite factually, has a limited offensive game. If you are getting rid of AL or Paul, you do not trade Al despite the fact that he is not very smart.

Can you elaborate here? I follow all news surrounding the Jazz and have never heard this was even a possibility. Not doubting you, but curious to what you had heard. Perhaps I missed something? BTW AL> Paul any day of the week.
When I'm not so lazy, I'll search for a link, but I think even KOC confirmed that there were trades available to move up to 3 in the draft, but that the contracts the Jazz would have to take on made the trade unacceptable for the Jazz (I could be wrong).

And yet you never show up here unless it's to bash Jefferson who, even though he's a newbie, is STILL matching all of Paul's stats, even though teams double team him constantly and he never has plays run for him.
It's amazing how you fit so much ******** into one sentence.

Paul has definitely been extremely disappointing this year. The one thing he had that made him a better than average player is not there; effort. He's undersized and quite factually, has a limited offensive game. If you are getting rid of AL or Paul, you do not trade Al despite the fact that he is not very smart.
Why? Because he's bigger? I just don't get it. Millsap is what he is, but so is Big Al. Neither is an elite player, but only one knows how to serve as a role player (hint: The one who's paid to be a role player).